Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redbrick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

robby^5 wrote: »
    i've Attached The Logs From #rbcommittee, I Feel That There Is Some Material In There That Many Of The Members Might Be Interested In, And Given There Seems To Be No Issue With Revealing Private Information From Emails There Should Be No Problem With Me Doing This...
    Winrar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

@receive & Lil_Cain you have both acted in a very unprofessional and disgraceful manner from reading those logs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Sh1t + Fan = ...

I'm outraged from reading this log on so many levels;

money used for the soc seems to be used on picnics and outings for the cmt

earlier in the log you can see one particular person wanting to 'lynch' robby

confronting him in fibbers while drunk?! wtf! I was there last thursday, I saw robby. Didnt say a word to him but wow, if id have known this crap was going on... wow just wow

I'm ashamed to be associated with any of you fúckwits.

Robby you did the right thing. Leave them be in their own lil world. I feel like reporting this to the Society dude, just incredible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think the mail was sent well after the hack.

Either way, a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

pvt.joker wrote: »
    @receive & Lil_Cain you have both acted in a very unprofessional and disgraceful manner from reading those logs.

Thoroughly agree. Abysmal. Pair of bullies.

wilburt wrote: »

I'm Ashamed To Be Associated With Any Of You Fúckwits.

+1

@Receive :

When you state that you're 99% sure he was lying about the email he received, can you give solid concrete evidence of this, other than the conjecture and bullshít you spouted in the logs I've just read?

/cancels graduate membership.

Clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I've attached the logs from #rbcommittee, I feel that there is some material in there that many of the members might be interested in, and given there seems to be no issue with revealing private information from emails there should be no problem with me doing this...

I would strongly recommend that log being removed as there is alot of information that is private in there, beyond what is relevant atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend that log being removed as there is alot of information that is private in there, beyond what is relevant atm

Well I'll leave that up to the mods, but if the cmte feel the need to cite events from these logs then I feel the need to show the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Merchelo_

Well I'll leave that up to the mods, but if the cmte feel the need to cite events from these logs then I feel the need to show the source.

I'd like them to stay up, through the logs you can see what sort of people the committee really are, some can be two faced, while others show thier true colors no matter where they are.
    I for one have saved the log.txt and hosted it on my own server.
    If someone wants it, pm me.

p.s. I'll be considering my membership come september.

[I edited the logs to remove shíte]

I've attached the logs from #rbcommittee, I feel that there is some material in there that many of the members might be interested in, and given there seems to be no issue with revealing private information from emails there should be no problem with me doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

So I think that displays the type of attitude I was confronted with, they complain about me not being a leader and yet when I try to offer advice I'm rewarded with sarcasm. They didn't want or respect me as a leader, they then complain I wasn't leading them...

I agree that it was wrong for an admin to have a go at you. I was just wondering how come you didn't implement the strategy you spoke of during the AGM? You said if a conflict was to occur within the committee that you would ensure that they sat down and sorted it out, or at least tell them to keep it away from the meeting room.

Also you mention and show posts of how you tried to help and lead after the hax, that was a long while after the hax, and tbh I don't see why receive wouldn't be snappy, they had spent over a week in a cold freaking room, went there after work till all hours, yet they had no chair there to encourage them let alone organize getting information out to the members. Yes your not an admin you can't help with the servers, but being there for support alone or to take some of the hassle would have meant a lot.. Chair of redbrick is not just about sitting in a meeting and reading of the agenda, you're there for everything. If someone is not pulling their weight its obviously going to cause hassle.

Its a pity you didn't try to work it out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

He shouldn't have to. This isn't a case of a clash of personalities (which is what Robby referred to at the AGM). This is the admins ganging up on him while he's out and demanding his resignation.

Nothing more than playground bully-boy tactics.

Angelkat7 wrote: »
    I agree that it was wrong for an admin to have a go at you. I was just wondering how come you didn't implement the strategy you spoke of during the AGM? You said if a conflict was to occur within the committee that you would ensure that they sat down and sorted it out, or at least tell them to keep it away from the meeting room.

