Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Co2

• 16-02-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I've got a paintball marker but can't get CO2 anywhere, if anyone knows anywhere in the west, or midlands which refill co2 that would be great.

I'm thinking about buying an airsoft gun, never played it or had a marker before but it sounds good.

Is it as fun as paintball?

I was looking at AK 47s, any recommendations. Someone told me the AK47 spetnaz was very good. http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=228

Or can anyone recommend any good markers around the 150 mark.

Another thing which I was wondering about was whether that the bbs wouldn't travel very far or just get carried by the slightest bit of wind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

You can get Co2 at skirmish paintball.

Or you can do it your self. Rent a big Co2 tank, buy a fill station and then you can fill up your own tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I can't help you with the paintball side of things, but....

I held one of those airsoft guns before, it was very nice, Maxforce practally fell in love with them one day at G-Tac.

While the wind does affect the BBs you can compinsate for it easily. (I once shot a guy who I couldn't see, the BB curled around his cover and hit him :D )

The JG G36C is also very very good and I've heard good things about the DBOYS M4 series.
    You could get some Classic Army Sportsline gear (M15 A4, CA call M16s M15s for some reason, for around that money too (CA being one of the best manufacturers out there, they now do a cheap line of stuff (Sportsline), but it is still top quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Or you can do it your self. Rent a big Co2 tank, buy a fill station and then you can fill up your own tanks.

ah but where do you rent the big co2 tank?

also, can you recommend anywhere to buy fill stations and the small co2 tanks for attaching directly to a marker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea, I think the prices for renting a tank are pretty high though. I think its BOC that do the rentals.

I also heard about hydro date or something regarding the CO2 cannisters, I haven't used mine in about 5 years so I'm wondering whether its safe to refill?????

With the airsoft would the AK47 spetnaz be a good choice for the money or is there something better for around that price, I suppose assault rifles but it doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steodee

lol

• Advertisement

Haha, shut up steo.

Anymore help would be good.

http://www.airproducts.ie/ supply large co2 tanks for rental. They should last you about a year ;). Price is under 300 I think. You will have to find your local dealer and find out.

As for fill stations and tanks, www.irishpaintballsupply.com has them I think or he can get them in. If not, they are readily available form the UK. The fill station is €60ish and a tank is €25ish for a big one. (20oz)

But if you had the cash, go HPA (High Pressure Air). Much better than co2, more consistent and easier to work with. More expensive to get the gear though. A carbon fiber wrap tank is €150 onwards new.

Thanks man, but what about not having used the tank for five years? Is there smething about a hydro test date?

Anymore help would be great, do you have a marker yourself?

The airproducts ireland website must be down atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was at a bike shop recently and they were selling small CO2 cansisters.
    (Used for inflating bicycle tires)
    They looked like the ones you would put in C02 GBB Pistols
    cant remember the price but I remember it was reasonable.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

If I'm not mistaken their also used in automatic life jackets. So if there's a marine shop or supplies near you try them, they are done in two sizes I think the smaller one is the one for Co 2 GBB's.

Also available in Motor Accessory Stores.

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote: »
    Thanks man, but what about not having used the tank for five years? Is there smething about a hydro test date?

Anymore help would be great, do you have a marker yourself?

The airproducts ireland website must be down atm.

general rule of thumb is to get your tank tested every 5 years. On the label of your tank or engraved on it some where should be its born date. It may have a 'restest by' date also. There is no where in Ireland certified to test paintball tanks yet. By the time you ship it to the uk, test it and send it back, it will be cheaper to buy a new one.

The small silver 12g c02 sparklets are used for pistols. Pretty crap, you might get 10 shots with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

shortys94 wrote: »
    With the airsoft would the AK47 spetnaz be a good choice for the money or is there something better for around that price, I suppose assault rifles but it doesn't matter.

I have an AK Spetz and I think it's a great AEG. Simple to use, great & cheap magazines (100, 250 & 600 round mags). It holds a large battery, is not too heavy/light and is comfortable to hold.

I do tend to use my G3-SG1 mostly now, but that's mainly because it's been upgraded to 1 joule whereas the Spetz is about 0.9joule.

Oh, and as for the question about where to get CO2, I've heard there's an abundance of it in the atmosphere. It apparantely is causing some problems so feel free to take as much of it as you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

if you rent a small co2 cylinder and can get back in 30 days to Boc you dont have to pay the rent, only for the fill, any of the dive shops can get a cylinder tested for you if it has BS 5042 stamped on it, and you can try some welding shops as they have co2 for some mig welding and might help you out, or your local pub as they get them free with the kegs and might give you a cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

heya shorty,
    check out paintballer.ie, one of my team mates, charlie is selling a scuba tank for pretty cheap with alot of free fills. the all you need to get is a fill station (30e) and a 3000psi aluminium high pressure air tank (50e) and your set to go. try not to use CO2 in your marker. its a crap gas and messes markers up good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

or here

they ship to Ireland, you'll have to ask for a price.

http://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/

remember there 12gm not 12oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

With CO2. You go to BOC Gas and they will rent you Bulk tank. It;s about 6 fils from smaler tank. Something around 130e/year for lease. It's work like 5e per fill. And filling kit for HP doesn't cost 30e (rather 130). Even if you'll find one for 30e. I would not risk of using it with HP. If you like to play all year HP is highly recomended (more consistent).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to paintball from airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 christophermcd

ieDepot.ie has Co2 tanks, next day delivery no rental even have the paintball fill stations for it.

Advertisement