Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could be frozen in time - when would you wake up in

Options
  • 17-12-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I'm always thinking I'd love to see how things will have advanced in the future, if you could be frozen in time when would you wake up ? maybe just in a few years and see if a gfx that can play crysis has been released or how about in 50 years and see if they are playing U2 on the golden oldies or can you even imagine what it will be like in 200 million years, what will we have evolved into ?, maybe we will have blown each other up long before then :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Whenever Star Trek becomes a reality.

July 15th 2031 at Tea-time.

Serious answer, whenever money and wealth become non-existent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Summer. God its cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1945ish

Cos then I'd be a 60s youth and be in proper rock band and sell out stadiums in the 70s and retire gracefully with a massive amount of money in 2000 and have documetaries made about my life and times. :)

Mike.

You can't be frozen and go back in time!

That needs a time machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The year 3000 to beat the **** out of Fry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh Crap! :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whatever season Leeds finally win the Champions League. Hmmm, could be frozen a long time...

The year 3000 to beat the **** out of Fry!

and for the triple breasted women totally naked that busted promised us. They wouldn't lie, such lovely lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

but why freeze yourself when you can go there now? all you need is a microwave, blender, toaster, and some led lights.

seriously, i just got back from 20026 (added in an extra digit by accident, i was just looking for some stock tips). it's... interesting to say the least. still, you'd miss the oul oxygen.

• Advertisement

and for the triple breasted women totally naked that busted promised us. They wouldn't lie, such lovely lads.

I wonder if that song did go multi-platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh Crap! :(

Mike.

It wouldnt have worked anyway, you'd still be as old and decrepit as you are now, just transplanted 60 years in the past. By the time you reach the 60's you'd have been in a coffin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You can be frozen in time, they just haven't figured out how to un-freeze you as of yet.

If I were to do it, I'd come back in maybe 500 years to see how things are, if they're crappy, back in I go for another 500.

but why freeze yourself when you can go there now? all you need is a microwave, blender, toaster, and some led lights.

seriously, i just got back from 20026 (added in an extra digit by accident, i was just looking for some stock tips). it's... interesting to say the least. still, you'd miss the oul oxygen.

So was global warming real?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Wake me up for a few weeks every hundred years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

When pigs have evolved to fly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

So was global warming real?

nah.... apparently someone with a grudge kept feeding the hamsters baked beans when no one was looking. takes 'em long enough to figure it out though.

... when September ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

26th September 2007. Just to relive that magical day again. If I were to pick a certain era in time, probably medieval times when the clothes were cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Nightwish wrote: »
    26th September 2007. Just to relive that magical day again. If I were to pick a certain era in time, probably medieval times when the clothes were cool.

Still not getting this 'frozen in time' thingy?
    Now take for example a frozen chicken that's in your freezer, you can take it out anytime in the future, but your chicken cant go back to 26th sept 2007. Understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

wake me up when wou can buy electric high performance cars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Maybe time is cyclical?

Maybe time is cyclical?

I knew that was coming!

Look I'm no scientician, but what was done cannot be undone and what not.

Except by Jean Claude Van Damme in timecop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Unfreeze me when everyone is cool and all the anally retentive ***** are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Certainly not when the Otters are at war with the Humans thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Tomorrow!

18 July 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Nightwish wrote: »

Pah, yeah. I'd agree except we'd be dying from starvation and plague.

I'd say 1950's when fornication was believed to cause communism. Quite how a swift shag in the haymow help the relentless march of Marxism beats me.
    Also I'd get to wear leather jackets and be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

[biko]
    Microwaves and Time Machines Forum tbh.
    [/biko]

Advertisement