Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which was the Best Star Trek Film?

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

why not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It goes like this...(top 3 anyway)

1. Wrath of Kahn (KAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNNN!!!!!)
    2. Undiscovered Country (Second star to the right... and straight on till morning.)
    3. First Contact (The line must be drawn here!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Kiith wrote: »

2. Undiscovered Country (Second star to the right... and straight on till morning.)

This is true.

And to continue.. (might start getting a bit more controversial here)...

4. Motion Picture (yeah, I liked it a lot. Slow paced but some good honest sci-fi)
    5. Voyage Home (the least hard-core of them all, but fun and easy to watch)
    6. Search For Spock (watched it again recently and it's really not a bad film at all)
    7. Generations (some of it's good, some of it's dire. Could have been so much better)
    8. Insurrection (instantly forgettable. Like a dragged out mediocre TV episode)
    9. Nemesis (boring, ill-conceived, crap. And the last of TNG.. what a pity)
    10. Final Frontier (just, no.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was thorn between 6 and 7, decided to go with 7. Yes I loved Generations! I also loved Insurrection and Nemesis, there, I've said it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Kiith wrote: »

+ 1
    Goodshape wrote: »
    This is true.

And to continue.. (might start getting a bit more controversial here)...
    4. Motion Picture (yeah, I liked it a lot. Slow paced but some good honest sci-fi)

Ye its slow but remember how old it is
    5. Voyage Home (the least hard-core of them all, but fun and easy to watch)

I always liked this movie, very funny and enjoyable.
    6. Search For Spock (watched it again recently and it's really not a bad film at all)

Actually watched it a week ago myself and i would agree here, i dont watch it too often but i do like it. I love the scene neer the start with the exchange between the klingon commander and his mistress
    7. Generations (some of it's good, some of it's dire. Could have been so much better)

Very slow in parts that just did not need to be there but has some good scnes in it. Could have been more.
    8. Insurrection (instantly forgettable. Like a dragged out mediocre TV episode)

I said this in a topic a month or so ago. It would have actually made a very watchable fast paced 45 min episode tbh
    9. Nemesis (boring, ill-conceived, crap. And the last of TNG.. what a pity)

Could have been better alright. Wesley? WTF was he doing there?
    Still i did like the introduction of the Remens despite the fact it was the first time we ever heard of them?
    10. Final Frontier (just, no.)

Ill disagree here. Its like search for spock. I like this movie but would not watch it that often i mean ihavent seen it in well over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Actually I'm pretty certain I've at least heard of the Remen's being mentioned in DS9, might have also seen them. (I'll have to check into that)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

I don't know why but I can never rate the next Gen films along with the originals...so here's my 2 lists. Looking over them I think what makes a good movie is a strong Villian

1....Wrath Of Khaaaaaaaaaaaan
    2....Undiscovered Country
    3....Search For Spock
    4.....Final Frontier
    5.....Voyage Home
    6.....Motion Picture

..and the next Gen..
    1....First Contact
    2....Nemesis
    3....Generations
    4....Insurrection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

"Romulous and Remus" was mentioned in the first ep of TOS with Romulouns in it. Don't think you ever see them or hear of them again until Nemesis though.

Advertisement