Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiger woods 09 released in 2 weeks ,whos in

Options
  • 08-08-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

tiger woods 08 was my favourite title of the year, bfbc came a close 2nd, the online play on tiger is amazing, tiger 09 is out in 2 weeks just wondering is any of you going to buy it, take my advice its very addictive, my psn is Dublinreaper add me and we,ll spank some yanks togeter, they hate losing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

almanu wrote: »
    spank some yanks togeter, they hate losing.

what and we love losing? :rolleyes: :D

how is Tiger '08? I remember playing the 2005 version back on the original Xbox where there was Tiger Vision, golf ball cam, side spin control, power shots, crazy player outfits etc.

I then played '07 on the PC and it was a much more somber (read boring) affair where it was basically just a golf sim.

Is 08 or 09 anything like the 05 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

anyone knows if this is getting trophy support?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

L31mr0d wrote: »
    what and we love losing? :rolleyes: :D

how is Tiger '08? I remember playing the 2005 version back on the original Xbox where there was Tiger Vision, golf ball cam, side spin control, power shots, crazy player outfits etc.

I then played '07 on the PC and it was a much more somber (read boring) affair where it was basically just a golf sim.

Is 08 or 09 anything like the 05 version?
    online in 08 is really good fun, 07 was rubbish i agree, and 09 is said to be better on line than 08 ie no server issues ,so im really looking forward to it , ive a lot of friends from the us and they love a good wind up, id wait till 09 comes out its 2 weeks away so id wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

yeah i am tempted to get this. haven't bought a tiger game since 04. what a corker that game was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i played a demo of 08, and it was impossible, the swing action was far to sensitive....was it like this in the game or was it just a matter of gettin used to? because it put it me off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

my psn is Dublinreaper add me and we,ll spank some yanks togeter, they hate losing.

You'll be the Padraig Harrington of the digital world! TW 05 was brilliant, especially the fantasy course that you could unlock. I remember going for all the achievement balls (drive over 400yds, albatross, etc) kept me entertained for weeks. The computer characters were very weak in single player mode though. Multiplayer is where this game is at

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Does 08 have all the added features that they took out in 07 though? I mean can you still do power shots and control the spin on the ball whilst its in the air?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Does anyone know what golfers are going to be included in TW 09?

Paddy Harrington surely has to get a look in this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Demo is out this Thursday!

did anyone else think the swing action was very sensitive on 08??? i only played the demo, found it very hard to not slice the ball! is it just a matter of getting used to?

harrington is in 09, so is darren clarke as far as i know.

• Advertisement

i played a demo of 08, and it was impossible, the swing action was far to sensitive....was it like this in the game or was it just a matter of gettin used to? because it put it me off it.
    it takes a bit of getting use to but when you do its so rewarding.

did anyone else think the swing action was very sensitive on 08??? i only played the demo, found it very hard to not slice the ball! is it just a matter of getting used to?

darren clarke is harringtons not somting about him being greedy with the fee.

darren clarke is harringtons not somting about him being greedy with the fee.

harringtons not???? ah :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Does 08 have all the added features that they took out in 07 though? I mean can you still do power shots and control the spin on the ball whilst its in the air?

Yeah, '08 was class, once you got used to the controls it is a fantastic game. I play it all the time now.
    The power shots are back in and the spin control is there aswell. ;)

See above, once you get used to the controls they are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I saw a review of this the other day. Apparently if you have any of the last three, it's pretty much the exact same game with a few tiny changes. If you're new to it or havn't played it in a while then it's the best gold game you can get.

I think you can also changed the controls to the 3 press method (press 1 moves the power bar up, press 2 when it gets to the required strength, press 3 when the power comes back down), so if you don't like the swing mechanism, you can do without it.

HARRINGTONS not in it thats a definate, chat invited a usa friend thats got it, in his words it awsome dude, no sever issues as of yet so fingers crossed, plus lads if you have trouble slicing and hooking , 09 has an option to help you with that in club tuner, plus 09 is not as sensitive as 08 so im told so it sould be right up your alley, you will sacrifice a bit of distance to make up for a bigger sweetspot on your club face, who wouldnt sacrifice a bit of distance to make up for puting it in the lake or trees.

oh btw heres a link to all the new courses in fine deatail lads, http://www.easports.com/tigerwoods09/news.jsp?itemID=wall_paper

Just got this today and somethings annoying me.......

When i play offline i'm brilliant at it, have got numerous rounds over -12 and usually one putt, then online it's so much harder, putts rarely go in first time and approach shots are'nt as easy to land, this is even on the standard settings(easy tees, greens)

Anyone else find this?

Out of 5 online matches i've had i've lost them all, easily too :mad:

Playing the game on normal mode, been ace at this should at least get you by online(against beginner players)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I'm doing the Tiger Challenge at the mo.

You know the custom drills after every challenge you do....are they worth doing or not? I'm doing them after every match but their fierce boring and can take ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i just bought this on sunday its quite good. i am useless at it though which is no surprise since the last golf game i played/owned was pga tour97....... thats right 97 thats ps1 people ah the memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

bought it yesterday had a quick game, can give someone an online game if you can specify friends online..

bought it today, seems ok, what i expected really.
    it will take me a while to get used to the swing action again i think. still slicing a few tee shots.

Advertisement