Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koopa -v- Nemesis .... who's going?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

How are you getting this money Nemesis, seems the cybermart money is mysteriously *GONE* I'll be looking to see if Nemesis has the money straight away, or will he have to *wait* till all forty people turn up untill he can *claim* his 200 euro from cyber mart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by *NemesiS*
    About the bets its 200 each and as for the door money thats gone. CYbermart offered it to us and basically u laughed at it as 20 a head was mentioned so its withdrawn but if ya wanna spice the night up how about a 32 man tourney 5 euro a head and winner takes all??
    This will take place after our martch or we could do a 2 v 2 tourney where we take names outta a hat to make the teams, 5 a head again etc.

thoughts on this???

btw Koopa Fat_Man is lookin for a bit of a warm up match if ur up for it???

So Nemesis you do have 200 quid for the bet yeh? I assume you and Koopa both give it to the owner/manager (Searrard?) when ye go into the place.
    If it's a warmup ye want, put together a Waterford team with your best few lads and nD can give ye a game, ye should be well warmed up by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

The usual cybermart lans are €15 - I dont see this chaning tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yes but the total expenses dont change for a lan like this, cybermart is only providing 20 pcs or whatever, the rest are bringing their own.. so if cybermart usually has 15 euro a head, and 20 people turn up - thats 300 euro for them.
    if 30 people show up, they should only need to charge around 10 euro per head to get the same amount.
    since cybermart are providing monitors, and there will be 40 people going, 10 euro per head going to cybermart would cancel out any extra expense on cybermarts part anyway

What ever. Tell CyberMan, CyberMart or SearrarD so.

• Advertisement

what do you think i just did?

Originally posted by Koopa
    what do you think i just did?

no

strataGIST:

no

strataGIST shows his amazing ability to READ AND UNDERSTAND extremely complex posts by other people

heh, how about sending one of the above an email or private message regarding this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Yo Giblet just got into cybermart and Fat_Man just tried your Xaero on t4 nightmare with com_maxfps set to 15. Reguarding your "Don't lie and say you won" on his first go Fat_MAn beat him 10 - 9 in a ten minute match. Me, Searrard, Stokolan, Angry Badger and the owner of cybermart witnessed this. If you don't believe us i don't really care and bare in mind this was on a cybermart PC, p3 500 etc.
    Ill give it a go at home and post my best score by tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

ill take one of those 21inch monitors also

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by *NemesiS*
    Yo Giblet just got into cybermart and Fat_Man just tried your Xaero on t4 nightmare with com_maxfps set to 15. Reguarding your "Don't lie and say you won" on his first go Fat_MAn beat him 10 - 9 in a ten minute match. Me, Searrard, Stokolan, Angry Badger and the owner of cybermart witnessed this. If you don't believe us i don't really care and bare in mind this was on a cybermart PC, p3 500 etc.

http://www.cs-hacks.tk/

Well the computer wouldn't make a diff when max_fps is 15 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

im sorry to say koopa that door money is not going to the match due to the fact that it is not fair that peoples entry fee should be increased to cover a bet!

And this is a very expensive LAN we have purchased 2 airconditioners and have done extensive upgrading to the pc arrangents to allow for 40 people to play, we have purchased a new hub "just in case" and ordered new nics and geforces again "just in case" and we ordered extra chairs and monitors

the bet with koopa and Nemesis is between them , me and the owner acept no responsibilty in the matter....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

its not fair that peoples entry fee should be increased to cover a bet!
    thank god :) dont really want to see the match anyway (well i do but not worth going to waterford over.....)

Airconditions are much needed tbh, dont fancy sitting in a sauna for 12hrs :D

Anyway see you all saturday

WOOO Air conditioning, THANK GOD:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Airconditioning makes all the difference.

Had one in work and its so so much better than a fan.

Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

was going to say something but decided not to

im sorry to say koopa that door money is not going to the match due to the fact that it is not fair that peoples entry fee should be increased to cover a bet!

And this is a very expensive LAN we have purchased 2 airconditioners and have done extensive upgrading to the pc arrangents to allow for 40 people to play, we have purchased a new hub "just in case" and ordered new nics and geforces again "just in case" and we ordered extra chairs and monitors

what does this have to do with anything?
    i never said the door money should be increased, in fact i was asking why it was increased from 10 euro to 15 euro.. read my post before you reply to it.
    the bet with koopa and Nemesis is between them , me and the owner acept no responsibilty in the matter....
    hmm.. why didnt you say this before? i thought the whole point of this lan was the koopa vs nemesis thing, why else would people from all over the country go to waterford to play in a single night-time lan for 15 euro?

basically all i was asking was, you were earlier prepared to accept a door fee of 20 euro out of which 10 euro would go to the winner of this, and 10 euro would go to the owner of cybermart.. so now that the door fee is fixed at 15 euro, where is the extra money going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

"Gimme back ma munnay!!! Wankaz!!!!"

I want a 21" aswell.

btw, Searrard, where in Waterford is the cybercaf and what's ure real name so we can ask for you when we get in?

Also, what time can we set up inside? We (nD) will prolly be in waterford reasonably early, so we'd rather ditch the gear before ditching the cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the cybermart lan is always 15 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Cybermart is located on the dumore road, across from the park,

if your comming in to waterford form the bridge side turn left as you come off the bridge head straight down the key in the left lane until you com to the tower hotel (its big and white, not too hard to miss), theres a junction there, turn left at the junctio a go straight for a bout 500m until you have the park on your right and an esso station on your left, turn in just after the esso station just b4 tubs a tiles, and cybermart is just there, (hope these directions will help. I'll add a picture in a while that might help a bit better..)

you can drop your machines in at any time after 12 noon,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I nabs me a 21" too! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

who is paying for the winners money then? do they both bet 200euroe each? winner takes all, or is money coming from somone else?

GL koopa:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

nemesis.jpg

Fu<king LOL
    Watch out sam, he looks DED HARD

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

*NemesiS* wrote: »

Quality

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Does anyone have a link to the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

If there is one it might be in the old quake.ie archive.

Advertisement