Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project [~Dark Energy~]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Nice one but where are the pics of the Rig !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Ok more random stuff, quite disorganised but hey I'm lazy..

DSCF0335.JPG

The mounting bracket for the swiftech double rad, made from 1.2mm alu scored and bent using this...

DSCF0337.JPG

Yep a vice and some wood, high-tech right? I used a another bit of wood and a hammer to get the bend fairly accurate.

Rad_bracket.jpg

Here's the one for the thermochill mounted to the rad with M4 hex head screws, I had to drill the fan mounting holes a bit bigger on the rad for them, scary stuff I nearly punctured the rad a couple of times!

Jig.JPG

This is the black-translucent acrylic for the top of the divider plate in the case, It's being cut by a jigsaw I have flipped and mounted on some plywood. It's handy because you have more control over the acrylic, good for smaller stuff.

DSCF0339.JPG

These are the blade I used for acrylic cutting - specifically for acrylic, metal blades can be too fine and melt the stuff and have offset teeth which can chip the acryl.

DSCF0312.JPG

The trusty Black and Decker jigsaw, it even has Turbo!

DSCF0318.JPG

The rear UV blue acryl panel/fan grill thingy cut and marked for holesawing.

DSCF0333.JPG

Done and sanded.. It took a lot of polishing to get it shiny again.

DSCF0389.JPG

Here's the baycover without the black alu paneling, bending was done by clamping down the acryl and heating it with a heat gun in a specific line. I used a piece of wood to block the heat going to the rest of the piece.

DSCF0385.JPG

The front panel prior to tint filming it.

DSCF0604.JPG

This was when It was pretty much finished, you can see the rad mounted to the bottom of the case (Again with M4 hex heads) and one D5 over it, the other is next to it. The D5's are actually bolted to the front of the case with gel-stuff between it, I'll try find a proper pick of it..
    I now have a couple of HD's mounted in that space above the rad in front of the psu, on rubber bands in an acrylic cage thing.

DSCF0403.JPG

The "Workshop" aka my dirty, untidy and cluttered garage.

Finally until I take a few fully finished pics here's a sexy one, don't you just love EK stuff?

DSCF0286.JPG

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

awhir wrote: »
    bump

I've see it \0/

papu wrote: »
    I've see it \0/

then take pics of it :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Dude where do you buy the larger sheets of Arcrylic and Alum?

Advertisement