Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deer syndicates

Options
  • 19-04-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

any deer shooting syndicates looking for extra rifle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I'm looking for the same myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

Maybe the best thing to do is get enough guns to start your own syndicate.

Deer hunting is something I would love to get into, but have very not done much shooting with center fire rifles, so will be a while before I look into it a bit more myself.

Maybe the best thing to do is get enough guns to start your own syndicate.

I'd be willing to to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

what do you have to do/own/shoot to get in on a syndicate E fudd???

I'm presuming that it's like any game club....... members seek permission to shoot on land, form a syndicate/club, a constitution etc.
    Then theres the other way of leasing coillte sporting rights for exorborant amounts and each member of the syndicate paying his share.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I'd be up for it too

Would we be able to poll together enough land?

what would be the minimum calibre of rifle to get in on one??

I'd say that all depends upon the syndicate. I can't see you being turned away if you have a .243 though. Then again, it could be once you have a deer legal calibre, ie the minimum being 22/250.

E. Fudd wrote: »
    I'd say that all depends upon the syndicate. I can't see you being turned away if you have a .243 though. Then again, it could be once you have a deer legal calibre, ie the minimum being 22/250.

cool thanks fudd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

Fairly sure if you go the Coillte route guys that the 'main stalker' or ' Named Stalker' will have to have passed the HCAP, least this is what the 'main stalker' in our group told me. By 2010 or something like that, everyone has to have the HCAP. Im open to correction though...

Advertisement