Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeping Toms - Sligo Town

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,961 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Madge wrote: »
    Sueme,

That's really tough first your kids in the cinema and now your mum... :mad:

It's a pity the general area where this alleged incident is happening can't be named. I don't see how it is against the rules or what danger it could bring to boards, considering there was a whole thread discussing a pervert in Sligo's cinema and how the staff there did nothing?
    (That thread was not edited or locked either.)
    Thank you Madge.

if you have issues with the moderating of this forum then take it up by PM with either basquille or myself or start a thread in feedback if you wish but please stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

How awful Sueme, I hope you manage to get things sorted out.
    If I was your mum I'd put blankets of curtains up as a temporary measure.
    Some people are just sick.

smashey wrote: »
    Courtesy of Basquille...

careful_now.jpg
    Courtesy of BGRH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Courtesy of BGRH
    I know you dont want advice but it would be very therapeutic for your mum and any woman who has been experienced different levels of harassment to watch Smasheys stomach nudge yer man down the garda station to give a police statement and formal apology to your mum. God knows she deserves it.
    Thats something to take a photo of and give it to him to frame. :D
    Smashey, Do you rent said stomach out after its regular pub duties of a weekend? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

tuppence wrote: »
    Smashey, Do you rent said stomach out after its regular pub duties of a weekend? :p
    Belly for hire?

Me likes. :D

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Belly for hire?

Me likes. :D
    Some day you'll thank me for this :rolleyes:

Eat you heart out Bernard Manning ;)

muffler wrote: »
    Some day you'll thank me for this :rolleyes:

Eat you heart out Bernard Manning ;)

Muffler get back on topic or else :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Your all* lovely, thanks for the help/advice/concern.

But some of you are nutters. You know who you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

sueme wrote: »
    Your all* lovely, thanks for the help/advice/concern.

But some of you are nutters. You know who you are.

Hey, i dont know them.*

But I'll regonise Smasheys stomach in the future in a line up. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sue:
    Is it true you can't name names becasue the man in question is a mod of this very forum?

<_<

>_>

:D

• Advertisement

Move along, nothing here to see.;)

And thats not fair on basquille

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

tuppence wrote: »
    Hey, i dont know them.*

But I'll regonise Smasheys stomach in the future in a line up. :eek:

My eyes! :D

Muffler we all know what you've been up to now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

This forum is gone to the dogs!!!

*I like it!

Gillie wrote: »
    This forum is gone to the dogs!!!

*I like it!

Its GILLIE!! Another score for Boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lads and gals..

Can we please keep this on topic!

The perv has upped his game guys. Just to warn people (women) this guy is around town, and appears to be fearless of the Guards. I wouldn't walk alone in town at night at the moment, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

TBH you shouldn't walk around town alone, period. There is alot of stuff going on and going unreported (either to the Gardai or by the media) and I always hate seeing anyone, but especially women wandering around after dark.
    I suggest you ask for a sergeant if you get no action from the guards. The quicker the better (not trying to scare you, but it needs to be stopped immediately).

il gatto wrote: »
    TBH you shouldn't walk around town alone, period. There is alot of stuff going on and going unreported (either to the Gardai or by the media) and I always hate seeing anyone, but especially women wandering around after dark.
    I suggest you ask for a sergeant if you get no action from the guards. The quicker the better (not trying to scare you, but it needs to be stopped immediately).

Thanks il gatto. No problem with the Guards, they are being very helpful, and apparentley they are all aware of the problem, but because he is in his own home it makes it more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The perv has upped his game guys. Just to warn people (women) this guy is around town,

What exactly do you mean by this? It's not unusual for people to be in town at night time? Have you seen him up to anything? (Not trying to be smart here)

What exactly do you mean by this? It's not unusual for people to be in town at night time? Have you seen him up to anything? (Not trying to be smart here)

Yes. Only in his own apartment window though, but I'm sure he leaves it at some time. Just want to warn girls/grannies to be on their guard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yes. Only in his own apartment window though, but I'm sure he leaves it at some time. Just want to warn girls/grannies to be on their guard.

I'll tell the missus. Cheers.

Have the gaurds been able to do anything at all Sue? Is he still watching your mam from his window?

takola wrote: »
    Have the gaurds been able to do anything at all Sue? Is he still watching your mam from his window?

She's had to call the Guards up everynight. Its got much worse. I'm hoping she will stay in my house for awhile.

Hopefully she will do! I hope you're both doing ok. Guards will hopefully come up with something they can do!

takola wrote: »
    Hopefully she will do! I hope you're both doing ok. Guards will hopefully come up with something they can do!

Thanks Takola, Mums grand thanks - she's tougher than I'll ever be!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Wow. Any headway on finding out who the landlord is and lodge a complaint with him/her?

So sorry for your mum, that's terrible. The guy must have some serious mental problems, tbh. (Not that that in any way excuses his behaviour)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oh Sueme, I hope your mum is okay. Did she get her blinds today? Have the guards made any progress with stopping this guy? I hope everything works out for your mum, it's a terrible situation to be in.

Many thanks all.

A few more residents have made complaints about him. I have to be very careful what I say, but the matter isn't resolved by any means.

Mum was told during the week that the blinds would be delayed untill next Tuesday, but after being told of the situation, the lads worked overtime today to get them in. Thanks to Trevor in Nairn Blinds!

The problem is still there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

The guys doing nothing illegal and innsinuating kids or people on streets of sligo are at risk is scare mongering. I know it ain't nice but the man is just a "Peeping Tom" /voyeur and unlikely a danger to anyone. He could be looking at other apartment windows and your mother thinks she's the target of his viewing. Once a person is not on your property whilke looking through your windows, little or no illegality is occuring. Put up blinds and curtains and ignore him.
    Next people will want google earth shut down for showing them sunbathing topless in their back garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm pretty sure looking into a stranger's house with binoculars is illegal.

If it's not, it should be.

And the phrase "little or no illegality"! It's either illegal or it's not. The law isn't really one for grey areas.

Avast, ye troll anyway.

Advertisement