Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Members Mixes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

dermoto wrote: »
    thanks man ;)
    There's more music like that on our site www.republikmusic.net. We run a night every saturday in waterford, theres 8 of us in it, and every so often get international DJs to play. All underground house, although we have started a techno night too, simply cos theres so many people who are into it.
    And when i get married, my wedding is gonna be a mixture of deep and funky underground house!

Just had a quick glance at your site there, nice, is that Necksnapper lad a Techno dj from Waterford?

Think I may have played with him in TBMC a couple of years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

Zascar wrote: »
    Cheers Kev! Much appreciated!

I posted this earlier but it was moved so I'll post it here again.

Houseplay: A mix of House & Electro. Sorry i don't have a tracklist but here's some of the artists Booka Shade, Julien Jabre, Cirez D, Sebastian Ledger, Surkin, Calvin Harris, Robbie Riveria, Andrea Bertolini, Ferry Corsten, Martijn Ten Velden and more...

With this mix I kind of tried to mix it up a little and throw in some unsuspecting tunes here and there. Starts off very deep with Booka Shade, threw in "Julian Jabre - Swimmin Places" after that, an odd choice but a beautiful tune. After that it gets more dirty and chunky. Hope you like it.

Hey zascar, or anyone else, whats the second tune on houseplay mix?? Kickasssss tune man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just had a quick glance at your site there, nice, is that Necksnapper lad a Techno dj from Waterford?

yeah he's from Waterford and plays techno. actually i think there may be 2 people in Necksnapper, one of them goes by the dj name Travis Bickle i think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

cono121 wrote: »
    Hey zascar, or anyone else, whats the second tune on houseplay mix?? Kickasssss tune man

Julien Jabre - Swimming Places (Sebastian Ingrosso Re-Edit) - it's a stonker of a tune all right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,493 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fieldog wrote: »

There's 2 lads in Necksnapper Gareth and Mark. V good act, dont play all that much anymore. If you were playing with one of them it was probably Mark White aka Travis Bickle. From Dublin, but living down here in Waterford (Tramore) the past 10 years or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'm new to the whole virtual d.j thing so bare with me on this mix. I couldnt use headphones because of the whole soundcard thing but i pre cued the music and followed the bpm counter on the top as a guide. It's a real slapped together job but it's decent enough with only the first mix planned to give you an idea what i can do if i get the head down and think a mix through. Probably over did it at times but i'l let you guys decide.

I honestly havent a clue as to what genre you could class this mix because it has a variety between Trance, House and Tehno/Electronic all piled in to it. :D

Here's the link http://www.sendspace.com/file/r95cm4

Here's the track list

1) De Donatis - The Sound (psycho mix)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/56224

2) Moonchild - V.O.A.T
    http://www.discogs.com/release/41742

3) Who's who - Not so dirty
    http://www.discogs.com/release/605249

4) Armand Van Helden - Necessary evil
    http://www.discogs.com/release/58374

5) Antione Clamaran - Take off
    http://www.discogs.com/release/612498

6) Blubba boy v E-Traxx - 50000 watts (Chris Anderson Headphunk mix)
    http://www.discogs.com/release/264243

7) German Broadcasters - I Machine
    http://www.discogs.com/release/341591

28 mins approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

yeah he's from Waterford and plays techno. actually i think there may be 2 people in Necksnapper, one of them goes by the dj name Travis Bickle i think.

Aye it was Travis Bickle alright!

Cheers for clearing it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Hey people haven't posted here in a while. This is IMO one of my best mixes to date. If you like Dj's such as The Timewriter, Terry Lee Brown Junior, Ian Pooley, Lee Burridge, Swayzak, David Alvarado, Funk D'Void or the label Plastic City then you should like this. It's full of Deep grooves, Funky Beats and Movin Rhythms. I'd love to get some feedback on this so anyone that listens to whether you hate it or love it let me know.

http://rapidshare.com/files/78218844/Plastic_Utopia___.mp3

TRACKLIST

400 Years /// Bob Marley (Jimpster Remix) /// Plastic City

Night Fever /// Soda Inc (G Pal mix) /// Plastic City

Home /// Above & Beyond (Timewriter Mix) /// Ajunabeats

Underground is my Home /// Dennis Ferrer (Instrumen mix) /// King Street Sounds

Reverance /// The Timewriter /// Plastic City

I Take You out to Space 2007/// Mulder/// Plastic City

Nothing Is for Real /// John Dahlback (Askesian Society mix) /// Toolroom

Rezin /// Sultan & The Greeks /// Shinichi

Lovin /// Funk D'Void (Your Body Mix) /// Soma

Lovelee Home /// Blaze, Funk D'Void /// OM Records

Unspoken /// David Alvarado (Dub) /// Ovum

Feelin Alright /// Magik Johnson (Solid Groove Mix) /// NRK

Play My Soul /// The Timewriter /// Plastic City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

not bad dellboy. while the music isnt really my cup of tea - bit too 'housey' for me, apart from the nice first track - it was well mixed and worth a listen. fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Hi Folks,

