Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What's the music in the Heineken Green Energy ad with the girl in a flat and the tune in question blaring from the flat upstairs so she goes up to have a word with the occupant? Great piece of music...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

andgoodbye wrote: »
    There's a song they play on 2fm(I think it's 2fm, could be Q102)
    The song is called bubbly.
    It's a really good and catchy song and it's wreckin my head tryin to remember her name.
    Any help?

Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
    goes....I've been awake for a while now
    You've got me feeling like a child now
    Cause everytime I see you're bubbly face
    I get the tinglies in a silly place

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Dudess wrote: »
    What's the music in the Heineken Green Energy ad with the girl in a flat and the tune in question blaring from the flat upstairs so she goes up to have a word with the occupant? Great piece of music...
    Lovers of Life by Star Little thing
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=47307519

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

I am wondering what is the music used on the current RTE GAA advert - the one that features players speeches from past finals and has the tag "RTE, proud sponsors of the GAA hurling championship". It sounds very familiar - could be from a film or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Can somebody tell me the name of the song/band that is at the very end of this clip like at 4:20, I think it might be The Twang but ive gone through their album and cant find it, its annoying cos ive heard it loads on the radio aswell! thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Anyone know this song..I only have a brief description of the video basically but it's wrecking my head to know what the song is..

There's a group of girls and they go onto a bus..think it's in a desert type scene?
    It's a black male singing in it as far as I remember.
    Anyway..when the girls come off the bus they're wearing very little clothes compared to what they wore going on..

think it's captioned something like "ready: hot" when the girls come off the bus or similar..

Dance type song..

any help appreciated!
    Seen it on MTV dance as far as I can remember when I was in Santa Ponsa recently..

sorry for the poor description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

allybhoy wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me the name of the song/band that is at the very end of this clip like at 4:20, I think it might be The Twang but ive gone through their album and cant find it, its annoying cos ive heard it loads on the radio aswell! thanks

MGMT- Time to Pretend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ianmull

Does anyone know that song in the new coors light ad thats on tv at the moment?
    I found it on youtube but it yields no hints as to who sings it!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=51XYVBFgl1M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Not expecting the answer to this one as probably don't have enough info. Its been doing my head in for the last few weeks trying to figure out what it is. The song is from early 70's to mid 80's when I was a kid. Female singer sounds a bit like Karen Carpenter but don't think it is. Its with keyboards.

I remember the song is about love divided/lovers being apart. From my memory I think it was set in space (It isn't "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft") but could have been just different parts of the world. thats all I got I'm afraid, any guesses welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Anyone know this song... Always seems to be on at weddings etc. Cheesy DJs play it. It goes 'Body Talk..... Body talk....' etc! Has to be called bodytalk, but don't know wos the artist is! Very 80's George Michael sounding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Anyone know this song... Always seems to be on at weddings etc. Cheesy DJs play it. It goes 'Body Talk..... Body talk....' etc! Has to be called bodytalk, but don't know wos the artist is! Very 80's George Michael sounding!

Body Talk by Imagination; always on Top of the Tops when we were waiting for something decent to come on!

linky-dink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Thanksa mill for that, was wreckin my head! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

REALLY need help with this one because its wreckin me head:

Acoustic, almost whispering lyrics, chorus goes something like

"Stockholm, my kind of town"

Its based on stockholm anyway...cant find it anywhere on lyrics search or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Anyone know the name of the song on the Boots ad;

"Here come the girls... girls.... girls etc.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejaCa6Eewc
    Ernie K. Doe- Here Comes the girls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hi all, just heard a song on the radio there, sounded kind of mellow, didnt get the name of the band but the presenter said they were currently touring cork.

female singing, he said the name of the song was x to z's or something like that.

after spending the last hour straight looking through gig guides in cork and googling bands.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

copeyhagen wrote: »
    hi all, just heard a song on the radio there, sounded kind of mellow, didnt get the name of the band but the presenter said they were currently touring cork.

female singing, he said the name of the song was x to z's or something like that.

after spending the last hour straight looking through gig guides in cork and googling bands.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers

Maybe Nouvelle Vague? just because her voice is quite mellow. I cant identify the song however...

yeh i had been searching her songs on youtube but couldnt find it.

the radio presenter did say that it was a cover of someone elses song so it could be her i suppose.

cheers

just got this from wikipedia:
    On their first album, Nouvelle Vague, the group resurrected classics from the New Wave music era, and reinterpreted them in a bossa nova style. The songs were stripped back to acoustic arrangements with lithe shaker rhythms achieved by gathering a parade of chanteuses from all over the world (six French, one Brazilian and one New Yorker) to cover bands including XTC

so im thinking that maybe xtc was the name of the band whose song they were covering, not the name of the song they were covering. thats if were right about it being them!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

so im thinking that maybe xtc was the name of the band whose song they were covering, not the name of the song they were covering. thats if were right about it being them!!

Is this it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Not expecting the answer to this one as probably don't have enough info. Its been doing my head in for the last few weeks trying to figure out what it is. The song is from early 70's to mid 80's when I was a kid. Female singer sounds a bit like Karen Carpenter but don't think it is. Its with keyboards.

I remember the song is about love divided/lovers being apart. From my memory I think it was set in space (It isn't "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft") but could have been just different parts of the world. thats all I got I'm afraid, any guesses welcome :)

Clouds Across the Moon?

cant see youtube links in work, i did however go onto youtube on my phone having done some research on discogs and i found the track.

its nouvelle vague - making plans for nigel.

thats probably what you had linked to is it?!

cheers blackhorse and kerash, crackin tune

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

cant see youtube links in work, i did however go onto youtube on my phone having done some research on discogs and i found the track.

its nouvelle vague - making plans for nigel.

thats probably what you had linked to is it?!

cheers blackhorse and kerash, crackin tune

Oh excellent, donno how I didn't think of that, love their version of that song:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hello lads, 2 songs.
    1)I heard this one yesterday on Tony Fentons show. I think it was something about new york or something.
    2) This one is probably easy. Its a 90's japaneses one I think. It goes like "hell maka 2 maka 3 maklina helllll macerina HI!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

2 sounds like the Macerana :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Swish15

Trying to find a song. Only information i have is from the video. Its a blonde girl singing, she is working as a waitress In like a frat house party, And at the end she decides she doesnt want to work there and in the end some lad takes her and she gets up and sings for the party??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Please help! There is a song advertising a certain program on RTE at the moment (Can't think of the name), The lyrics go something like this:
    "If you believe in miracles, let's make something happen". Not sure if that is word for word, but it is what I grabbed from it.

Would very much appreciate if anyone can come up with the name of this song as it is in my head all night. There is almost a tearful sound the singer's voice (male).

Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sarah_lennon

What's the song from the Spar ad - something about trumpets

What's the song from the Spar ad - something about trumpets

That song my friend is called "Did i step on your trumpet" By a Band Called Danielson

its on Youtube. At first i thought it was Kings of leon, Similar Voce!!

• Advertisement

Plug wrote: »
    Hello lads, 2 songs.
    1)I heard this one yesterday on Tony Fentons show. I think it was something about new york or something.

That sounds like it might be "Moving to New York" By the wombats

Advertisement