Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nice restaurant for a special occasion?

• 26-08-2008 3:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

One month wedding anniversary to be precise, for foodies -- foodies into nice food rather than pretention though, so no foam unless it's really, really good foam.

Price isn't really an issue unless it's just plain silly money, but service should be very good.

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Went to Eden for our 1 year anniversary :D ... it really didn't disappoint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chapter One (Parnell Square North) is hard to beat for food and service but it may be difficult to get a table with one month's notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The Blackboard Bistro, Clare Street.
    The Chief (Pierre) is trying to attract some evening punters rather then just the office day crowd and does a really nice job of it. Food is magnificent, rustic French, lots of meats - rabbit is lovely if it's on the menu. If there is nothing on the menu that you fancy then just ask (if it's not busy) and he'll try to accomindate. He only has a wine licence so if you are looking for a cognac with your coffee you have to go elsewhere...but sure that just makes the night out last longer. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks for the recommendions folks, keep 'em coming!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Cedar Tree on Andrew Street

Chameleon Restaurant in Fownes Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

forbairt wrote: »
    Went to Eden for our 1 year anniversary :D ... it really didn't disappoint :)

+1

The Winding Stair on Bachelor's Walk, Ely on Ely Place, Shanahan's on St Stephen's Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Nonna Valentina is a pretty romantic type place in Portobello, nice and authentic Italian!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Mermaid Cafe on Dame St, Unicorn just off St Stephens Green, Le Guilleton on Fade St and Eden in Temple Bar are all favourites of mine!

Oh, forgot The Winding Stair, food there is great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

yeah i'd recommend le guilleton too...

and i hear chez max beside dublin castle (just opposite olympia) is rather good too. it's next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Here is a comprehensive list, some great places there...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055222757&highlight=dining+in+dublin

• Advertisement

To extend on my query, are any of these near Stephen's Green, or do ye have any recommendations near Stephen's Green?

Thanks,
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

What about Bentleys Oyster Bar and Grill on sStephens Green? Richard Corrigans new place.

http://www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/bentleys_oyster_bar_and_grill.7264.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the cellar, merrion hotel

l'ecrivain

Table for two reserved in Chapter One on Friday, thanks very much for all your help folks, appreciate it!

adam

let us know how you get on :)

Table for two reserved in Chapter One on Friday, thanks very much for all your help folks, appreciate it!

adam

defintely a great choice!!!!!

Table for two reserved in Chapter One on Friday
    That's the style! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Thats a sign of the times.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Thats a sign of the times.
    I was thinking that myself. It's not so long ago when you'd have to be thinking 6 months ahead to get a table there! :)

I was thinking that myself. It's not so long ago when you'd have to be thinking 6 months ahead to get a table there! :)

depends if OP booked lunch or dinner. If it's dinner then definitely!!!

• Advertisement

depends if OP booked lunch or dinner. If it's dinner then definitely!!!
    Very true shrapnel - but as it's for a wedding anniversary, I'd say it's for dinner! ;)

(Don't they also do a pre-theatre thing where you return after the performance for dessert etc.)

Hey, like, maybe I'm special. :)

(It is pre-theatre and we were told we need to be out by 7.45 or something. I'm not sure about the dessert thing.)

adam

It is pre-theatre and we were told we need to be out by 7.45 or something
    Ah, that explains it!

Quick followup for anyone that finds this thread via a search: Chapter One was absolutely corking, great food and great service. I'd highly recommend it, and my thanks to those that recommended it to me!

adam

it was the pre theatre meal ? ... whats the cost like if I'm allowed to ask .. nice wine ? :)

(or I'll just have to walk by it)

About €90 for the two of us. No wine, just 2x minerals each.

adam

Chapter One was absolutely corking, great food and great service. I'd highly recommend it, and my thanks to those that recommended it to me!

adam
    That's a relief! :) When recommending a restaurant, there's always a danger that others may have a different experience!

Advertisement