This is my first recorded mix (only got the equipment at Christmas). Its approximately 58 minutes long (49mb). There are a few mistakes, but any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
    N.I.H

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=074QAJZU

Not Invented Here's - Mix 'N Pieces 1

Tracklisting.

Lightworks - Raymond Scott
    Must be the devil - Diplo
    Pound of Rock - Ruffy and Tuffy
    Oh Superman - M.A.N.D.Y
    My People - The Presets (Dim Remix)
    1967 Aww **** - Steve Aoki + Junkie Xl
    Girlz and Boyz - Brad Head
    Le Rock(live) - Vitalic
    Spastik - Plastikman
    Everything After - Deadmau5
    Complications - Deadmau5
    The Reward is cheese - Deadmau5
    Got that Vibe - Afrika Bambata

• Advertisement

not bad dellboy. while the music isnt really my cup of tea - bit too 'housey' for me, apart from the nice first track - it was well mixed and worth a listen. fair play

cheers tommylizard for the comments. ya that first track 400 Years is a class tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Here's a link to my latest promo mix along with a tracklisting. I've been handing out cds of it for a few months now with some feedback and it's also been
    doing the rounds online too so I thought I'd lash it up here and see what you guys think now that this thread is here and her to stay (hopefully) :)

The style of the mix is essentially housey and ranges from deep and techy right through to some seriously pumping jackin beats and serious basslines :D

Feedback and comments warmly appreciated, even if you hate the mix with a vengeance!

"I'm Satisfied" [Winter 2007 promo mix) - 80 minutes of jackin underground house music compiled and mixed by giles K

Download link (click on podcast to download once registered - only takes a sec!): http://www.mixupload.com/media-I39mSatisfied
    Megaupload direct link (if ya don't wanna bother registering for mixupload): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTWTRKDZ

01 - Scoper & Bubba - I'm Satisfied (Brett's World of Nonsense Mix) - [ Classic ]
    02 - Jay West - The Problem - [ Drop Music ]
    03 - Bini & Martini - Low Frequenzies (Angelo Battilani Mix) - [ Ocean Trax ]
    04 - John Tejada - Sweat (On The Walls) - [ Poker Flat ]
    05 - Nathan Fake - Undoing The Laces - [ Traum]
    06 - The System - Insane (Boosted Dub) - [ Ocean Trax]
    07 - MYNC Project & Dirty South - Everybody Freakin (Piemont Remix) - [ Cr2 Records ]
    08 - Brett Johnson & DJ Heather - Everythings Electric (Dub Mix) - [ dotbleep ]
    09 - Geoff K - Dancin at The Show (Sexual Chocolate Remix) - [ More]
    10 - Dublex Inc feat Alice Russel - Slack Society (Straight Out The Box Dub) - [ Sugarcane ]
    11 - Prztz - Nutdisco (Duckbeats Vocal Remake) - [ dotbleep]
    12 - Prztz - Nutdisco (Duckbeats So Yo Dub) - [ dotbleep]
    13 - Lee Mortimer - Mush (Duckbeats Marrowfat Remix) - [ Odori]
    14 - Style Of Eye - H-Bomb - [ Pickadoll]
    15 - Brothers Bud & THC - Feel Like Dancin' (Micky Slim's Extra Wrong Mix) - [ Finger Lickin ]
    16 - Hipp-E - Access Granted - [Agave]
    17 - Madox - Plastic Fantastic (Riva Starr Chunky As **** Remix) - [ Mantra ]
    18 - Dub Pistols - Open (Trevor Loveys Open All Hours Re-Jig) - [ Sunday Best Recordings]
    19 - The Futureheads - Worry About It Later (Switch Remix) - [ 679 Recordings ]
    20 - Pier Bucci - Horizont - [ Crosstown Rebels]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, nice sounds DellBoy, I didn't think I'd like house stuff but as it happens I like your mix a lot so cheers, not too frantic and comes with a nice clean beat..ideal for after party dancin'!

