Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Adventure in overclocking

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

well thats me sold. deffo gonna buy this now. No point wasting 600€ on ddr3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

in case anyone has any doubhts on the capabilities of this mobo!

funny enough I now know that reviews have to be taken with a pinch of salt.overclockers did one for this mobo before christmas and yer man said he was hitting "hard walls" at 400 fsb.
    I have yet to feel a wall and I am at 423.
    The processor has the power saving features enabled hence CPU-Z is showing a lower core speed.

I really want to stress test this setting but I really do think I need better cooling.

3800OC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

in case anyone has any doubhts on the capabilities of this mobo!

funny enough I now know that reviews have to be taken with a pinch of salt.overclockers did one for this mobo before christmas and yer man said he was hitting "hard walls" at 400 fsb.
    I have yet to feel a wall and I am at 423.
    The processor has the power saving features enabled hence CPU-Z is showing a lower core speed.

I really want to stress test this setting but I really do think I need better cooling.

3800OC.jpg

disable that power throttling,fist see what ur max fsb wall is drop ur multi to 6 and get keep pushin up the fsb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DanielSmith

great job and nice capture.

awhir wrote: »
    disable that power throttling,fist see what ur max fsb wall is drop ur multi to 6 and get keep pushin up the fsb

Not sure what you mean by wall.Is that how high the CPU can go?Or the FSB?

Heres the latest:eek:

4016OC.jpg

seeing as I have an Asus P35 P5K-E for demo well you know I couldnt resist:D

The Bus speed hit 502 but that was pumping lots of volts into the CPU.But it got there nonetheless.Multiplier was lowered to *6.
    Could not get the quad over 4.0MHz.:(

The IX38's wall is/was 470 doesnt matter if the multiplier was 9 or 6.But I think this is a relatively new board so future bios's may improve that.

again none of these tests have been stress tested but its kinda cool when you can get a picture of CPU-Z when your overclocking!;)

Capture3-1.jpg

well took another crack at it this morning.Had the PC virtually out the window:D

No joy getting better results but did manage to get the q6600 into windows at 4.0MHz:cool:

so of the three boards ive overclocked this is my evaluation.

Asus P5N-32 680i:
    Heat is a problem with these.Numerous bios flash's to get it to a decent clock.but as it was my first board to OC it was a good learning experience.
    always at the jumper resetting the blasted thing.annoying.SOLD.

Asus P5K P35:
    Nice bios features.Loads of options.
    Again this one you have the start messin with the voltages to get it to OC well.
    It did have the highest Bus speed of 502 with the multiplier at 6.Ive read it can do 520!
    Nice board and may be a keeper as a spare.Never had to touch the jumpers.

Abit Ix38 QuadGT:
    After the 680i this one was a dream to work with.Stable at high speeds and 3300MHz easily obtainable without messin with the voltages.Overclocked my Q6600 the highest of all three.bios options could be improved as the Asus board has far more features for flashing etc.Defo a keeper as I love the look of it and the SPEED!

On to a new adventure now.Watercooling!

Advertisement