Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up a temporary address for post

Options
  • 02-03-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this is a weird one and am pretty sure its in the wrong forum, so if the mods will move it to the appropriate forum id appreciate it but theres a reason I posted here, Its a sort of half personal half practical issue

Basically Im looking to set up a temporary address just wondering how I go about that. I am living at home and want to order off the internet. The problem is the things I want to order are embarrasing and would personally prefer my family having no knowledge of this. They are just self help cds/hypnosis etc. I would also like to order a present for my girlfriend and would prefer send it to this temp address, my family are nosy and this present will probably be a bit cheeky or dirty or something, I havent thought of it yet but Id like to have the option either way or making sure I receive it myself and not my mother.

I have looked into setting up a P.O. box but they are very very expensive and are more for businesses using them constantly not just receiving a few goods off the net. There is no other agenda (i.e. drugs etc) and I wouldnt care if people I didnt know (like an post staff etc) had knowledge of what was going into this address, I just want to keep it from family, friends and girlfriend.
    I have emailed an post but to no response yet. It seems all they have is the P.O. box and that doesnt really make it worth while.
    Anyway if any of you have any suggestions or have been in this situation and know how to get around it let me know. Ill look more into an alternative to the PO box and see what I can do. Im based in the west of Ireland so services in dublin wouldnt be of too much help.
    Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are companies like Mailbox Express in Rathmines. Probably cheaper than An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What about "Poste Restante"? This is where the post office holds your mail for you if you don't have an address, then you pick it up from there. Not sure if you can get them to mail it like that or if your post office allows it.

Moved to the West forum.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I rented a PO box from the Post Office. Not exactly cheap, but fairly handy. You just pop in every so often and ask "anything in PO box 41?"

Advertisement