Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new retro game shp in moore st mall

Options
  • 07-08-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

some guy opened a retro game shop in moore st mall and he said that he is getting a retro sf2 machine to hold comps on in the near future. think he said its on its way. games are well priced too. for a change. lots of nintendo though he said he will be getting in sega stuff soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I will visit this establishment on my return from France & see if he's on their level so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any examples of prices there? For example how much would a NES cost? How much are games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I think I'll drop in there this weekend for a look.... Hopefully he hasn't gone for rip off prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭philip graham

he has a fully boxed nes with duckhunt and mario plus some boxed games that are in amazing condition, think he said its going for 250 and the games 35. i think this is fair since i visited a retro game shop in italy recently and nes games ( boxed and good condition ) were 75 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

think he said its going for 250 and the games 35.

Jesus tittyfcuking christ!

I love retro consoles and games but I dont think I could justify that much money!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

I'll pop in myself ... see if there is any DreamCast stuff that catches my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Oh dear, €250 for a NES is insane. I'll buy it off my mate instead.

i think its fairly priced since u pay 500 for a basic ps3 pakage, plus to find a nes in that good condition and fully working now is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

:pac: If you want to PLAY retro games, go unboxed -- less than a tenner each.

Or emulate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Class! Any atari2600 games?

• Advertisement

dont know whats in his stock but he said he does gets in any title on any format you want. takes about a week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Where is this place located?

its the first kiosk you see when you walk in from the parnell st enterance into moore st mall

• Registered Users Posts: 34,690 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

250 for a boxed nes? That's insane. They're nowhere near rare. I bought a boxed nes recently in a second hand shop and it cost €15. And the box looked like it had just rolled out of the factory new.

There's making enough to keep a business going and there's taking advantage of people. I'd love to shop in a place like that but won't even consider doing so if the prices are that crazy.

its weird, he sells xbox360 games for 18e but nes for more!
    where did you get the mint nes? 15e sounds great for one that looks like it was just out of the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Those are some rip-off prices.

Retro Game store in San Diego was selling a NES console for 50 dollars.

games ranged from 5-30 dollars.

Master of the Universe

where did you get the mint nes? 15e sounds great for one that looks like it was just out of the factory.

My mam saw it sitting on a shelf in a second hand shop in Bray. Came home and told me about it. I was convinced it would be gone by the time I ran back down. Lucky for me it wasn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sounds awesome... I really wanna go there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Will have to check this out but €250 euro for a boxed NES is completely insane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Must take a look, but where is the Moore Street Mall?
    Is that the same as the Ilac centre?

250 for a Nes is utterly insane, that guy is probably sourcing his stuff on eBay and making a massive markup, shameful carryon, all we retrofans can do is refuse to buy at those prices, he'll soon change his ways with overpriced stick left languishing on his shelves.

• Advertisement

hahahaha funny you should say that cause the nes with 5 boxed and mint games is 160 now:P

Master of the Universe

hahahaha funny you should say that cause the nes with 5 boxed and mint games is 160 now:P

Fingers crossed he's out there listening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭darth conway

i was in there today and have to say its a fairly poor collection that guy has ive more games in 1 draw (boxed) than he did ,

still think best place is that game exhange in talbot st!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Prehaps the owner reads this forum....:P
    As regards his prices, well it is the rip off republic and every retailer tries to
    charge as much as they think they can get away with, thats business people!
    Personally I hope he does well as it's good to see retro games etc available to the masses.

i was in there today and have to say its a fairly poor collection that guy has ive more games in 1 draw (boxed) than he did ,

still think best place is that game exhange in talbot st!

I made the trek down to Talbot street and was very disappointed, very little there and most of it pretty banged up. Game on dawson street still carry some GameCube and original Xbox games although the selection for both is fairly poor. Only to be expected really.

Amazon.co.uk and ebay are the best places to source older games.

gotta say im pretty happy that he is there too and he doesnt have a great selection but the store is only open a week isnt it? plus i did order a game from him and i have it already:D

right I'll have to go over and check it out tomorrow lunchtime.

Edit: I figured out where it is.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NINTENDO-NES-BOXED-CONSOLE-SUPER-MARIO-Bros-VGC_W0QQitemZ320283980414QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How can he justify €250 for a NES?!?
    Madness I tells ya...although €35 aint half bad for the games..saw a retro shop in Amsterdam that were selling them for €70.

the nes with 5 games is now 160 which i think is pretty good. considering the games go for 70 each else where. i told the guy who owns it about this thread and he must have rethough his prices after seeing peoples reactions to his prices:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

That place is fecking tiny. It's like a phonebooth, feck all games too. I just saw some PS2, 360, Gameboy. I think he had 3 SNES games. I had expected something bigger to be honest. Not really worth the trek across town but if you live in that area and pass by it I suppose it's alright to pop-in.

Advertisement