Here's a new techno mix i did:

Micky Linick - Techno Mix - 10 January 2008
    60 mins | 140bpm | 82MB | 192kbps

Download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/83195654/Micky_Linick_-_Techno_Mix_-_10.01.08.MP3.html
    or here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ms32s5

great stuff as usual Psychedelic, thanks for posting.

yep, nice sounds DellBoy, I didn't think I'd like house stuff but as it happens I like your mix a lot so cheers, not too frantic and comes with a nice clean beat..ideal for after party dancin'!

cheers man appreciate the comment. your dead right about it being not too frantic and after party dancing. good just to chill out to as well or if your hungover ;)

If you have any mix uploaded i'd be happy to listen to it.

If you have any mix uploaded i'd be happy to listen to it.

I don't have any mixes uploaded, to be honest I am a bit chicken sh*t to upload anything and also I am suffering from a bad dose of 'what type of tunes go with eachother' syndrome. I am very new to this and I have a lot of music of different types and I don't know which to mix with which. Also a lot of the music i have is old and i'm a bit out of the loop in terms of new tunes and what's doing the rounds at the moment.
    Practice practice and more practice is the only way to cure my woes I suppose.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I finally got some time to record a new mix this weekend, two acually. Here they are:

Dirty Water: A fairly eclectic selection of some of the more minimal and deep tunes I'm listening to a lot at the moment.

Tracklisting:

Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Carl Craig REmix)
    Dubfire - Emissions
    Gabriel Anada - Sweet Decay
    Jade - Spectre
    Audiojack - Robot
    Shlomi Aber - Freakside
    Marc Antona & Anthony Collins - Sharks
    Georgio Giordano - Nino's Dub
    Josh Wink - Swirl
    Shalomi Aber - Blonda (Funk DeVoid Mix)
    Kid Handsome - Jackinmaster
    Shalomi Aber - Crop Duster
    Gui Borotto - Mr Decay
    Nathan Fake - The Sky was Pink - (Martinez Master Mix)

Deadmice: A tribute to Deadmau5 - all tracks produced or remixed by Deadmau5.

Hope you like them

--
    I have downloaded many of the mixes posted here but I have not had a chance to listen to them yet, I deffo will try to this week and post some feedback.

I finally got some time to record a new mix this weekend, two acually. Here they are:

Heavy Water: A fairly eclectic selection of some of the more minimal and deep tunes I'm listening to a lot at the moment.

Hope you like them

--
    I have downloaded many of the mixes posted here but I have not had a chance to listen to them yet, I deffo will try to this week and post some feedback.

Downloading the first one now Colly will try and listen this evening :)

<tracklisting now added>

Will listen to your new one tonight too Giles - looking forward to it!

Couldn't download from that site Colly do you have to register or something?

Any chance you could stick the mixes on megaupload?

• Advertisement

Weird, they work fine for me! Usually I host these on my own server but I'm having awful FTP problems at the moment which is why I was using www.uploaded.to (much better than megaupload or rapidshare imo)

UPDATE: Links edited I managed to upload them to my own server so they should work fine now!

Giles wrote: »
    Here's a link to my latest promo mix along with a tracklisting. I've been handing out cds of it for a few months now with some feedback and it's also been doing the rounds online too so I thought I'd lash it up here and see what you guys think now that this thread is here and her to stay (hopefully) :)

The style of the mix is essentially housey and ranges from deep and techy right through to some seriously pumping jackin beats and serious basslines :D

Feedback and comments warmly appreciated, even if you hate the mix with a vengeance!

Another stonker as always Giles. Downloaded it last night and realised that I have actually heard it already but forgot to mail you back. Really like the progression of the first 1/2 of the mix, some very differnt tunes blended very well. A few of the tunes later were not hugely to my taste, a little to 'wah wah wah' megga basey - but I'd say if I was hearing this in a club rather than chilling in my bedroom it would be a different story. Really liked the jackin twist towards the end. A quality follow on from your other mixes ;)

Another stonker as always Giles. Downloaded it last night and realised that I have actually heard it already but forgot to mail you back. Really like the progression of the first 1/2 of the mix, some very differnt tunes blended very well. A few of the tunes later were not hugely to my taste, a little to 'wah wah wah' megga basey - but I'd say if I was hearing this in a club rather than chilling in my bedroom it would be a different story. Really liked the jackin twist towards the end. A quality follow on from your other mixes ;)

Excellent and detailed feedback as always dude. Thanks! :D

Always good to know what others think of your work and in particular people whose opinion I value, of which you are one.

