Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

just relax for the next few weeks until your results come out:) if your vetting forms come later, it dsnt mean youve dne anyworse than the ones who have already received them, so theres no need to worry:)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I sat my A/C on Monday 16th as well. No vetting forms for me as yet either. I'm not worried about how quickly I get them. Just whether I get them at all. There's a long way to go with PSNI recruitment. Just settle in and try not to stress too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jason Clerkin

Can I just ask what do them mean by partner.. Surely this is husband/wife??? Don't see why I would have to put down siblings boyfriend or girlfriend. This would be irrelvant to my situation. Correct???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

You dont get asked about siblings partners!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jason Clerkin

Thanks for clearing that up for me there YPG :) Maybe I shouldn't be gettin ahead of myself here, still have to do A/C yet lol. These forums get you thinking into way too much stuff!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HGVwannab

Well guys looks like I was right.... I love it. Ha. Vetting forms are coming in for near enough everyone, hopefully whatever the reasons it will speed up the process. Can't wait to get mine posted so that I don't need to be so panicy about going over the speed limit by 1mph! It's so bad I just drive going 'don't get caught....don't get caugh until vetting forms are off'. PS I do not in anyway condone speeding, I'm talking about those accidental few times. Te he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

i jus got off the phone with vetting just there now and the told me that the have just recived my vetting forms from the garai. i sent my forms off back in the 1st week of january, so heres hoping i near the end of waiting:mad::mad::mad: and will get in foe sept. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 William 100

I just came across this board this afternon after randomly searching google for information on the vetting and merit pool picking process as I wasnt too sure on how the whole thing came together.
    I just recieved my vetting form this morning which i wasnt expecting as id only done the a/c on the 18th there but I see that seems to be the way of things this year. Hopefully it will make the process a lot faster so that we can be either put out of our misery or indeed begin to get excited about the whole training process.

Anyhow, keep up the good work, ive enjoyed and gained a lot of information by reading through your posts and am sure to be back soon (especially since its now been bookmarked) :D
    Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I just came across this board this afternon after randomly searching google for information on the vetting and merit pool picking process as I wasnt too sure on how the whole thing came together.
    I just recieved my vetting form this morning which i wasnt expecting as id only done the a/c on the 18th there but I see that seems to be the way of things this year. Hopefully it will make the process a lot faster so that we can be either put out of our misery or indeed begin to get excited about the whole training process.

Anyhow, keep up the good work, ive enjoyed and gained a lot of information by reading through your posts and am sure to be back soon (especially since its now been bookmarked) :D
    Good luck all

Welcome aboard - I suggest that you go to the original thread before it was split into the different processes and read it from the start - thats what I did and theres lots to learn - mind you it will take a while so pour a glass of something cold and enjoy! Good luck with your campaign, hope your the patient sort, seems you need to be!!!

Got my vetting forms through today as well. :D:D:D:D Looks like I'm in it for the long haul now. I had convinced myself that I had totally messed up at the A/C. I guess I only partially messed up. Now for that form.... I really wish I had photocopied last years form!!! :o

• Advertisement

hey congrats to all those who have received the vetting forms:) starting to think ive failed my a/c, i completed it the same day as carlty888 and hgvwannabe, they've both received theirs! starting to think the worse, anyone no for sure where i might stand?as c13 is causing more problems than its worth, so defo not hopeful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

given1 wrote: »
    hey congrats to all those who have received the vetting forms:) starting to think ive failed my a/c, i completed it the same day as carlty888 and hgvwannabe, they've both received theirs! starting to think the worse, anyone no for sure where i might stand?as c13 is causing more problems than its worth, so defo not hopeful!
    think you are in same boat as me that you are still being vetted in c13,my a/c for c14 is this fri and im unsure if i was to pass again if i have to fill in more vetting forms, i know carlty and others filled theirs in last year and now have to do it again for this campaign but i was sort of hoping that seeing as they are still vetting me(near 7 and a half months)that i wouldn't need to fill in more forms

Given1

I really wouldn't read too much into who has received their vetting forms and how long it took. I received my vetting forms earlyish last time round but have dropped out while you're still in the running.

Think of it all like a race. It's not who starts quickest, but who finishes that counts.

im unsure if i was to pass again if i have to fill in more vetting forms

My guess is that you will have to fill in a vetting questionaire for each campaign. We now have to resit the medical each year, so I can't see them going easy with vetting.

I imagine that if your C13 vetting is still ongoing they'll use what they've got along with any new information you may or may not have to put in your C14 vetting questionaire. Hopefully it will at least speed the process up a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shaz200828

Hi All,

I have been reading all your posts all afternoon and neglecting my kids by using sky as a babysitter.....I just sent my vetting forms back last week after sitting my AC on Friday 13th June (thankfully it wasn't unlucky for me lol), i recieved my vetting forms the following Saturday and now just living in hope now. This is my first time applying and trying not to get my hopes up too much.....does anyone know roughly how long you wait for the medical date??