You obviously don't fully remember that AGM because I have no idea what "startegy" you are talking about. I was asked how I would deal with such a situation, I gave an answer outlining how I'd like to deal with such a situation. Obviously Its a little different when its 3 versus 1, you've only chaired 1 meeting and you're being confronted outside of college on a night out with your mates. Redbrick is a college society, the second you take redbrick matters out into the real world in the manner they did, you cross a line.
    Also you mention and show posts of how you tried to help and lead after the hax, that was a long while after the hax, and tbh I don't see why receive wouldn't be snappy, they had spent over a week in a cold freaking room, went there after work till all hours, yet they had no chair there to encourage them let alone organize getting information out to the members. Yes your not an admin you can't help with the servers, but being there for support alone or to take some of the hassle would have meant a lot.. Chair of redbrick is not just about sitting in a meeting and reading of the agenda, you're there for everything. If someone is not pulling their weight its obviously going to cause hassle.

Yes for the last time we understand they worked hard to rebuild the servers, that's not up for debate if you had even read one post of this thread you'd have seen it mentioned a few times already.

I instructed Damo to send out a mail letting people know redbrick was down, which he did. I am not an admin so what information could I possibly give people other than letting them know that redbrick was down? I was working 5 days a week and had an exam to study for so forgive me for not going down in the dead of night with some warm soup for the poor admins, I should have hugged them more often...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

lil_cain wrote: »
    We gave out pretty much everything we could about the break in, there was quite a long thread about it on boards (redbrick boards, not boards.ie). As for us being unable to do our jobs, I'd think I'm quite capable of being an admin. Running a committee, the admin team is an awful lot less good at. We're supposed to have a chair, to organise meetings and things for that. During the entire break in/everything else, I believe robby sent one email to the committee. He certainly didn't provide any type of leadership, or anything of that like. And yes, I did a terrible job of dealing with robby, and it's something I've apologised to him for, and I have no problem apologising to anyone else, or offering my resignation come the EGM.

On a further point, No one in the committe, bar myself, was in anyway out of line here. So lay off them. Attacking a group who for the most part are new on the committee, and whos involvement in this was decidedly limited, is only going to hurt Redbrick.

Honestly, and this is not intended as a personal attack, but based on you actions over the last two years and your attitude now, I can say without doubt that you are one of the people who should resign. You intentions might be good (and that might be obvious to some) but your actions and inactions speak volumes and you greatly damage Redbrick, its future and the membership for every other person who resigns or (in future) doesnt run because someone like you is running the place.

Step back from your ego and realise you're doing more harm than good.
    So much drama.

I sure am glad I didn't run for re-election.

This is the likely out come for anyone who has anything in anyway to do with Redbrick. It is a crying shame.

For the entire current committee*: based on this thread alone, I would reconsider your positions as the people who are trusted to run Redbrick. Whether you were the bully who wrongly and admittedly ganged up on a new member of the committe, or whether you stood by and watched what happened and allowed someone such as Robby to walk away from committee you need to recognise that you are doing more damage than good to the society, and if you truly respected Redbrick, and its members, it'd be you guys doing the resigning.

*except maybe the newest newbs who know no better, but even then...

We need to take this out of a here and now mentality and realise that the whole of the future of Redbrick is in jeopardy. Personally, I am for getting someone (Ideally past members associates with experience) but realistically can help re-guide Redbrick to maybe even a shadow of its former glory... SPC are likely the people to do this come September.

Now if we can get a semi-decent cmte together, to stay together and not to collapse, there might be a chance, that after a decade of hard work Redbrick will stay alive.

I read this without fully reading the logs. I think Robby should have known better than to delete the email*. However, I do not think he warranted some of the following responses. (for those too lazy to read the whole thing)
    12:44 lil_cain No. You should pay some ****ing attention, and stop acting like a brain dead idiotic spa hole.
    18:53 @ lil_cain someone should point out that robby can't resign immediatly :-P

18:53 @ receive al and bob and whoever are going down

18:54 @ lil_cain johan: That's waht I said

18:54 @ receive lil_cain: why, do you want him to stay longer :p

Looks like he didnt have a chance against this sort of attitude.

*also, our current admins, who were so quick to give Robby have done far worse than what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Jesjes wrote: »
    We need to take this out of a here and now mentality and realise that the whole of the future of Redbrick is in jeopardy. Personally, I am for getting someone (Ideally past members associates with experience) but realistically can help re-guide Redbrick to maybe even a shadow of its former glory... SPC are likely the people to do this come September.

Now if we can get a semi-decent cmte together, to stay together and not to collapse, there might be a chance, that after a decade of hard work Redbrick will stay alive.

i think first and foremost, this discussion should stop here and be taken back to the rb boards..where it belongs.. washing your dirty linen in public will not look good on anyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Well for those of us who have problems getting the slrn boards to work properly (i.e. casual "I just use RB for heys and the occasional chat" types) the boards.ie thread is handy.

