Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Kilkenny pubs

Options
  • 15-08-2002 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

5: Shem O'Hara's Thomastown "stay for a late one!"
    4: Syd Harkins Kilkenny "Good pool table and good Ale!"
    3: Little Andys (formerly Phealans) Kilkenny "Best Stout in town!"
    2: Paris-Texas Kilkenny "Ohh the talent there!"
    1: Widows Kilkenny "Great Ale, great laughs & great music!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

O Faoileán's is nice. Haven't been there much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hmmmm, interesting. I like Matt the millers, Mondays of course, Langtons, Breathnachs. The Witness Box (For the Music)..... actually TBH anywhere that serves beer, I find that its more the people you are wih then the location (within Reason) The Widows is an other fav of mine, although, has changed alot recently...... I dislike Paris Texas, yes the women are fine........ BUT ITS ALWAYS BLOODY PACKED.

Marble city bar is nice (For a quite on, nice surroundings) Any way I think I'll stop, I could write all night.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

My GF is from Johnswell...though I'm a Yellowbelly
    I thought Cleares and Tynans by the river were good (in different ways..)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tynans is nice, but the regular clientele are generally at least 20 years older than me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Tynans, jaysus, I think I was in there once, to drag my da out.... as Munch said most people in there are 20 Years older then me. I must say I like Cleeres. Other good ones are Kytlers (late Bar), Venue (afterhours bar) and langtons late bar........ Hang on a minute, maybe thats the reason I did so ****e in my LC, all these late bars.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Stephen
    Tynans is nice, but the regular clientele are generally at least 20 years older than me :)

Dunno how old you are, but I may be getting close :(

Advertisement