Good luck all x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi Shaz

Well done getting threw the AC first time, It is a very good achievement.
    I don't think their is any rule of thumb regarding if and when you get a medical date. Most people got their med dates a week or 2 after receiving their med forms. I on the other hand didn't get mine until I had cleared vetting - Which took almost 7 months !
    Just sit back and enjoy the ride Shaz. A guy called Jim back last year took a total of - I think it was 6 weeks from finishing his AC to actually Getting a start date! Others have waited a Year mind you :eek:

Hi Shaz

Well done getting threw the AC first time, It is a very good achievement.
    I don't think their is any rule of thumb regarding if and when you get a medical date. Most people got their med dates a week or 2 after receiving their med forms. I on the other hand didn't get mine until I had cleared vetting - Which took almost 7 months !
    Just sit back and enjoy the ride Shaz. A guy called Jim back last year took a total of - I think it was 6 weeks from finishing his AC to actually Getting a start date! Others have waited a Year mind you :eek:

Lucky Jim, what are the chances of that happening again?!?!:confused::eek:

Lucky Jim, what are the chances of that happening again?!?!:confused::eek:

I would say slim as we're still in the middle of the C13 intake. Stranger things have happened though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Well send away my vetting forms yesterday now i guess i'll just have to wait and see. Think this is going to be the hard bit. Just waiting around then i'll probably have to wait some more and after that i would say they might make me have to wait another wee bit then i'll check the letter box and make sure its still there then maybe wait for another while then check my phone after which i'll go back to waiting about............ i think you know what i mean

owen1976 wrote: »
    Well send away my vetting forms yesterday now i guess i'll just have to wait and see. Think this is going to be the hard bit. Just waiting around then i'll probably have to wait some more and after that i would say they might make me have to wait another wee bit then i'll check the letter box and make sure its still there then maybe wait for another while then check my phone after which i'll go back to waiting about............ i think you know what i mean

I'm guessing you've been here before. :rolleyes: The waiting is by far the worst aspect of the process.

• Advertisement

think you are in same boat as me that you are still being vetted in c13,my a/c for c14 is this fri and im unsure if i was to pass again if i have to fill in more vetting forms, i know carlty and others filled theirs in last year and now have to do it again for this campaign but i was sort of hoping that seeing as they are still vetting me(near 7 and a half months)that i wouldn't need to fill in more forms

well my vetting only finished a short period ago, so hpefully its just down to the fact that theres no real urgent need to revet me so soon after it just finishing!! hopefully yours goes through soon, thats an awful long period to be waiting on vetting:(

Im sure this has probably been asked and answered previously on the forum BUT.......

Are we contacted by the PSNI when vetting is complete or is it up to us to contact them? Just curious:)

LOL to all the boardies:D:cool:

Im sure this has probably been asked and answered previously on the forum BUT.......

Are we contacted by the PSNI when vetting is complete or is it up to us to contact them? Just curious:)

LOL to all the boardies:D:cool:

From what I gather, the PSNI will contact us if they require any further information regarding the vetting, but other than that it will be the 'Dear John' or the 'phonecall'. I know you get a letter to tell you that you've passed/failed the medical, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a call/letter to say "congratulations, you've passed the vetting".

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I have been once or twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I think you are right carlty, dont think anyone has mentioned being contacted about the vetting unless it was to give extra information for it.

Thanks carlty and gcbc, so i guess there could be a long silence after the medical and then just out of the blue 'word'!!!!! So really you never know when they could ring or send a letter!!!:eek::)

Thanks carlty and gcbc, so i guess there could be a long silence after the medical and then just out of the blue 'word'!!!!! So really you never know when they could ring or send a letter!!!:eek::)

That's pretty much it. The merit list is going to be available in October (according to the Consensia website), so that'll give an indication as to whether we stand much of a chance of getting in. The feedback forms are supposed to come out around the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

This link has been posted in the pass but I thought it would be helpful for anyone new to the forum its about an amendment to the police(northern Ireland) act 2000 in regards to the recruiting procedure. I think it came into order from sept 2007. I hope it helps.

http://www.nio.gov.uk/draft_policing_(miscellaneous_provisions)_(northern_ireland)_order_2007_consultation_document.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Just a quick message,

Got my vetting forms on thursday there (happy as a pig in Sh*te to be honest) just wondering the only form i got to fill in said part 2 is there a part one?? or did i fill that in when i applied to consensia??

Forgive me if i'm breaking the rules here but Just thought i'd ask you guys before bothering the vetting people as you guys seem to know everything there is to know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

i just got off the phone with vetting and got some info, my vetting is all there and it just awaiting a decision from the boss man who says if your in or out,

at the moment he is off for a few weeks so there is a hold-up on people, where there veting is all in but just not being rubber stampedand, then he be back at it hopefuly before the month is out so hopeing that i get mine sorted before the sept intake. and all the rest of you lot too.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

So its back ok then?

Seeems a bit strange having to wait on one man to approve it then. Do they not think you have been waiting long enough to get in

Advertisement