Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor smoking

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Walking to work this morning with a mate I was enjoying a delicious Camel I bummed from her. Stopped at pedestrian crossing waiting for the green. Chatting away, took a drag, exhaled and got a dirty look from a woman who happened to be downwind of said exhaled smoke. I wanted to say something to her but took two deep drags instead and made sure she got a nice lungful. She moved away. Ha, victory. Jesus though, what gives - it's open air - buses are pumping out more toxic crap and that doesn't bother her but my smoke does. It's people like that make me more militant. It it's outdoors (bus stop, atm queue whatver) I'm going to smoke if I want to unless the nanny state dictates otherwise!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Damn right. I came out of the pub the other night and pissed all over a guy's shoes. Sure, I could have nipped down an alley but why should I: it all ends up in the same place, doesn't it? The guy wasn't too pleased, but fúck 'im: what's he gonna do?

If the government wanted us to respect other people's personal space they'd force us to do it by law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Oh come on now. Take it to the ridiculous extreme why don't you.

She was standing downwind of smoke and could have moved. I didn't walk up to her and blow it into her face. Looking at me like I killed her first born child earned her the retaliatory second plume of smoke.

Mind you, I'd love to have pissed on her shoes too :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Delightful.

She'll certainly think twice before giving you a dirty look again.

But...
    "made sure she got a nice lungful"
    and
    "I didn't walk up to her and blow it into her face"

So which method did you use to vanquish your foe on this occasion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Well, I'd like to have been really obvious about it and blow it right in her face but sure that woud be rude.

Ah well, you're obviously a more considerate smoker. maybe I'll be as good as you one day :)

Advertisement