Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancy Paper

• 31-08-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember fancy paper, have a funny feeling it might creep back in since so many 80s things are.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The wimmens in our class had then, had smells to them as well. I got one with Mr.T on it from a girl in our class who had a collection. I was happy with that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I remember one that looked like Ice-Cream. It was usually the more popular girls in the class that played with the paper, while I sulked around and stood in the forbidden grass area for attention :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ruu wrote: »
    The wimmens in our class had then, had smells to them as well. I got one with Mr.T on it from a girl in our class who had a collection. I was happy with that. :)

What did it smell like? Fear? Pain? Milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 gillybeans

yea i used to collect them alright they wer very popular in our school we used to swap them with eachother they had a kinda flowery smell with different pictures on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

This is weird. We were talking about fancy paper today at lunch in work. I didn't really have much to say then either. I never had any fancy paper. I'm wondering now would my social rank have turned out a bit differently if I had invested in something pony shaped. It seems all the popular girls had it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pigman II wrote: »
    What did it smell like? Fear? Pain? Milk?

Strawberries I think, totally ruined everything. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah I had loads of it - the smelly ones were the best. Was the Mr T. one that pic that was on t-shirts etc at the time of him holding kittens? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Now there's a blast from the past. I can't remember for the life of me what I used to keep all the paper in :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GabiP

I loved it! I used to go into town on saturdays to drama school and I always payed a trip to Roches Stores on the way home, they had the deadliest fancy paper ever. Once I had candy floss scented stuff aw the memories. My USA penpal used to send me some too so I had brilliant stuff, a pad of fruit smelling paper was a fave and also snoopy paper sent from USA. I was also a rubber collector, Erasers that is, I had some mad unusual ones, one was an actual sixed pencil parer, I used to get great craic lending it to people in woodwork to pair their 2Bs LOL. I particularly liked Betsy Clark stuff, she totally disappeared in the 80's. Was only saying today I have a Betsy Clark Doll, a Holly Hobbie & a My Sweet April Doll, sure they must be antiques by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I got loads as birthday presents. I just threw some out recently. Loved the smelly ones! Think it was Strawberry Shortcake that had a scent. I had a special folder for them as well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Did anyone ever collect fancy soap? That was what we little wimmins graduated to circa 5th class.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

YES! with the bath salts and the balls that disintegrated in the water! Also, I collected stickers as well. I still have my sticker book. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Ah yes, loved fancy paper and of course smelly erasers as well.

Someone mentioned Betsy Clark there. Had a doll of her which I buried under coal having cut her head off as I thought she was ugly. A child psychologist would have had a field-day I'm sure!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Think I had the fancy paper in an A4 sized folder it had a patchwork girl on it methinks.

Had some soaps like the mini ones and soap on a rope can't remember what it was might of been a duck or think it was a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Think I had the fancy paper in an A4 sized folder it had a patchwork girl on it methinks.

That sounds like the one I had - it was more of a file thing with compartments in it with some patchwork girl on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Yeah i collected it too, although i wasn't as well up on my collection as the other girls were :( . i remember one girl in particular who not only kept them in a folder but separated them into different categories and put them into separate envelopes in the folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

gidget wrote: »
    Yeah i collected it too, although i wasn't as well up on my collection as the other girls were :( . i remember one girl in particular who not only kept them in a folder but separated them into different categories and put them into separate envelopes in the folder.

Ahhh the meagre beginnings of chronic OCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone remember fancy paper, have a funny feeling it might creep back in since so many 80s things are.
    was a year too late for the 80s but had loads of fancy paper, think it may have been 2nd hand from my cousin, I still have it there. Anyone know if they still sell it somewhere? was checking eBay for "fancy paper" and "scented paper" didn't get much

Advertisement