Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Nocturnus : "The Grotesque"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Walsho wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a website for this? Online comic? Have I completely misunderstood? I've only just skimmed through the thread so will give it a proper read through now.

I would assume there will be one.

Dragan might have a place in mind, I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

So I have more time to read this now.

Cupla ceisteanna, mais e do tholl e (before any one questions my Fada's or lack thereof this is an arabic keyboard. It doesn't appear to be able to do them).

So basically there no real plot out lines so far as opposed to these manifestations appearing to the innocent am I correct ?

Are they triggered by certain emotions (i.e - Feeling lust would trigger that "spirit" to make an entrance) sort of thing ?

Was thinking about it last night and my thoughts were running down the path of the spirits manifest based on the emotions and try to persuade the innocent to follows through on the malicious thoughts that everyone can have now and then.

Take an example - As you say a Christmas party scenario, the innocent starts to feel jealousy at the office bimbo who's getting all the attention maybe. Scene darkens and something manifests out of the darkness, the emotion jealousy/envy/vanity. A Renaissance/Casanova styled persona with a face as perfect as a porcelain mask. He starts to play on her jealousy, perhaps showing her hallucinations as to how she could act rashly towards the bimbo for her own benefit ?

(Later the line between the hallucinations may blur and she finds that some of the hallucinations were her own doing perhaps ?)

Am I on the right track here at all ?

Would be very interested in helping along this project if I am needed, however I dont have very much in the way of skills to offer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

c - 13 wrote: »
    So I have more time to read this now.

Cupla ceisteanna, mais e do tholl e (before any one questions my Fada's or lack thereof this is an arabic keyboard. It doesn't appear to be able to do them).

So basically there no real plot out lines so far as opposed to these manifestations appearing to the innocent am I correct ?

Are they triggered by certain emotions (i.e - Feeling lust would trigger that "spirit" to make an entrance) sort of thing ?

Was thinking about it last night and my thoughts were running down the path of the spirits manifest based on the emotions and try to persuade the innocent to follows through on the malicious thoughts that everyone can have now and then.

Take an example - As you say a Christmas party scenario, the innocent starts to feel jealousy at the office bimbo who's getting all the attention maybe. Scene darkens and something manifests out of the darkness, the emotion jealousy/envy/vanity. A Renaissance/Casanova styled persona with a face as perfect as a porcelain mask. He starts to play on her jealousy, perhaps showing her hallucinations as to how she could act rashly towards the bimbo for her own benefit ?

(Later the line between the hallucinations may blur and she finds that some of the hallucinations were her own doing perhaps ?)

Am I on the right track here at all ?

Would be very interested in helping along this project if I am needed, however I dont have very much in the way of skills to offer :D
    See I really like this! This is how my mind works, there's instantly something more "solid" to work with! Not to say that any other way is wrong, different strokes etc., but this appeals to me in a developmental sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Also forgot to ask in my last post - Do you guys intend to stick to the traditional 7 deadly sins or are other emotions available for inclusion, anger for example ?

c - 13 wrote: »
    Also forgot to ask in my last post - Do you guys intend to stick to the traditional 7 deadly sins or are other emotions available for inclusion, anger for example ?

I cant say about the rest til I talk to Dragan, but sticking to the 7 deadly sins is boring. I'd like any emotion! but try to make it original and twisted... Thus the idea behind lust is that it's not just lust but blood lust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hey guys, just wanted to pop along and see how this is doing!!! Some pretty fantastic ideas in here i must say.

Have only had a quick scan as am working all weekend at the Kings Of Concrete Festival. First proper photography job so it's taking up a lot of my dedication.

I'll give the thread a proper read when i get home later and i will go through all the PM's.

For now though, thanks a million for all the interest! Had no idea it was going to kick off like this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Hey guys, is this still happening?

I doubt I'll participate much because tbh, I don't think I "get it" but I was looking forward to seeing it come together! :)

Dragan is a bit busy right now from what I hear but it isn't dead to me, certainly. :)

SDooM wrote: »
    Dragan is a bit busy right now from what I hear but it isn't dead to me, certainly. :)

Certainly not dead at all! :)

I actually managed to start writing the quick draft of the story last night, it's mostly point based, very little dialgoue, mostly like a verbal storyboard and brief overview. The idea has changed in my head slightly....but only around the delivery!

