Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F4 exam

Options
  • 06-12-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Did anybody do this exam on Tues 4th December? I did it and I have to say I totally ran out of time at the end. Ended up trying to do two questions in the last fifteen minutes! Not looking forward to the results :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davide

Hey Climber, I sat the exam, was also tight on time but tried to force myself to stick to the 18 mins per question. 2 be honest i think the exam format is wrong, too many questions and we should have a choice.

its my first fundamental exam, just wondering how strict they are with the marking schemes. Would have defo passed it if it was a college exam but not so sure now given they might be stricter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

I've heard stories that ACCA spend no more than 10 minutes to correct each paper. They apply the marking format religously.

If it all adds up to 50% or more, you pass. If it adds up to 49% they will go back over and see if they can get you the extra 1%, if it adds up
    to anything less than 49%, you fail and they move on to the next paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davide

i'd say it is fairly ruthless alright, given the amount they have to correct. what i'm more wondering about is how strict the marking scheme actally is, i wonder how well an understanding is "thorough", "reasonable", etc etc. ah we'll have to wait till feb i guess, here's hoping!

Advertisement