Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher attacked on stage

• 09-09-2008 6:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Funny thing is that Liam almost jumps out of his skin when it happens first and then gets all tough once security have the guy, did it to the wrong brother IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8bUiZv4XI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There's a thread over in music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

**** sorry guys I did a look around Music Forum but didnt spot it but I see it now.
    Feel free to delete,merge or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Did they get the bastard? I mean I'm not normally one for advocating violence, but that Gallagher really had it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Ha that was funny as hell not so much the noel gettin shoved bit but hardman liam jumps away from him but when there is like three security guards on the guy liam goes over all chest puffed out and stuff, hardman me arse

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah they caught him... he'll be charged with assault.
    I heard that Noel fell hard on some speakers and may have cracked a rib.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

GAAman wrote: »
    Ha that was funny as hell not so much the noel gettin shoved bit but hardman liam jumps away from him but when there is like three security guards on the guy liam goes over all chest puffed out and stuff, hardman me arse

To be fair if I was onstage and some nut job ran on I reckon I'd let security grab him before getting a dig in aswell, or you could just stand around and get Monica Sellesed/Dimebag Darrelled. Would you do any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

GAAman wrote: »

If he does get involved, then concert over and Liam winds up in the cell next to the attacker with massive stories all over the tabloids about how much of a disgrace he is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ha ha finally

• I hate those dialogue boxes that pop up ow when you watch a freakin movie. If i wanted to read some crap, I'd look at the info. Stop ruining the damn video.

But yeah, looks like he got a fair aul whack there, he went flying ha! How did he get up on stage in the first place?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

But yeah, looks like he got a fair aul whack there, he went flying ha! How did he get up on stage in the first place?

He's their lead guitarist! :D and the other fellas the singer!

• Advertisement

• antodeco wrote: »
    He's their lead guitarist! :D and the other fellas the singer!

Well whoever it was, they were sent flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The dude managed to come from the back! Thats some ****ty security right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

slipss wrote: »
    To be fair if I was onstage and some nut job ran on I reckon I'd let security grab him before getting a dig in aswell, or you could just stand around and get Monica Sellesed/Dimebag Darrelled. Would you do any different?
    It's the acting all tough afterwards though - Liam's always banging on about what a hard ****er he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Liam obviously didnt want to 'ave ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eh dont you think he might have been a bit taken aback like? its not exactly something that happens every night so he was probably stunned for a second, its a good excuse for any oasis bashers i suppose though

enjoy your moment in the sun i guess. do you really think the band care whether you like them or not? why knock people for doing something with their lives? they made their money, they made some very good songs, they made a lot of people happy. what have you done with your lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah they caught him... he'll be charged with assault.
    I heard that Noel fell hard on some speakers and may have cracked a rib.
    Why would Noel Gallager be charged with assault? :confused:

kryogen wrote: »
    eh dont you think he might have been a bit taken aback like? its not exactly something that happens every night so he was probably stunned for a second, its a good excuse for any oasis bashers i suppose though
    LOL :D
    Liam Gallagher comes across as extremely arrogant and obnoxious and makes out he's a hard ****er. 'Course people are gonna gloat! Sure, he might have been taken aback, but acting all tough after the fact and surrounded by security doesn't give him much credibility.
    enjoy your moment in the sun i guess. do you really think the band care whether you like them or not? why knock people for doing something with their lives? they made their money, they made some very good songs, they made a lot of people happy. what have you done with your lives?
    Holy going off on an unjustified defensive tangent Batman! Who said anything dissing their music or knocking them for doing something with their lives? Who said they want the band to care whether they like them or not? This is about a single incident, not Oasis in general!

Jeez... Oasis fans - the embodiment of defensiveness... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Why would they come to our concert to boo us?

Seriously, I hate Oasis, but why would you go to their concert if you didn't like them?

Besides, if you're gonna push anyone off stage it should be Liam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL :D

OASIS FANS ARE NOT FCUKING DEFENSIVE. Why cant everyone stop picking on us and being so mean to us. What the hell have any of you ever done? Oasis are the best

chalad07 wrote: »
    OASIS FANS ARE NOT FCUKING DEFENSIVE. Why cant everyone stop picking on us and being so mean to us. What the hell have any of you ever done? Oasis are the best
    ^^^
    Sure you're not defensive... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

^^^
    Sure you're not defensive... ;)

Joke, joke, joke! I thought the video was hilarious until I heard tonights gig in Canada was cancelled. Just hoping one in NY on Friday is not, just got tickets yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

chalad07 wrote: »

You can't thank posts in here so instead I'm quoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I can't really advocate attacking anyone on stage no matter who they are. Could have ruined the show for people who fork out their cash to watch the band, not some tosser wanted his 15 secs of fame.

may have been a bit defensive but since all i see on this boards is negativity and jackels waiting to pounce anytime oasis are mentioned i am conditioned to just defend them, it seems people can take as many pops at the band as they want but if someone defends them they are patronised or told to chill out

there is a large anti oasis contingent here and im not in it, i grew up on their music and i couldnt give a toss whether liam is a **** or a hard man.

for me oasis is all about noel anyway, but without liam and his attitude they wouldnt have gotten anywhere either to be fair. whatever you wanna say about liam he is one of the greatest frontmen of all time

People who don't like Oasis have every right to their opinion without being asked what they've ever done with their lives etc. That line could be applied to anyone who dislikes any band.

People who don't like Oasis have every right to their opinion without being asked what they've ever done with their lives etc. That line could be applied to anyone who dislikes any band.

100% agree, and people who do like them have every right to defend them, same goes for everything in this world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Ok, look at the video again and when the security guys have caught the guy and Liam starts getting all "hard", think Basil Fawlty when the car breaks down, just before he attacks it with the branch!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Ok, look at the video again and when the security guys have caught the guy and Liam starts getting all "hard", think Basil Fawlty when the car breaks down, just before he attacks it with the branch!!! :D

:D It is a bit like that, isn't it. Him shuffling back and forth, I have expected him to turn around to the drumkit and shake his fist.

kryogen wrote: »
    100% agree, and people who do like them have every right to defend them, same goes for everything in this world
    Yeah but stuff like "what have YOU ever done?", "do you think they care whether you like them or not" etc (not just said by you but by lots of Oasis fans/fans of other groups who get criticised - e.g. U2) - of what relevance are they? And why not use those lines every time someone criticises a band? I don't get why Oasis fans in particular take it so personally - it's a band ffs.

• Advertisement

you really dont get it dudess? you couldnt even hazard a guess like?

do you think it would have anything to do with us growing up on their music and havin a connection with the band and great affinity, its not just a band to certain fans. i am actually not one of the more die hard fans anymore, but i do have a special place for them

why do football fans get so passionate about their clubs?

same thing isnt it? you develop some sort of connection to an organisation and thats it, your a fan for life and you will defend them to the death... not to hard to figure out really

Oasis fans in particular may take it so personally because since oasis have had such sustained success and resentment that they have had to listen to it for a long time now and it wears a bit thin

can we draw a line now or would you like the last word?

Advertisement