Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my crossword!

Options
  • 08-02-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have just 5 clues left that I can't make out. Please help I'm going cracked

1) Medical Preparations LO?I??S
    2) One, some or several A??
    3) Sailing Vessels ?A???S
    4) Direction of Vessel ??A?I?G
    5) Proclaim loudly B?A?O?

Just for info the 6th letter in 1) is the same letter as the second letter in 2)
    The third letter in 2) in the first letter in 3)
    The 4th letter in 3) is the first letter in 4)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

1. Lotions
    2. Any
    3. Yachts

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

4. heading

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I thought bearing too but the 4 letter is 3 is the same at first in 4. Maybe heading but thats not really a boating term. :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Heading is the answer, it is a boating term,also you have the heading on a compass.

The clue for number 5 is the correct amount of letters?

5) Blazon

Think it's an archaic form of an announcment or proclamation. Never heard it before I came across it in a crossword myself.

Edit:

Link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blazon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

savage job lads thanks!!
    All fit perfectly, the joyous sight of a completed crossword!!

Advertisement