Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The original 13

Options
  • 01-08-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering about the original 13 Transformers. So far I can only think of three that have been named.

Vector Prime
    'the Fallen'
    Maccadam (rumoured)

Have there been any other references to any of the other original 13 and if so where?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Prima? Was he one? Or a different continuity altogether?

An unnamed Prime, the guardian of Rarified Energon, the primal substance of which all Transformer life is composed. This yet unnamed Prime is composed of Skyfall, Landquake, Breakaway, Topspin, and one as yet unrevealed robot.
    Possible members are:

The Liege Maximo
    It is established he was created at the same time as the first Prime, but implies that this was perhaps unintended, so leaving open whether he should count as one of the thirteen.
    Note: The Liege Maximo was confirmed in Simon Furman's "Alignment" story as one of the first thirteen, but that story was "unofficial" and of debatable canonicity.
    Last Autobot
    According to the words he spoke "Since Cybertron's Creation, I have slumbered within the planet, awaiting a time long foreseen by your creator, Primus", it can be inferred that he might be one of the thirteen.
    Maccadam
    Rumor on Cybertron says that he is one of the thirteen and that his bar exists outside regular space-time, linking all realities, though sometimes this rumor is chalked up to the imaginations of the bar's drunken patrons. The story "Prime Spark" from the Legends anthology confirms the rumor and the nature of the bar, but its place within broader continuity is questionable.
    Alpha Trion (A3),
    Alpha Trion described himself as a first generation creation of Vector Sigma, which serves as the internal computer of Primus, of which Alpha Trion is also the guardian. Transformers: The Ultimate Guide also said that he kept watch over the Transformers for Primus before Cybertron was attacked by an alien race, and Alpha Trion served as Primus' agent during the Universe conflict.
    Numerous other very ancient Transformers exist, Boltax, the Keeper of the Underbase, and the Keeper, the protector of the slumbering Primus, but none have been yet included in the ranks of the first thirteen.

I love the transformers wiki.

SDooM wrote: »
    An unnamed Prime, the guardian of Rarified Energon, the primal substance of which all Transformer life is composed. This yet unnamed Prime is composed of Skyfall, Landquake, Breakaway, Topspin, and one as yet unrevealed robot.
    Possible members are:

The Liege Maximo
    It is established he was created at the same time as the first Prime, but implies that this was perhaps unintended, so leaving open whether he should count as one of the thirteen.
    Note: The Liege Maximo was confirmed in Simon Furman's "Alignment" story as one of the first thirteen, but that story was "unofficial" and of debatable canonicity.
    Last Autobot
    According to the words he spoke "Since Cybertron's Creation, I have slumbered within the planet, awaiting a time long foreseen by your creator, Primus", it can be inferred that he might be one of the thirteen.
    Maccadam
    Rumor on Cybertron says that he is one of the thirteen and that his bar exists outside regular space-time, linking all realities, though sometimes this rumor is chalked up to the imaginations of the bar's drunken patrons. The story "Prime Spark" from the Legends anthology confirms the rumor and the nature of the bar, but its place within broader continuity is questionable.
    Alpha Trion (A3),
    Alpha Trion described himself as a first generation creation of Vector Sigma, which serves as the internal computer of Primus, of which Alpha Trion is also the guardian. Transformers: The Ultimate Guide also said that he kept watch over the Transformers for Primus before Cybertron was attacked by an alien race, and Alpha Trion served as Primus' agent during the Universe conflict.
    Numerous other very ancient Transformers exist, Boltax, the Keeper of the Underbase, and the Keeper, the protector of the slumbering Primus, but none have been yet included in the ranks of the first thirteen.

I love the transformers wiki.

EDIT: Seems I was right, Prima is one.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/13_original_Transformers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Does that mean he is 5 of the original.. or six?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Does that mean he is 5 of the original.. or six?

I read some of that stuff... It's not very clear.

They don't have "13" like powers so I would like to think they combine to form one.

• Advertisement

Interestingly, I also read on the TF Wiki that the original 13, like Unicron, exist across dimensions. ie: there arent multiple versions of them in the multiverses.

Interestingly, I also read on the TF Wiki that the original 13, like Unicron, exist across dimensions. ie: there arent multiple versions of them in the multiverses.

Thats an interesting idea.

It would mean the 13 could influence all dimensions in the TFU different ways.

Thats an interesting idea.

It would mean the 13 could influence all dimensions in the TFU different ways.

If youve read the comic 'Balancing Act' they Wedged Vector Prime into G1 continuity. During the Beast Wars he secretly skewed (Beast) Megatron's shot (aimed at Optimus Prime) just slightly, enough to stop Prime being killed out right and therefore allowing Optimus Primal to save his spark.

If youve read the comic 'Balancing Act' they Wedged Vector Prime into G1 continuity. During the Beast Wars he secretly skewed (Beast) Megatron's shot (aimed at Optimus Prime) just slightly, enough to stop Prime being killed out right and therefore allowing Optimus Primal to save his spark.

He also dragged RID oppy and Omega into the unicron trilogy universe to help out in the Universe comic.

Gets around, so he does!

He also dragged RID oppy and Omega into the unicron trilogy universe to help out in the Universe comic.

Gets around, so he does!

Well they came from the G1 Universe (post Beast Machines) after being held captive inside Unicron.

• Advertisement
Advertisement