Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower running cold after 5 mins. Brrrrr!

Options
  • 29-07-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick Q from someone new to the wonderful world of electric showers... (have just moved in to a new property and the only shower is electric)... it works well, very impressed... but only for 5 mins or so, then the water goes cold.

Where should I start my investigations? Boiler (oil fired) seems to be heating water OK for the rest of the house, so is this a shower/pump issue, or something else?

Doesn't really bother me, I'm usually quick... but someone needs to wash their hair and takes much longer in the shower than me! :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for any advice,
    David.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

so it's a mixer shower and not an electric shower? as in the only thing thats electric about it is the pump?

If you turn it off of 2 min and then back on again will it give you 5 more min of hot water?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

It's an electric unit (white box) in the shower, not a mixer. Turning off and on again doesn't give 5 more mins of hot water, no. I wish it was that easy!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

what is the make and model number of the shower?

it should have it on the from of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

'tis a Mira "Event" (!) if that helps...?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

davenewt wrote: »
    'tis a Mira "Event" (!) if that helps...?
    I'll bet the answer is in here ..
    Strange problem though..
    http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Had a problem something the same, the hose was kinked just as it screwed into the shower unit but couldnt see it until I disconeccted it and the plastic tube on the inside ot the hose was kinked, so I just replaced the hose and so far so good

Advertisement