Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tins of roses at tesco

Options
  • 12-10-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

i heard tesco are selling tins of roses for €6.40:eek: did not see it for myself, my mother told me about it, so not sure what size! anyone see this offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

pommers wrote: »
    i heard tesco are selling tins of roses for €6.40:eek: did not see it for myself, my mother told me about it, so not sure what size! anyone see this offer?

Sheesh.. your mother was so wrong... its 2.2kg of sweet roses chocolate for €6.44 ;) There's one sitting in front of of me on my coffee table as we speak. I'm trying to leave it til christmas, but temptation is killing me!! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ye true, there HUGE tins 2.2kg,,, dont know if you could get your hands on any though seen a pallet gone in a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Ahh dude..i bought 2 of them last year....for people that might call round.....ended up eating the 2 tins myself...before chrimbo!! put on about a stone in weight !:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ooh, while I wouldn't eat a tin of Roses myself, they'll make good gifts for some. :)

Hope there's some left tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Got four tins myself. Doubt they will last til christmas though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Xmas my ass my tin will be lucky to make through the night. I loves chocolate!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This was so funny to watch this morning in Artaine Castle. I was having a cup of coffee before shopping and could see them all coming out with the tins of Roses. One man was running to his car with one set while on the phone to his mate telling him about it. He then kept running back and forward to retrieve other pairs of tins from his kids. You'd think the world was ending. It was a right frenzy.

I still think the 'two for the price of one' tins of the posh biscuits was a better deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just been in Tesco Tallaght and i saw two staff walking in the store with two tins each. I asked them where they were and was told there was none left.

The two boys had two each for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

spurious wrote: »
    This was so funny to watch this morning in Artaine Castle. I was having a cup of coffee before shopping and could see them all coming out with the tins of Roses. One man was running to his car with one set while on the phone to his mate telling him about it. He then kept running back and forward to retrieve other pairs of tins from his kids. You'd think the world was ending. It was a right frenzy.

I still think the 'two for the price of one' tins of the posh biscuits was a better deal.

mmmm didnt see the posh biscuits:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Probably more for Halloween then Christmas tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't know about that. They're already selling selection boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i heard about it a few days ago... ate a tin and a half to myself ( ive got a fat boy trapped inside me ) worth every penny.... cheap as chips also.

though i seen a few people with trolly's full which did kinda scare be considering its not even Halloween yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Nightmare for the logistics crowd that do Tescos - handbill 100000 units out now or else.

(PS I think Roses are bloody horrible but there ya go, you lot love them)

EDIT: I came back to edit this as I sound like a moany auld bollicks.
    Roses forever! etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I just got my 2 (2 per customer only) in Tesco Finglas so I'm happy :)

(The guy didn't even bother bringing the pallet trolley back cause it emptied that fast! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

they dont last 2mins once people see them there for that price they all start taking them

i finally got 2 tins myself 2day, was very funny watchin everone dropping them to the car and back for more tee hee hee:D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i finally got 2 tins myself 2day, was very funny watchin everone dropping them to the car and back for more tee hee hee:D

Which store did you get them in today, I tried all three in Waterford yesterday and they were all sold out.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Which store did you get them in today, I tried all three in Waterford yesterday and they were all sold out.

got them in tesco ardkeen they were put on the shelfs @ 1 and were gone in 10mins, just happened to be goin in was lucky!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No bother, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Oh my goodness, that explains a lot!!

I was in my local Tesco earlier and noticed that there were LOADS of people loitering about - as in groups of about 3/4 women every couple of aisles, none of them were chatting away as you'd expect in a supermarket, instead they were looking around them really sketchily.

I was doing my shopping as per usual, and I noticed that one group were standing around an older lady - who was telling them that "they had a delivery at 2, the next one is at 4 - my husband and I managed to get 12 tins at home.... "

Madness! If you have to hang around the shop for hours in order to get the bargain in the first place... well that's not much of a bargain to me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I really, really want a tin

anybody that bought more than two is just plain mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Let the fat Bast*rds buy multiple tins, just buy one at normal price and save on the liposuction bill later! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

far2gud wrote: »
    Let the fat Bast*rds buy multiple tins, just buy one at normal price and save on the liposuction bill later! :)

completely agree

• Registered Users Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I went down to Tesco today to try and sniff out a tin of Roses.
    None at 6.40 to be found I'm afraid.
    I hadnt been in Tesco in a month or two but I was shocked at the alarming price increases in the items I normally buy there.
    20-30% on alot of items.
    I wont be doing much shopping there in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

None in the Sligo store today either!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nor in shannon. The hungers!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

i could be wrong but my partner thinks she seen the small print on the offer... half price offer ends monday the 15th. can anybody confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I hope someone wrapped up plops of poo ,in the roses wrappers and the greedy gits eat them:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Now €12.89 in my local Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

True! 2.2kg tin for 12.89 but 30% off (3.87) leaving it at 9.02 today in Tesco. Still rapidly going out the door. Maybe further discount if you buy two but not sure. Should be the same in other Tescos.

Advertisement