Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name good things and bad things about Ireland

Options
  • 07-04-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Someone asked this at another forum and i couldn't really think of anything that good to say, so gimme some help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

great weed/hash at pretty reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Mordeth wrote: »

oh yeah forgot about that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good: Sarcasm, Roll Eyes Smily, Green Fields
    Bad: Cynicsm, Green Smiley, Brown Cow Pooy Fields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good things - Culture, following of music, rich history.. Great sights to see, not too hot (although rains a bit too much).

Bad things - Expensive to live here, housing costs, food, drink, Stupid things like VRT... Awful health system and roadworks. Weather is about as predictable as an ostrich on steroids.

Still in saying that, I like Ireland. Just a bit costly. But if you're rich and healthy, the craic is ninety.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

People, scenery, culture, decent Guinness, relatively safe, little or no chance of being killed in a natural disaster.

No doubt the usual suspects will be on saying how much better things are in Belgium or wherever but that's my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Good idea : going for walk along the galway coast

bad idea : going for a walk along jobstown in Tallaght

Collie D wrote: »
    People, scenery, culture, decent Guinness, relatively safe, little or no chance of being killed in a natural disaster.

True!

Most dangerous thing in Africa = Angry Hippo.
    Most dangerous thing in Ireland = Angry bumble bee.

We're relatively safe, provided you're not a gang member in Limerick.

weedhead wrote: »
    Good idea : going for walk along the galway coast
    Wasn't such a good idea for Manuelo Riedo.:( May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Good Things: Our sense of pride, our down to earth attitude, our dark humour, Father Ted, The fact we turned ourselves from a third world country into a rich country and our ability to absorbs huge quantities of alochol

Bad Things: Justice and Health System, Very limited on what you can buy, expensive and Knackers

dlofnep wrote: »
    True!

Most dangerous thing in Africa = Angry Hippo.
    Most dangerous thing in Ireland = Angry bumble bee.
    Aids/HIV has killed over 20 million people in Africa. Those Hippos must be super angry to be more dangerous than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Minimum wage is pretty high.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Very limited on what you can buy
    :confused: Like what? In these days of internet shopping and humongous shopping centres Pighead can't think of many items that are very limited. Do you live in Longford?

Minimum wage is pretty high.

Thats what people say, but its all the same considering the prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Good; Cant think of any.
    Bad, Well for a start the wimmin are ugly. There, I said it.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Good Things: Our sense of pride, our down to earth attitude, our dark humour, Father Ted, The fact we turned ourselves from a third world country into a rich country and our ability to absorbs huge quantities of alochol

Bad Things: Justice and Health System, Very limited on what you can buy, expensive and Knackers

yes we all became a little richer but that has nothing to do with the actual country, everything is a total mess

caoibhin wrote: »
    Good; Cant think of any..

Try to get out of Navan more

All of them? :rolleyes:

Good; Cant think of any.
    caoibhin me old son, tut tut tut. All this hostility towards the good ladies of our land is a bit much. Come on, fair enough you've been rejected a few times recently and this rejection has manifested itself into an inner hatred for all non willied humans but lets look at the positives here.

For you to have reached this point means that your papa made love to a woman,his papa made love to a woman, his papa made love to a woman multiplied by lots and lots of generations. For you not to make love to a woman whilst possible is very very very unlikely. You will find a woman caoibhin and even though she may look like a hound to the outside world she will in your eyes be beautiful. Trust Pighead on this one buddy.

Pighead wrote: »
    Aids/HIV has killed over 20 million people in Africa. Those Hippos must be super angry to be more dangerous than that.

All myth. Hippo is the most dangerous and extremely angry. I saw one snap a crocodile in half once.

All myth. Hippo is the most dangerous and extremely angry. I saw one snap a crocodile in half once.
    Hmmmm Pigheads gonna have to be honest here and express his doubts regarding your hippo theory.

dlofneps idea of Africas biggest Killer:
    http://www.elements.nb.ca/kids/hippo/hippoc.gif

Pigheads idea of Africas biggest Killer:
    http://studycircle.angeltowns.com/images/aids_africa.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon that Hippos even cuter! Look at its big goofy smile. Admit it dlofnep you were wrong.

Good things about Ireland: people from Louth generally being right about everything.

Bad things about Ireland
    : People from Waterford unable to admit when they are wrong

Ok, he looks friendly.. But the crocodile thought so too, until Hippo used his back as a kit kat. Never judge a book by it's cover.

Check out this Hippo's warface: http://www.olsvik.info/Images4/Hippo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,006 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're joking right? ****ing ripoff prices. And the quality is at time morally questionable. Thats most of why I dont smoke actually.

For a 50 bag here I could get the same thing stateside for 7 euro.

Overheal wrote: »
    You're joking right? ****ing ripoff prices. And the quality is at time morally questionable. Thats most of why I dont smoke actually.
    Of course he's joking ya big eejit! Its Mordeth, its what he does. You should change your username to OvereagertobelieveeverythingIread

Overheal wrote: »
    Thats most of why I dont smoke actually.

QUOTE]

That and the fact that it affects your grammar? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,006 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its called being optimistic and trusting! And forgetting to hit your S key.

New one: Big sarcastic Irish meanies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You are joking about this aren't you?

Ever been abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

I don't' agree. It's better/cheaper in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Good things: nitelink when pissed..sometimes better than the night out itself
    Bad things: nitelink when sober...never again..it was like One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest II :eek:

Really good things: the craic (that infamous word that cant really be explained); the fact we can drink more than a few vodkas and not be considered an alco (ever told an american you drank a bottle of wine on a wednesday night); sunday afternoons walking the dog on a random beach and you'll experinence every season in an entire hour..magic; sarcasm (v few other cultures get it..thats part of "the craic"! Ive been to hospital twice and everyone was fantastic so cant complain about the health system.

Really bad things: traffic; the M50 (bane of my life); dublin bus (still dont understand it after 28 years living in the county); drink prices; dublin 4-isms!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm from there so that's great :D

Advertisement