Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who will win Scottish Open 2008?????

Options
  • 09-07-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Mickelson at 9/1 looks tasty
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Monty at 33-1 is where my money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GerCPM wrote: »

Yip good shout.

Johan Edfors at 100/1 is a massive price for guy who has proven himself. I know he has played poorly in last month or so but he has too be respected and 100/1 really he should be no worse then 66/1 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Some of my money has gone on Bjorn at 300 on Betfair. Will do another couple of selections in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

Søren Hansen has been knocking on the door, so I'll follow the Dane, with an e.w also on Søren KJELDSEN

Carlsberg dont do golf 1st and 2nd but if they did.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

mccutchie wrote: »
    Søren Hansen has been knocking on the door, so I'll follow the Dane, with an e.w also on Søren KJELDSEN

Carlsberg dont do golf 1st and 2nd but if they did.......
    :D:D

Gotta be MONTEEEEEE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭C0SM0

My money is on Mickelson to win and Els e-way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Good start again for McGinley. He's played some lovely golf this year but just can't string it all together over 4 rounds. Hope he can keep it going this week and get into the Open - at least a top-5 required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Nice tidy start from Monty... 6 pars and 2 birdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

my final three bets this week have been
    Bjorn 300
    Green 100
    McIlroy 100

And Green is off to a nice start too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Not sure what odds you'd get right now but Thomas Levet would be worth a few euro. He's a past champion and last week, if he had been putting even like an average tour player, he would have pushed Ross Fisher all the way. Seems to be holing them today - co-leader @ 5 under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

GerCPM wrote: »

Doesnt look like Mickelson is at the races.Missing short putts all over the place.I fancy Cabrera or Romero now both playin well.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Stenson for me this week.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

I put a few quid on jimenez at 28, and an e/w on michael campbell at 300. worth a punt anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 grainne_ed

keepherlit wrote: »
    I put a few quid on jimenez at 28, and an e/w on michael campbell at 300. worth a punt anyway

Cambo wouldn't be in the running at the monthly medal at present.

grainne_ed wrote: »
    Cambo wouldn't be in the running at the monthly medal at present.

:D:D:D...good one.

Yeah, anybody know what's up with his game? Did he pick up an injury or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

had a punt on jeev milkha singh e/w
    in fine shape after 2 rounds

also a double with singh and o wilson to finish top 10 on pp
    Singh -6 36
    wilson -5 36

Its half the battle done when your bets make it to the weekend, ill get to see them rather than look at europeantour.com in the office:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

I chanced a double top 10 with milka singh, mcilroy, made more sense than my campbell bet, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I put money on Scott on wednesday.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

my final three bets this week have been
    Bjorn 300
    Green 100
    McIlroy 100

And Green is off to a nice start too....

lookin well so far

Great to see the Irish all making the cut and well placed.

Damien McGrane - tees off with Angel Cabrera today. Hope he isn't intimidated by the big hitting of Cabrera. Damien should stick to his own game plan.

Gary Murphy & Peter Lawrie - both not a million miles away at -4.

Paul McGinley - out of it really at -1, but could get close with 2 good rounds and at least move up the Order of Merit.

Come on lads!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

McDowell had a 66 today to be out in the final group tomorrow with Simon Kahn.

Still loads of players with 4 shot's of the lead and it would not surprise me to see a score being posted early and no-one match it.

Seen some of the final holes with McGrane/Cabrera and some of it was shocking.

Advertisement