Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbeyleix bypass

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Is there any plan in place to bypass Abbeyleix? It badly needs one in my opinion. The traffic can be a nightmare sometimes.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Abbeyleix bypass is already in progress. It will be part of the M7 motorway. It will continue beyond mountrath and then split into the M8 and rejoin the old N8 beyond Cullohill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The Abbeyleix inner relief road plans are subject to local objections. There are plans to route it roughly along the line of the disused railway.

However - read this for the time being: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287225

• Subscribers Posts: 41,091 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

as far as 'local' objections go.... the relief road are written into the county deveopment plan, so any objection will not be able to restrict the provision of the road, more to do with the location and positioning of it....

plus, this road will probably be the subject of a 'part 8' planning application, where the council apply themselvas and have a 'special' application process....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Seamus357 wrote: »
    Is there any plan in place to bypass Abbeyleix? It badly needs one in my opinion. The traffic can be a nightmare sometimes.

Understatement of the decade I think Seamas :D

Advertisement