Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History LC

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else find that the time structure for history is unfair....2.50hrs seems a bit small to do 3 essays and the document..it shud be more like 3.20hrs..Anyone else agree?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Yep agree very much

And not been able to predict really what is going to come up is a whore

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, I agree. It's tight timing alright. Especially if you are trying to think of what's coming next, and that is hard without planning. But you can't plan coz there is NO FRICKING TIME! UGh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

Yeah definitely think history should have more time - like english paper 2 you have three sections which you can pretty much prepare easily with quite accurate predictions and you can blag your way through a lot of it.
    With history you have to generally write everything down in chronological order which is hard enough especially when the course is so huge!

It'd be lovely if they decided to change the timing now before wednesday just because of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Ck1989 wrote: »

It'd be lovely if they decided to change the timing now before wednesday just because of this...

Oooo I am loving that idea ^^^

Lets get something going :pac: desperate times call for desperate measures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Yea we should have more time. It would be great if you could plan, but you'd dont even have time to think! Extra time would be better than shortening the course, or lowering the standard of the essay's, cos then we wouldnt learn as much.

Anyone got Batt O' Keefes number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Daveref

we all get dat time it makes no diff dey brought english time up now dey want it cut back somehow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Im always frustrated by the fact that the exam is more a writing sprint-race instead of a pure test of knowledge. My writing is naturally small and it never fills the pages, so I get self-conscious and write way too much in each exam.

I wish there was a way they could actually test students on what they know without pushing us to write so much in such a little time. But the thing is, If they gave us 4 hours for 4 essays or something like that for a subject like history, the A-rate would sky-rocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Daveref

wud never happen how wud a's rocket
    if ya kno wha ur writin it wil be done on time
    de need to shorten the course or sumthin
    i wud love 2 dictator essays nd jus one on irish history ha

Advertisement