Your mix is cued and ready to go for later this eve. Gonna listen while I finally get around to updating my myspace profile!

Will give you feedback later on this eve or during the week :)

No worries man - I'll have another listen to it though and post again - I usually like to listen to a piece of music two or three times before making a proper opinion on it.

Hope you like my mixes - they are not quite as polished as yours, not really planned just done on the fly, but apart from one or two small hiccups I'm pretty happy with them.

(Oh, I know I've said it loads of times before - but I really am going to try to come to your gig in McGruders this Friday - just trying to get a few people together - I'm in dire need of a night of decent fcuking music - I've had far too many cheesy nights out recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Heavy Water: A fairly eclectic selection of some of the more minimal and deep tunes I'm listening to a lot at the moment.

Tracklisting:

Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Carl Craig REmix)
    Dubfire - Emissions
    Gabriel Anada - Sweet Decay
    Jade - Spectre
    Audiojack - Robot
    Shlomi Aber - Freakside
    Marc Antona & Anthony Collins - Sharks
    Georgio Giordano - Nino's Dub
    Josh Wink - Swirl
    Shalomi Aber - Blonda (Funk DeVoid Mix)
    Kind Handsome - Jackinmaster
    Shalomi Aber - Crop Duster
    Gui Borotto - Mr Decay
    Nathan Fake - The Sky was Pink - (Martinez Master Mix)

Hope you like them

--

Kind Handsome? I think that should be kid!!!!:D
    Yay I'm on this mix. Really like it actually, it's exactly the kind of stuff i'm into these days. And to be followed by Shlomi Aber and Gui Boratto is simply brilliant!!!
    Probably two of my favourite artists.

Delighted you like it mate :D. I actually have three of your tunes I play regularily, could have plated them all, but I didn't really plan this one, Jackinmaster just seemed to fit well at the particular time. I didn't really mean to play three of Shalomi Aber's in the one mix, but you know how it goes...

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff Jeff!

So Nov/Dec last year was when I last recorded and pimped around a mix so it's about time and I got a new one together and here it is. This mix is on more of an overall deep tech tip than my last one and starts of with one of my fav tunes of last year by Trentemoller (dig the gorgeous vocals so much) before sliding into some really groovy deep/minimal house & techno. The last third of the mix cranks up into serious deep, chuggy and occasionally twisted minimal techno with plenty of ooomph!

Enjoy the mix and artwork and if you would like a cd with the artwork and a really cool vinyl-style cd just hit me up on email or PM and I will sort your out. The download link + artwork is below.

Feedback and comments (even if you hate it) warmly appreciated as quite a bit of effort has gone into this.

Cheers

Giles

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UH66T0F4

l_a428119757c0d67822214241dfda434d.jpgl_37b9abdadf42a9411bc999e34682745a.jpg

Nice one dude! Just listening now... 20 minutes in and sounds very smooth so far!

Way more chilled than your last few! But I'll wait and see ;-)

Thanks Colly nice one.

Yeah I always like the deep stuff as well as more banging and twisted beats. The mix deffo slides into some tougher chuggy techno in the last third I can assure you.

Have any new mixes around? I liked your last one with that Theo Parrish tune :pac:

• Advertisement

So I've had your mix playin in the background last night and just now - haven't really given it the justice of my full attention, but enough to get the general drift... I wouldn't give you anything but honest feedback mate, so have to say I'm not so keen on this one :( Just a tad too laid back for my liking... You know how much I liked your other mixes like the May 2007 Tech Hosue Promo, and the HouseWerk Trio - this is a totally different bag really, so it's hard to compare I suppose. There's a couple of tunes in the first half that I liked, but they were surrounded by some very chilled, almost 'downtempo' stuff which I wasn't so keen on. However - I really liked the last third of the mix, some nice chunky rhythmical techno! Sweet! If you could take the second half and then add on some even more chunky stompers it would be a totally different story...

Hope that helps mate!

Anyway, Glad you liked my latest mix :D. I've barely touched the decks in the last few weeks. All I've really done recently is made this website for my mixes online - so now i have to get a few new ones up! I haven't really downloaded any new tunes either, been so busy lately its ridiculous, however I do have a new type of mix in mind... Back to classic house, but with a twist. Several quite old tunes, and some new, I've got a couple chosen but need to get the rest sorted out and just do it. Will do soon and post here...

Advertisement