Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

couier company left package in wheley bin

Options
  • 24-10-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

i was looking for advice here , was working when a parcel was delivered to my home , and nobody was home , so the driver left the parcel inside the wheely bin. I know this because he left a scrap of paper wedged into the side of my door ( on the outside ). the problem here is when i got home i saw the note , like anyone else who called to my door that day. and then looked inside the bin and , well the parcel wasn't there. i was on the the courier company about this , and they said they would pay for the item. Is there anything else i can do i got the item off eBay and there are not too many of these around and especially for the price i paid.

thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If theyre willing to refund you what you paid, I cant see how you can ask for more. Its not their job to source another item, just to rectify things financially, regardless of how stupid the delivery guy was.

And btw, thats the funniest thing Ive heard in ages. In a wheelie bin! Mad.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As they have said they'll reimburse you fully for the monetary value I'm not sure you have anywhere else to go.

Mike.

ps which company?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

i was think that is all i would get, money back for what i paid. you should see the note he left , parcel and had the wrong spelling. GLS is the company , from being on the phone to them they are a pack of jokers , not helpfully at all.

they asked me did i have an item number , i told them that i didn't have a package so how could i get the number? she said to ask the sender , i told her what if it was a surprise present ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭cgarvey

roastie wrote: »
    GLS is the company

BAAAAAAAAAM!

The only delivery company to lose more deliveries (not just turn up late) than deliver to me, over 3 addresses in 5 years across circa 40-50 parcels. THAT is impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

they would be the same crowd who left a parcel on my front door step in full view of the road - luckily no one helped themselves to it - I complained by phone - also an ebay delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

absolute joke of a company,
    100% late to deliver when i did use them - i would ring up and the package would be at the local depot and they would ask me would i come into the depot to collect it..... hello im not the courier...

had a package from them before - was really expensive computer software. the parcel look like it had been kicked around a carpark for half an hour.. the box was in bits.. i wouldnt ever use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

same company who wedged a few sticks of ram through my letterbox, and one time threw the parcel over the back wall, and another time delivered my package in an 1989 Opel Corsa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dave878

roastie wrote: »
    i was think that is all i would get, money back for what i paid. you should see the note he left , parcel and had the wrong spelling. GLS is the company , from being on the phone to them they are a pack of jokers , not helpfully at all.

You should not be so quick to point out the couriers inability to spell correctly.
    he is most likely a foreigner, same as you.

and how do i know that?

cos you have terrible spelling & grammar too

remember this??
    Let he who is without sin, throw the first stone (or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

dave878 wrote: »
    You should not be so quick to point out the couriers inability to spell correctly.
    he is most likely a foreigner, same as you.

and how do i know that?

cos you have terrible spelling & grammar too

remember this??
    Let he who is without sin, throw the first stone (or something like that)

Well Sherlock your amazing powers of deduction have let you down, roastie is 100% Irish :eek: I have known him for about 7 years ;)

What relevance does your post have to this thread? Who gives a sh1t what his spelling and grammar is like. Didn't know that boards.ie had self appointed spelling and grammar nazis like your good self to deal with this scourge of "foreigners" and the blight of bad spelling that we find ourselves dealing with :rolleyes:

I've had the misfortune of dealing with this company myself. The best one was where I was waiting on a package, heard a van pull up outside looked out from an upstairs window to see the driver hand the package to my next-door neighbour. I later rang GLS to ask why he did this, they said he was ringing my bell for 5 minutes!! Bullsh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe Royal Mail did something like this in the UK to a customer, the bin was emptied and the item worth about 3K which couldn't be replaced was dumped and never recovered,

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭roastie

Dave878 - I'm not going to get into a debate about my grammatic mistakes , but i would suggest you have a quick read over yours , it's far from perfect.

I just seem to find horror stories about GLS when i search for them. Not exactly a professional service. I doubt i would ever choose to deal with them in the future , but like in this case i didn't choose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

They delivered a package to my house and as no one was in they left it
    well hidden behind a big bush in the garden...with no note in the door to hint to its location, found it next day, of course it rained that night like never before, the package had dissolved by the next day :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lets keep this on topic please,no more 'my spelling dick is bigger than yours..' type of posts.

Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i was on the the courier company about this , and they said they would pay for the item
    Did they need any proof that it was a consignment of diamonds work €100k?
    they would be the same crowd who left a parcel on my front door step in full view of the road - luckily no one helped themselves to it - I complained by phone - also an ebay delivery
    Looks like you missed out on a refund, you will know better next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Cabaal wrote: »
    I believe Royal Mail did something like this in the UK to a customer, the bin was emptied and the item worth about 3K which couldn't be replaced was dumped and never recovered,

I know some people in the UK who have also had this experience with Royal Mail. Apart from the 3k bit.

It may come as a shock, but both my experiences with GLS have worked out fine! As have all the other major couriers. And I live in the countryside, so no easy street numbers or anything like that. I would be pretty pissed off if they left something in a bin or on the step though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've had quite a few deliveries with GLS, all of which were delivered as they should be. However, I live in Donegal, and here GLS deliveries are subbied out to DEF, which probably explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

To be fair, GLS in COrk is always brilliant from all the stuff I have gotten, seems Dublin GLS have a crowd of cowboys on horseback.
    Love the wheelie bin, imagine a package smelling of c**p!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I always found GLS in Galway ( out of Knock) as good as any other company . The driver , along with the DHL lad out of Shannon , were both absolute gentlemen with whom I and my colleagues always got on well.

The rest were a mixed bunch but I never came across a neandarthal driver in Galway I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are they (gls) franchised in dublin?I've had a few deliverys recently where the box's also looked as they had been kicked thru a depot resulting in 1 metal item being thrashed

At least there willing to rectify your problem easily i had awfull hassle with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

My postman leaves stuff in my Wheelie bin sometimes, sometimes leaves it in the garage with a note in my letterbox, saves me the hastle of going to the depot the next day.

I call it initiative ! ;)

Advertisement