Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tabula Rasa connecton problems (tracert incl)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 adamo

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I fully support you in getting things sorted with NTL and NC Soft.

As you can guess I'm also on NTL and I'm experiencing mentioned problems.
    You can add Lord of the Ring Online to the list of games that works bad on NTL "broadband". Better then Tabula Rasa, it works occasionally but you can experience connection drops, often disconnections etc.

I fully sign under statement that NTL does not provide their broadband service as advertised. There are no any information in the contract that service is limited in anyway while in practice it is.

I'm not customer right or law expert but I believe NTL is guilty of not providing service they are charging for. (Wondering how to prove it though)

As for NC Soft European GM response is as you guys said example of terrible Customer Service and also shows total luck if interest in customers satisfaction.
    Saying that they seems to be correct that that is not their fault. As NTL as our provide is not proving fully working Internet access.

And as you said already NC Soft of course could get things sorted with NTL much faster then customers as us. If they would be a will on their side.

I'm wondering if contacting NC Soft Head Office (not sure if that's US or Korea) would be a worthy move here. Though as far as I remember NC Soft EU and other NC Soft branches are separate entities.

Anyway guys I hope you will be as persistent as you've been so far!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Hi,

A local ISP where I live installed new traffic shaping equipement lately and being fairly new to the whole ISP thing they only left the default ports unthrottled. A friend of mine who is a subscriber had to ring them multiple times to get ports "opened" for the likes of WoW and Lotro. Have you made NTL aware of what ports are required to connect to TR? AFAIK tracert uses it's own ICMP port and would be considered "normal" traffic. I would give NTL as much info as possible if I was you, as them may be routing traffic on to the relevant networks, but if this is only their "approved" traffic it may not include your TR traffic. Plus, if these tech support folk are as bad as you say do you think they will look this stuff up themselves? As I was feeling generous I thought I post the relevant info here to make life easy for you :-)

Originally Posted by From NCSoft Support
    "If you are using a router, make sure TCP ports 80, 2106, 7777, 7790, 8001 and 8101 to 8104 as well as UDP ports 7780-7784 are opened within its settings."

I am not sure if this is all the ports required as these instructions are for opening ports on your own firewall/router to allow incoming traffic on to your network, but chances are most of the ports required are there.

Hoping to see y'all on the battlefield,

EssKay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I dont think the problem is in getting them to open ports, sadly its much worse. The problem is in getting them to even entertain the notion of opening ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Ok I've been having the same problem with Trackmania Nations and Trackmania United but have now managed to get a work around and it works!!

Here's instructions on how to do it, it should work for any game thats blocked by traffic shaping.

http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11243&p=85910#p85910

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eschekt

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Ok I've been having the same problem with Trackmania Nations and Trackmania United but have now managed to get a work around and it works!!

Here's instructions on how to do it, it should work for any game thats blocked by traffic shaping.

http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11243&p=85910#p85910

damn... a lot of ppl with tr (or ntl) problems. my friend and me bought the game yesterday and got trapped too. actually i'm trying this little workaround from the link above, hopefully it works not only for tm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Greedy

..we're in this together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

from a legal stance.

The game company TR have a working product and have no issues from their side. They are not obliged anyway to compensate subscribers for game purchase of account subs. They are covered on their side bcause their product works.

NTL seem liable. Your internet connection is down to your use totally via the user policies. After having a glance through it, there is no mention of any restriction to gaming.

Your best legal case would be chasing after NTL, through consumer rights. You are paying for a service they are failing to deliver on.

You will not receive any refund or sympathy from game shops for your troubles, and they are not obliged to put any notice regarding connection issues, as the game is a working product.

Contact consumer affairs and explain your case...NTL are liable here. Those guys are great help in getting you help.

If all fails you will be stuck with changing ip, if you havnt got an alternitive, you have to try wait for a ntl pr saving face.

i just cringe a little when people jump to legal action as it usually totally fails.......

but get the focus right, ntl are the problem for you, not the game developer, you could understand how they are reluctant to help.....why spend their money fixing a problem thats not theirs :/

and they will probably get the same treatment as you :(

its a sad story and i feel for you guys...i was gna switch to ntl when i heard of their "8mb" lines, but thankfully stayed with eircom and never being happier.

but definitly contact the consumer affairs office, might even advise action against the gaming stores....as consumers should be made of all product changes or known faults or changes before sale.

Bring it back to the shop and say " This game is not compatible with ntl isp service, and i was not informed"

Tehnically under consumer rights, you have a fair complaint.

For atleast an exchange or voucher

Advertisement