Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz #9 - Numbers

• 08-09-2008 9:41am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The point of the game is pretty simple. In a PM to me, answer each of the 10 questions below.

Try to think of the most popular answer

If you need to comment or clarify a question then do it in thread please. And if you could reply once you've sent a PM it'd keep the thread alive Thanks!

Write your answers like this...

Do not repeat the questions, no full-stops at the end of answers, no spaces between lines, no comments, no fancy list coding. Thanks.

JUST LIKE THIS:

1. Dr Maria O' Brien
    2. Kathy Wells
    3. XXXX

The game will end when we have 40 entrants or after 5 days, whichever comes first.

I'm looking for a phrase or a title with the number ___ in it:

1. one
    2. two
    3. three
    4. four
    5. five
    6. six
    7. seven
    8. eight
    9. nine
    10. ten

As this one may not seem all that clear to some I'll give you a few examples (that you can't submit as your own answers) :)

1. One step beyond (a song from the group 'Madness')
    2. Two of a kind (expression also title of a movie)
    9. Nine ladies dancing (line from a Xmas carol)

There will be no need to explain the answers like I have done in the example.

So there you go. It can be a song title, name of a movie, an expression, line from a song.... What I won't accept though is movie titles such as "Police Acadmey 7" or "Mad Max 3".

I'm leaving this open for about a week to give people time to think about it. I don't expect anyone to be able to come up with 10 answers without a little bit of thought :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Ponster wrote: »

So there you go. It can be a song title, name of a movie, an expression, line from a song.... What I won't accept though is movie titles such as "Police Acadmey 7" or "Mad Max 3".

Entered.

So much for, Star Trek 1, Star Trek 2, Star Trek 3, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I had to edit my original post once I realised that nothing was stopping people from saying "Star Trek 1, Star Trek 2...." :)

Dead right! This one is going to be interesting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Well that helped me waste another 5 mins in work... ta... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

will there be a prize for the best one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Is there any way that you could make your "puzzles/quizzes" even remotely difficult, so that every person with even half of a brain doesn't always get every single answer?
    That would be cool :)

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Is there any way that you could make your "puzzles/quizzes" even remotely difficult, so that every person with even half of a brain doesn't always get every single answer?
    That would be cool :)

Do you understand the purpose of the quiz? The aim is not to give the right answer, but to give the most popular answer answer. Of course the questions are easy, the challenge is trying to predict what answer most people will give!

Yeah, the point is that the answers are easy to find but thinking of the one that most people will answer isn't.

If people give wrong answers then it's my fault for not asking the right question.

Fuzzy I used to post quizzes here where you actually had to work at the answers but as you can judge by the amount of replies to this post I gave up pretty quickly...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055085435

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

In! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Ok cool, gottit.
    I'm in if theres a really tricky one sometime, I love those :)

I tend not to bother too much with 'traditional' questions that can be answered with a quick Google search as it's impossible to ask people not to use the 'net.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

pm sent
    i thought that was really hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

sent and failed lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

that was difficult.

Pm sent...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

PM Sent . had fun with that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭SuzieWong

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

sent but had trouble with 5 and 10 for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Really? I came up with about a million ones for five. Eight was difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭See Ye

Sent - hard call for my two number sevens ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭patrickc

submitted thanks ponster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

Help... How do I send a pm. I miss Ponsters usual PM here :)
    I know what am I doing entering quizzes when I can't even PM without someone holding my hand but someone please help I've spent all morning trying to think of answers for this one...

Don't worry, you're not the first person to ask me this. I already got told off by my wife for not including the PM link :)

To send a PM to someone just click on their blue name to the left of their post and choose the second option on the drop-down menu to send a PM.

The other method is to click on the "Private Messages" link on the top right of this page and then "Send New Message" on the left menu.

I plan on scoring this one tonight as the entries have dropped off a lot since the first day.

• Advertisement

When I read your previous post Ponster, I though it said this:
    Ponster wrote: »
    I plan on scoring tonight as the entries have dropped off a lot since the first day.

Advertisement