Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please HELP ... Beginning ICAI

Options
  • 22-12-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I want to joing ICAI next year as a School leaver which takes 5.5 years..

Can anyone help me is it better to start ICAI as a school leaver or should i do my BA in Accountancy and Finance from D.C.U (3 yrs) then join ICAI as a graduate?

Also how many exemptions will i achieve if i do BA Acc and Finance from DCU?

Which route is better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

madnirvana wrote: »
    I want to joing ICAI next year as a School leaver which takes 5.5 years..

Can anyone help me is it better to start ICAI as a school leaver or should i do my BA in Accountancy and Finance from D.C.U (3 yrs) then join ICAI as a graduate?

Also how many exemptions will i achieve if i do BA Acc and Finance from DCU?

Which route is better?

degree is better
    It's not all about the end goal. It's as much about the journey :D
    Enjoy 3 years of college life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I agree with chump, and the degree will exempt you from prof 1 and 2 or cap 1 and 2, whatever it is now, but you'll still have prof 3s and the final entrance exams (FAEs).

Advertisement