Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Mandalorian Website

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hey I know I shouldn't be advertising a site here, especially as I haven't been on boards in a while, but I just wanted to tell you about a Mandalorian site I've set up. It's called Irish Mando'ade and the address is http://www.irish-mandoade.r8.org/
    I set it up to try and form a community of Mando'ade and it's primary purpose is to help teach people the Mandalorian language. So please check it out if you have an interest and let me know what you think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

delta36 wrote: »
    Hey I know I shouldn't be advertising a site here, especially as I haven't been on boards in a while, but I just wanted to tell you about a Mandalorian site I've set up. It's called Irish Mando'ade and the address is http://www.irish-mandoade.r8.org/
    I set it up to try and form a community of Mando'ade and it's primary purpose is to help teach people the Mandalorian language. So please check it out if you have an interest and let me know what you think!

just going to check this site out. a seriously impressive project i have to admit man, fair play. but can i ask, was there even a full Mando language developed?? I have often seen it used in the various novels by the likes of Skirata and sorts...but I doubt that Lucas actually took the time to develop and entire language...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

There is a full Mando language developed. Karen Traviss, author of the republic Commando books, among others, started developing it and it is now close to over two thousand words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

delta36 wrote: »
    There is a full Mando language developed. Karen Traviss, author of the republic Commando books, among others, started developing it and it is now close to over two thousand words.

Nice. i still have to read true colours. enjoyed hard contact and triple zero. not mad about karen traviss though. was talking to her once and she literally acted like a salesman trying to pitch her book. it was like;

me: "hey i've really enjoyed your series, they've brought me a lot of entertainment in an era i'm not particularly mad about..."

ms traviss: "well be sure to read true colours, and pre-order order 66 to see how it all turns out"

that's pretty much what she actually said...no joke like!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Wonder if the OP is still around given what’s happening tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

Wonder if the OP is still around given what’s happening tomorrow

:D

Hopefully so but last post 3 years, 11 months ago :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement