Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Bugged :mad:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Gareth if you have a problem. And no one else can help (and you can find them). Maybe you should call......The A-Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Bugging is not possible from a central location. With an IMEI number all you can do is cross triangulate where the phone is located, for which you need a Court Order.

As i said, to have any record of content....at all....a device would need to placed within the mobile handset itself.

The handover interface for lawful interception has been public knowledge for years.
    E.g. ES 201 671 Handover interface for the lawful interception of telecommunications traffic,
    is implemented by Ericsson et al.

AFAIK though traffic has to be directed to a dedicated monitoring facility, with plenty of procedures to cover the telecom providers. So I'd think it unlikely to be done by a rogue guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

ressem wrote: »
    The handover interface for lawful interception has been public knowledge for years.
    E.g. ES 201 671 Handover interface for the lawful interception of telecommunications traffic,
    is implemented by Ericsson et al.

AFAIK though traffic has to be directed to a dedicated monitoring facility, with plenty of procedures to cover the telecom providers. So I'd think it unlikely to be done by a rogue guard.

There was silence periods at the start, clicking and even a lot of disconnects. Can this be done with a manual physical bug or are these the symtoms of a remote surveillence?

I have spoken to Guards who have confirmed that these PIs are ex guards and use their friends to do the bugging.

Have you or people you know switched mobile companies recently? If someone switch's networks but keep their old number the phone beeps when you ring to let you know that you are ringing a different network. Maybe that is the beeping you hear.

But I still think the A-team is the way forward. They do a real professional job. Also no matter how much destruction they cause, the person who hires them never seems to get into trouble. Brilliant!

• Advertisement

Gareth if you have a problem. And no one else can help (and you can find them). Maybe you should call......The A-Team.

The average age of these posters must be 15 :o

Have you or people you know switched mobile companies recently? If someone switch's networks but keep their old number the phone beeps when you ring to let you know that you are ringing a different network. Maybe that is the beeping you hear.

But I still think the A-team is the way forward. They do a real professional job. Also no matter how much destruction they cause, the person who hires them never seems to get into trouble. Brilliant!

Never heard beeping and no. Its usually a clicking sound similar to what a capacitor does when it discharges. Ive checked out the signs, I have spoken to Gardai (Detectives and Sergeant) and PSNI and also to a private investigator. ALl have given me the same story. Its going on so I think I will take their word that they have access to the network and have a surveillence lcoation in Dublin. They help out the PIs in return for money. Simple as.

I think they are trying to crack down on it but Im not sure.

Gareth37 wrote: »
    The average age of these posters must be 15 :o

Not really, I'm just bored.

You could play 'Hanson' Oum Bop song throughout the house all day continuously. If anyone tries to listen to them recordings they'll go mental. (that was a serious suggestion!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

There was silence periods at the start, clicking and even a lot of disconnects. Can this be done with a manual physical bug or are these the symtoms of a remote surveillence?

Neither. I'd guess bad reception on one end or the other and transmission artifacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

If I remember my movies correctly:

Keep your showers, baths running all the time for background noise.

At night sneak out and put bananas and potatos up the exhausts of every car in the area then drive off at high speed.

Pay particular attention to burning down the houses of anyone who's only moved to the area in the last couple of months.

Drive into the mountains with a full tank of fuel and then when you and your "tail" run out of petrol you can fill up with your secret cache of petrol unless they've the black helicopters following.

That Pizza van parked across the road making strange bleeping noises for the past six months IS NOT A PIZZA VAN.

Trap hairs in the doorjambs throughout your house so you can see if they've been opened.

Sprinkle all the door handles in your house with pollonium and then watch the news to see who it was.

Sprinkle uv talc inside the door of every room in the house so you can see sneaky footprints.

Build pangee traps with pointy excrement coated stakes throughout your property being careful to take note where they are.

OR

Self medicate your lithium. More is better in this situation.

Seriously though, you're not being electronically bugged. You need warrants etc to authorise it, no matter what "powerful friends" your nemesis might have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You could play 'Hanson' Oum Bop song throughout the house all day continuously. If anyone tries to listen to them recordings they'll go mental.

Unlikely. Oom Bop is a modern classic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dragan wrote: »
    Before you go any further you should know that i work for one of the mobile companies in this country. Part of my job for quite a while was as a liason between various people, other operators, law enforcement etc.

