Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Courses Sticky

Options
  • 10-02-2008 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

These threads seem to pop up every now and again, so i was wonderin if it'd be a good idea to have a sticky where we can post info about all the Photography courses out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you want to write something up, I can put it into the big sticky at the top?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

If you need to take a course in photography, then you're not doing it right.
    Take a cours.... Oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Fajitas! wrote: »
    If you want to write something up, I can put it into the big sticky at the top?
    Yeah cool, ill forward it to ye later

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I think this could be a could idea for say the little tricks gained over years of experiance or the simple things especially for people like me who are only learning. Like the mirror lock up for night shots might be an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Oriel wrote: »
    If you need to take a course in photography, then you're not doing it right.
    Take a cours.... Oh, wait...

I chose to do a course in Photography because I want to not because I need to. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Auds002

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me on this. I am considering going back to college part time to do a photography course. I have done some research and have narrowed the courses down to the below. If anyone has any feedback, or has done any of the courses I would really appreciate some comments

- NCAD Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging - some of the posts on this course mention that it is quite contemporary and does not really explore practical photography??
    - Griffith College Diploma in Photography
    - CMIT (College of Management & IT) Certificate in Photography. This is an on line / distance learning course with a tutor assigned to you for 6 months. The course content seems good but I am not too sure on the qualification.

Kilroys College Diploma in Traditional & Digital Photography. Again another distant learning course

I am in a cmaera club and someone recommended doing a course with digital beginners. I was looking for something more long time but would love to hear some feed back on this also.

Thanks a mill :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IOP

Hi Auds002,

Digital Beginners are now know as "The Institute of Photography" and we've added an interesting new course called a "Portfolio/Exhibition Course". The course lasts about 16 weeks and it's main goal is to bring each of the students through to their first photography exhibition. I don't want to turn this into an ad as the moderaters usually take down these type of notices so perhaps the best thing is to have a look here,

cheers

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Old school thread back when Oriel was about and fajitas was a mod,How times have changed :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Old skool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ah yes, Oriel - and not an untypical post :D Not sure whom he fell foul of in the end.

// off to the supermarket - zombie stuff etc...

why the supermarket for goodness sake?

• Advertisement
Advertisement