I say leave it up here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd be inclined to agree, and have said it previously in other threads in the past. However, some might feel the rb.boards might be a bit suffocating. And lets face it, a lot of damage is done. All the same...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I agree, this needs recognition, and so be it if it takes us bringing it out in public to finally get it some attention. Already this has gotten more sensible attention than the redbrick boards have previously, and I'm a huge advocate of the boards.

I'm planning a proper reply, mainly to Angelkats frustration inducing nonense, but having swam for the first time in months I am ****ed. Laters.

I am a graduate member and dont have access to putty/slrn boards.
    This is the only place I can follow whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

FAO: pvt.joker & af666x

https://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~forums/

now what's your excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

We're perfectly entitled to discuss this here. Transparency is something that was clearly lacking for the past month or so and if this forces the committee to discuss the issues with the membership then so be it. Keeping this "in house" is not going to deal with the problems that are facing the society.

I chose to raise my concerns here because it's an independent forum and as a redbrick member I'm perfectly entitled to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tnkrbell

decob wrote: »
    i think first and foremost, this discussion should stop here and be taken back to the rb boards..where it belongs.. washing your dirty linen in public will not look good on anyone involved.

decob why should it be moved to RB boards.I think it should stay here so that future members of the society can read it and see what type of people are running RB.

Posted by Attol I think that bringing up the work the admins did during that is perfectly relevant because everyone seems to have forgotten about it

Attol no one is forgetting the work that the admins did

I think I'm going to go with everyone else who is considering their membership next year.It's sad to see that a society that was the biggest in DCU is possibly going to loose members cause of some drunken night

Wasn't just due to one drunken night, that drunken night seems to be the culmination of a few years of sh!t that has gone on.
    I've already decided to wash my hands of red brick, i logged in earlier. Nothing has changed. Lil Cain has offered his resignation to the other admins, lol! So gracious of him.

Anyone who knows me through red brick knows how to find me.

This is, as Wilburt said, a result of culmination of events and failings, not one particular event or one particular person. The committee and the membership should have that clear in their mind.

Personally, I will never leave Redbrick (as long as the service is available). I certainly wouldnt leave over one bad year of committee. There are 10 years of work being brought together just to create this society, we as members should be wiser than to walk away from the enjoyment we've had over the years as a result of recent events.

However, the question is, if the current committee and trends continue, just how long will Redbrick's services be available? *THIS* is what we need to concern ourselves with, not allocating blame, or b*tch fighting, or offering apologies or resigning in an attempt to seem valiant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lil_cain

Wilburt wrote: »
    Wasn't just due to one drunken night, that drunken night seems to be the culmination of a few years of sh!t that has gone on.
    I've already decided to wash my hands of red brick, i logged in earlier. Nothing has changed. Lil Cain has offered his resignation to the other admins, lol! So gracious of him.

Anyone who knows me through red brick knows how to find me.

The commitee. Not the admins.

• I am a first year and havent been on redbrick since i left dub but after reading through the posts in here, I find it a great shock that the same people who say that the admins are destroying redbrick are the same people that shoot down other members, give it a bad name and basically "scare" off first years. My friend asked one day about other software for her ipod instead of itunes and she was shot down and told to "**** off"...That same person is here on this board complaining that the admins, the people who do their best to welcome first years, are the ones destroying the society!!! CRAZY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Sort of hard to comment on this, since I'm not a member of rb - I've only wasted away in the socs room, hurling (kind hearted) abuse at Cian from time to time.

In any case, yeah - the situation was dealt with horrendously, and serious work/cmte-related issues definitely shouldn't be dealt with over drinks - especially in the manner that it happened in.

Cian's a nice guy (when he wants to be), and probably had a bit too much to drink that night. He, along with the rest of the admins, are desperate to find any info on whomever rooted RB's servers, and had a severe overreaction when he heard robby deleted the mail.

Lads, as an honest opinion - go and talk about it, rather than banter back and forth over boards/irc. And seriously, forget about the root issue - it's a running joke at this point. All you can really do is learn from it. And if you had such a reaction over someone over 10minutemail pointing out that the root needs to be changed, you can safely say that no-one is going to step forward and give you any info without total anonymity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement