Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching More Than One Soap

Options
  • 10-08-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Is it possible? I watched Emmerdale and Fair City for a while, but I ended up with a huge Emmerdale backlog that I had to erase. As a soap fan, I feel I'm missing out by not having time for Corrie and Emmerdale (Eastenders less so). But that would mean never watching anything but soap, and I get enough grief for my Fair City habit.

Does anyone watch more than two? Do you switch allegiance from time to time, or dip in and out of a particular show? Or do you just sit on a marble throne all day, eating grapes and watching six hours of gritty shenanigans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I watch Eastenders and Corrie, they're both on at different times so I don't have any problems watching the two of them. I don't watch them religiously and miss a couple of episodes every week, but it's easy enough to keep up, except for Eastenders, but that can be hard enough to follow even watchin it every night with it's crazy storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 gillybeans

most soaps ar timed so that they dont overlap which is great cause i watch them all (i have no life!) :D

5.30 Neighbours
    6.30 Home & Away
    7.00 Emerdale
    7.30 Corrie
    8.00 Eastenders

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

gillybeans wrote: »
    most soaps ar timed so that they dont overlap which is great cause i watch them all (i have no life!) :D

5.30 Neighbours
    6.30 Home & Away
    7.00 Emerdale
    7.30 Corrie
    8.00 Eastenders

:p

I am struck dumb with envy. I would swap Neighbours for Fair City, though. I could never get into it. I think I blamed it too much for the music of the late 80s to watch it with a clear head. The voice inside screaming "YOU MURDERED POP!" was too hard to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I watch Emmerdale, Corrie and Fair City all the time. And then I watch Ros na Run for the winter also. I dip in and out of Eastenders. As someone else said, they all run one after the other, so no problem normally. However if I'm going to miss them for more than one night like when I'm on holidays or stuff, I don't bother taping them - I just read the tv mags that come with the papers and they'll you enough info to catch up.

Advertisement