Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

• 14-06-2008 1:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations! Say hello to your future colleagues, and throw a "Thank You" to the owners of boards.ie for allowing us to use their facilities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Well peeps, hope I'm not going to be a Billy here on my own for too long :eek: My start date is 16Nov08. Hope to see some of you at Garnerville, whether you start before, after or with me. All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jonesville

got the call today starting 3rd august :D
    happy ****** days

congrats JVB though how come you not starting until nov?

i may have to defer myself not sure anyone with experiance of this can you pm please

Jonesville wrote: »
    happy ****** days

i may have to defer myself not sure anyone with experiance of this can you pm please

Excellent Jonesville, well done :D I deferred to Nov due to my current employment. If you have a legitimate reason to defer, then the PSNI will consider it. i.e booked holiday, forces commitments etc. You'll need some documented evidence to forward to them. Just call recruitment if your date doesn't suit and discuss. They will defer you only once tho!!! Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

Congrats Jonesville !!!

Hopefully I'll see you there. If you have to defer, as JVB said it's not really a problem if you have a reason. I deferred from May because I go on holiday this week, I just had to e-mail my flight and booking confirmation. I got an e-mail back the same day confirming it was ok.

Well done again, what ever you decide to do.

Now who's next to join us ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

happy ****** days

Calls still going out this week then, still some hope maybe.

congrats anyway you must be so happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

Hi,

just a quick question for all you lot who have gotten the call already... Did they call you to your home phone or mobile? I had assumed they'd call on my mobile, but apparently a woman phoned my house today when i was out and asked me for me in a formal way...

well done everyone by the way! really hope ill be joining you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I think it is mobile they call, nearly 100 %. Hope it is anyway cause Im never in the house during the day and the phone is never working or else no one answers it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

I am in I am in I am in..............O my good god I am soooooo over the moon peeps. Just got call 5 mins ago.

Well done Jonesville

I think it is mobile they call, nearly 100 %. Hope it is anyway cause Im never in the house during the day and the phone is never working or else no one answers it :D

Hi gcbc

Yes indeedy , Appointments rang me on my mobile.
    With held number also. Gave me my start date and SRN open night. Said info pack be out before end of the week.

O have goosebumps all over me. Feeling was so unreal getting that call - people you may think I am a lil over the top but honestly I have been trying since 2001 - so ya can imagine how I feel lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

well done alanbelfast!

if you dont mind could you give me a rough idea of ur merit score, because i know they're going down the list in merit number, and it'd give me a rough idea if i should be keeping my phone by my side today or not!

good job alan.

didn't you just do your medical recently?

egwene wrote: »
    well done alanbelfast!

if you dont mind could you give me a rough idea of ur merit score, because i know they're going down the list in merit number, and it'd give me a rough idea if i should be keeping my phone by my side today or not!

Cheers egwene

Merit number was below 50 and of Rc desent.
    I do hope you get the call , I swear their is no better feeling in the world. I honestly have not been this happy before in my puff.

good job alan.

didn't you just do your medical recently?

Did my medical yesterday!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I am in I am in I am in..............O my good god I am soooooo over the moon peeps. Just got call 5 mins ago.

Welcome to the club!

Peeps it will not let me thank previous posters for some odd reason?

now that is quick, ha did mine back in feb.

right back to trying to find a car, gonna need it now
    ;)

Thank you psni,

And cheers for all the help and guidance threw the very very very long months.
    Was much appreciated

I can't even go out and get seriously drunk as I am not touching it due to training and wanting to be in the fittest possible shape for G'ville. Atleast if I am fit then I can concentrate on the paperwork and practicals etc.

Hi

Are you going to defer?
    Would you be coming up from the south or are you local?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Well done Alanbelfast, enjoy the euphoria!!!!
    Best of luck for Hotel Garnerville:D

now that is quick, ha did mine back in feb.

right back to trying to find a car, gonna need it now
    ;)
    Well done Alanbelfast, enjoy the euphoria!!!!
    Best of luck for Hotel Garnerville:D

Thank you MGH

It has been such a relief. The road was long but there was light at the end of the tunnel ! Got to pester my cousin now to see if he will take on my business. Would like to have it still going and in his hands instead of shutting it completely.
    Only a couple of months until you are doing the ac !
    Maybe by the end of the year you will be getting that phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations Alan. I had a feeling you'd pass the medical ok. I'm surprised by how quickly the've confirmed your appointment though. They really weren't hanging around. A nice surprise I'm sure.
    You must be so chuffed/relieved/shocked/extatic....... a whole list of emotions. I'm really jealous. I'm only at the A/C stage, so I've still got a long way to go. I'll be taking a leaf outta your book though with the whole perserverance thing. I'm here untill they relent and let me in!!!!

Lol

Why did my last pm quote Jonesvilles message? Is the thread playing up a lil today? I can't thank anyone.

No just your typing I think Alan :p you're like an over excited puppy; and rightly so :D I really am chuffed for you, knowing this was your last attempt and all. It all paid off in the end. Speak soon mate.

carlty888 wrote: »
    Congratulations Alan. I had a feeling you'd pass the medical ok. I'm surprised by how quickly the've confirmed your appointment though. They really weren't hanging around. A nice surprise I'm sure.
    You must be so chuffed/relieved/shocked/extatic....... a whole list of emotions. I'm really jealous. I'm only at the A/C stage, so I've still got a long way to go. I'll be taking a leaf outta your book though with the whole perserverance thing. I'm here untill they relent and let me in!!!!

Thanks Carlty

YIP every emotion under the sun I am experiencing right now, Feels so amazing. Yes keep on going at it, If it's your dream job then make it happen. Don't quit if all seems bad, learn from it and move on.
    have you done your ac yet or waiting on results?

Thanks JVB

Thanks Carlty

YIP every emotion under the sun I am experiencing right now, Feels so amazing. Yes keep on going at it, If it's your dream job then make it happen. Don't quit if all seems bad, learn from it and move on.
    have you done your ac yet or waiting on results?

I did the A/C yesterday morning. I came out thinking I had done crap, but when I think back about it, I'm fairly sure I covered what they were looking for in most of the stages.

I didn't have all the role plays wrapped up within the 5 minutes, but I don't think you lose marks for that. Just as long as you meet all the competencies that you're being marked on. Please correct me if I'm deluding myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

carlty888 wrote: »
    I didn't have all the role plays wrapped up within the 5 minutes, but I don't think you lose marks for that. Just as long as you meet all the competitances that you're being marked on. Please correct me if I'm deluding myself.

I've been wondering about that myself, what happens if you cant bring it to a solution in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Par827, JVB and Jonesville.

Congratualtions on getting "the call". I really hate the lot of ya right now! :D:D That's jealousy for ya.

Seriously though, well done on getting through. Anyone who successfully puts themselves through the mangle that is PSNI recuitment fully deserves the rewards. Just don't go forgetting about us on the boards.

Enjoy training!

Advertisement