Anyways, hopefully i will get a solid enough evening of work behind it tonight and then post later for people to have a look at! ( Sorry i got no work done on it last week but i had SO many photos of the Kings of Concrete to sort out and do required photoshop on - 634 to be precise! )

Dragan wrote: »
    Certainly not dead at all! :)

I actually managed to start writing the quick draft of the story last night, it's mostly point based, very little dialgoue, mostly like a verbal storyboard and brief overview. The idea has changed in my head slightly....but only around the delivery!

Anyways, hopefully i will get a solid enough evening of work behind it tonight and then post later for people to have a look at! ( Sorry i got no work done on it last week but i had SO many photos of the Kings of Concrete to sort out and do required photoshop on - 634 to be precise! )

*Rubs hands together*

Looking foward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

*Rubs hands together*

Looking foward to it!

Likewise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I would like in! Although my brain is fried and as such have no ideas to help you with...

I'm useless.

Still, Dragan...?

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I would like in! Although my brain is fried and as such have no ideas to help you with...

I'm useless.

Still, Dragan...?

You're in. Already have a role for you as well.

Update : I have gotten some nice work done on the storyline this week but REAL LIFE ( uck! ) kicked up some dust clouds that had to be dealt with. I'm gonna have to sideline it for the next day or two but as of Monday i am back in the world of choosing my own artistic direction and i have decided to make this my full time project/vehicle to greatness.

Thanks for all the patience and hopefully it will soon be rewarded.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Kaz, the character's not a bad one, but you don't need to make stuff so personal. I really hope we're not lining up for another "little episode". I've already had this thread reported.

I would ask the rest of ye to mind your own manners too, I'll blanket ban all participants of any argy-bargy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Kazobel wrote: »
    Now if we mix my character with your vaginal denistry we may very well have created the ultimate nightmare, that even goes beyond "The Grotesque" :D:D
    YES! Vagina Dentata FTW!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's not what you said, it's the manner in which you said it. You're calling others pathetic and coming across as someone with a big chip on their shoulder. Like I said, stop making stuff personal.

I've got no reason to make any kind of "administrative" decision here, I'm jst telling the others (a lot more so than you Kaz) to keep a lid on. I already gave my +1 to the character, if others disagree with that, let them spell out their arguements why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I haven't really been following this thread, but I saw the phrase "vaginal dentistry" and am now intrigued! :D

Ok Kaz you made your point. This is Dragans project and he doesn't want you involved.

If you continue posting about it here I'll look at it as taking the thread off topic, I'd rather you just let it go now.

[/mod]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Mod-
    in case you missed it ^^^^

quit the fighting Kaz. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Kazobel wrote: »
    Thats not a fight, hell if anything I'm restraining myself, trust me you'd know if I was fighting...
    banned.
    2 warnings and you still wont shut up.
    back on topic everyone please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

So Dragan, any updates?

No pressure!! :)

paperclip2 wrote: »
    So Dragan, any updates?

No pressure!! :)

Update coming later on tonight! I finally cracked the whole "how does she end up in Weird Land problem"! lol I just went back to an old book idea i had a few years back and pulled from that.

Format has changed slightly as well but that will all be covered later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Update coming later on tonight! I finally cracked the whole "how does she end up in Weird Land problem"! lol I just went back to an old book idea i had a few years back and pulled from that.

Format has changed slightly as well but that will all be covered later!

Looking forward to it. Thank you!
    :)

get up early all hung over and no dragan update. Wah!

And will you beer with us again? There's a new thread :pac:

Soon you will learn you can never trust me, or arrange to do anything at a certain time because something always happens!!!

In short....later today. :o

Soon you will learn you can never trust me, or arrange to do anything at a certain time because something always happens!!!

In short....later today. :o
    Looking forward to it :) </guilttrip>

Looking forward to it :) </guilttrip>

Damn you!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Dragon I haven't seen you in ages. And you owe me a dance.

In short, the genie misses you and would like you to come out and play. Please? Please please please with a strawberry topping?

• Advertisement

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Dragon I haven't seen you in ages. And you owe me a dance.

In short, the genie misses you and would like you to come out and play. Please? Please please please with a strawberry topping?

What you doing post work tomorrow? We can meet for a chat and sort something out?

Advertisement