Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$5000 Mixed Holdem WSOP

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Final Table Players:
    David Rheem – 920,000
    David Williams – 678,000
    Justin Bonomo – 517,000
    Roland de Wolfe – 194,000
    Isaac Haxton -115,000
    Erick Lindgren – 345,000
    Andrew Robl – 162,000
    Howard Lederer - 324.000
    Pat Pezzin – 108,000

This is a seriously sick Final table, Ill take ZeeJustin against any of the others if anyone wants an interest PM me, Ill give odds about the players below, and obv take odds about the players ahead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Richie give a list of the odds on all players and I might throw a token amount on. Particularly looking at David Williams, De Wolfe and Lindgren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

shoutman wrote: »
    Richie give a list of the odds on all players and I might throw a token amount on. Particularly looking at David Williams, De Wolfe and Lindgren.

Ya well im not looking at outright prices just a match bet vs ZeeJustin,

but Williams 4/5
    DeWolfe 2/1
    Lindgren 5/4

Something like that

So last longer between the players or all bets are off if one of them doesn't win?

So last longer between the players or all bets are off if one of them doesn't win?

Last Longer, makes it more fun. Im not Looking for huge action, just some interest

Whatever you want up to $50 on david williams for me. Can sort it out through Full Tilt if thats good for you.

• Advertisement

Whatever you want up to $50 on david williams for me. Can sort it out through Full Tilt if thats good for you.

$50 to win $40 on Williams, you got it.

Ive got a full tilt account but never funded it, not sure if the transfer will work, if not mdwexford will sort it out on FT and ill fix him up on stars so no prob.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

lol some end to event #2:-
    Grant Hinkle Wins Event #2 - $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em ($831,462); James Akenhead Eliminated in 2nd Place ($520,219)

Hand #160 -
    Grant Hinkle has the button in Seat 10. He raises to 350,000. Akenhead tries to pop it up again, this time by raising to 1.2 million. Hinkle moves all in and Akenhead quickly calls. Here it is! The moment we've been waiting for over the last two hours.
    Akenhead is the one who is all in. The hands are opened:

Hinkle: Td4d
    Akenhead: AcKh

Wow, a stone bluff from Hinkle and now he's in very rough shape. The shouting has begun from the gallery, who have all suddenly found that last reserve of energy to remain on their feet. Side bets are being made on what the flop will contain. Here it comes...

Th 4h Ts

Pandemonium in the Milwaukee's Best Light All-In Lounge! Akenhead is dead to running cards. The crowd is absolutely floored. Akenhead cannot believe his misfortune. He knows he's on thin ice. And just to add insult to injury...

Tc

Hinkle makes quad tens. Akenhead is drawing dead. The meaningless river completes the hand. Akenhead is eliminated in second place and collects $520,219. Grant Hinkle is the winner of Event #2. He earns $831,462 and a coveted gold bracelet for his triumph. The winning hand was the all-powerful Td 4d.

I think these guys must be dead on there feet. An absolute grind.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I love this line from the above:

Pandemonium in the Milwaukee's Best Light All-In Lounge!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

5starpool wrote: »
    I love this line from the above:

Pandemonium in the Milwaukee's Best Light All-In Lounge!

I've been reading Dr. Pauly's blog (excellent read as ever) and the skimpy outfits are gone apparently as is Tilted Kilt. Also the afternoon shift at Rhino gets the thumbs down.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I must catch up on his blog, haven't read it in a ehile. It'll get me in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

Final Table Players:
    David Rheem – 920,000
    David Williams – 678,000
    Justin Bonomo – 517,000
    Roland de Wolfe – 194,000
    Isaac Haxton -115,000
    Erick Lindgren – 345,000
    Andrew Robl – 162,000
    Howard Lederer - 324.000
    Pat Pezzin – 108,000

This is a seriously sick Final table, Ill take ZeeJustin against any of the others if anyone wants an interest PM me, Ill give odds about the players below, and obv take odds about the players ahead

yea it is pretty sick..i dont think it's one of the events being filmed though.. Erick Lindgren will do everything in his power to win this bracelet..if Roland wins then he'll be the second person to get the 'triple crown' of poker.. EPT WPT WSOP titles.. Gavin Griffin being the first

is it just me or is Roland De Wolfe extremely overrated?? maybe people who have played with him can add to this but i've watched every televised poker show he has been on and heard interviews with him and other people about him.. and a lot of people(including padraig p) say he has just being gettin very lucky.. obviously results speak for themselves but in any of the shows i've watched him he seems to lack basics.. in the irish open he should've been knocked out a few time and he makes some terrible calls.. at one stage he was in a hand with Mizzi and the cards were on their backs and he asks Mizzi 'who's ahead?'.. i cant remember who was ahead but the answer was obvious and Sorel kind of looked at him in shock.. he recently played on a Poker After Dark episode and he played such a weak tight game.. just constantly folding everything.. like he was afraid of going up against Patrik Antonius or Gus Hansen.. people raisin from the button and him folding hands that should be re-raised etc

saying that though he must be doing something right.. or else he's on a sick run that might end

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

De Wolfe is good at running over bad players who don't know how to respond. I don't think he is going to cope well with this table unless he runs well although if it tightens up big time then it could play into his hands but with the players there that seems unlikely.

Hopefully Haxton can get an early double up what price on him v Bonomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

pokernews.com does updates.

pokernews.com for updates WSOP site takes it off them I think. First live table is Friday at 11pm just in case people haven't been on the WSOP site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Live updates on pokernews.com

De Wolfe is on the sickest run anyone has been on ever.He's overachieved and gets lucky so often that it makes the game look easy.

If he doesn't go to pokernews now I guess he never will!!!

Updates are on pokernews.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/

that way you go to the main update page and see the last update for each event. We should make this a sticky so no one ever misses this ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Final Table Players:
    Isaac Haxton -115,000
    If he can double up early, I'd love to see him win it. Class player IMO.

Ste05 wrote: »
    If he can double up early, I'd love to see him win it. Class player IMO.

FT starts on level 5k/10k which I think means BB for NL will be 5k so he has enough to wait for an opportunity. Hopefully they are starting in NL and LH that way a double up will be huge.

Bored so here is my prediction:

Pretty sick that Pat Pezzin has probably never been heard of and has 7/8 WSOP cashes. I was just writting a "prediction" but gave up after 8th and 9th it just looks impossible! Strong showing from the Online crowd which is good I thought the limit side might catch a lot out.

im off out, anyone else interested in last longest b4 i go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i'm **** at doing anything like transfering online..i always fail at it.. so if i did bet with you and lose i'd be posting you euros lol

im off out, anyone else interested in last longest b4 i go

What price on Haxton v ZJ or Robl v ZJ?

jimmii wrote: »
    What price on Haxton v ZJ or Robl v ZJ?

3s

ill take a bit of outright betting aswell if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

5starpool wrote: »
    I must catch up on his blog, haven't read it in a ehile. It'll get me in the mood.

I affilliate can't affilliate remember affilliate why affilliate I affilliate stopped affilliate reading affilliate it affilliate

3/1 on either to finish ahead of him?

What are we looking at for outright price?

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    3/1 on either to finish ahead of him?

What are we looking at for outright price?

5/1, reason being if they finish ahead of him there very likely to be in with a big shot

Advertisement