So yes, i am pretty aware of what i am talking about.

Bugging is not possible from a central location. With an IMEI number all you can do is cross triangulate where the phone is located, for which you need a Court Order.

As i said, to have any record of content....at all....a device would need to placed within the mobile handset itself.

It is absolutely impossible to tap a phone when it is off because the phone is not connected to any cell, so their is absolutely no idea of it's location within the network.

Even when you want to run a cross triangulation of cells...you need to have 3 cells that the phone can conceivably pick up a signal from and hope the that users travels in such a way as to be handed off from one cell to another so that you have some rough idea as to their location.

Anything else you would like me to dismiss from your rubbish thread?

Give up the ghost mate, troll jobs only work when you have some kind of knowledge of what you are hoping to joke about, not hearsay and action film scripts.

At with all due respect to those involved in the Shell to Sea protests that really is a case of Conspiracy Theories ftw!
    Dragan wrote: »
    LoL,

no offence mate, but that is the biggest pile of bollix i have ever read.

Mobile phone tapping does not work AT ALL the way you seem to think it does. To have any record of the voice calls you would need to somehow have placed something in the mobile phone itself.

No mobile operator in the country has any kind of record of voice call content, merely numbers dialled and dates for billing purposes. Locations can be found through cell triangulation but if you remember your news stories there was a very famous murder case where this was used. Total lenght of time for the cops and the operators, along with the relevant court documents and injuctions to be sorted out was a couple of weeks...and that was a murder case.

In order to get or release phone records to the Gardai a Court Injunction is required and for anything other than a murder trial that will take months and months of legal efforts by all sorts of people.

This information would never be released to a Private Detective for any reason.

You sir, are talking out your ass.;)

Gareth ignore this guy, he's clearly working for those PIs. He even admits to working in one of the phone companies so he probably helped them bug you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you breaking any laws?

If not, then why should you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Unlikely. Oom Bop is a modern classic.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Being Bugged :mad:

OP seems to be mad alright. I can lend you my tinfoil hat if you want. It keeps them from accessing your thoughts.

On a more serious note why not just go the police or psni (whichever applies here) and report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

First you must get a disguise, that way you can atleast try to evade them, then you cover up all windows and lock all doors, do not answer the door to anyone you don't know and keep off the streets as much as you can, move down to the basement or up to your attic if you must and have a secret entrance or escape route just in case.

BTW If they're watching your internet dose that mean they could be monotoring this forum right now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Riddle101 wrote: »

BTW If they're watching your internet dose that mean they could be monotoring this forum right now:(

Of course THEY are. Wave to em.

No wonder they feel so unappreciated having to spend all day dressed as phone repair men hiding in the back of a cramped van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

There onto us Cyril, get out of here!

*ice-cream van drives off at high speed

Op this has to be a piss take? ****ing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

The Truman Gareth 37 Show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never heard beeping and no. Its usually a clicking sound similar to what a capacitor does when it discharges.

Actually, why would there be clicking? Technology has moved on a considerable amount since the political thrillers of the 80's and early 90's. The recording is done digitally these days and if someone was to manage to bug your calls, it'd happen relatively instantaneously, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Its usually a clicking sound similar to what a capacitor does when it discharges.

Would that be a flux capacitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

humanji wrote: »
    Actually, why would there be clicking? Technology has moved on a considerable amount since the political thrillers of the 80's and early 90's. The recording is done digitally these days and if someone was to manage to bug your calls, it'd happen relatively instantaneously, wouldn't it?
    Still have to rewind the tape though. Same as with your DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

We're watching you gareth37......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Have you considered that maybe your phone is broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

God this is such bullshít. It's not even funny anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

My phone is being bugged too!!

It drops calls and crackles when i'm talking on it. It always seems to happen when i'm in a lift/under a bridge/down the country... Happens soometimes in my house too, although when i move closer to the window they stop recording. Must be in case I see their satelite ice cream van outside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

If you are being bugged, surely this gives you a unique oppertunity to mess with people's heads?

Start talking on your phone about meeting up with a hot young lady friend, make sure to mention over and over the location and time.
    Then watch from near by as the PI turns up at the "Fat Chicks in Party Hats" convention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I didn’t wanna say anything earlier but….im being bugged too

I broke the dam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement