Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hittin the town...

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

One for the lads maybe...is it weird for two girls to head out on a night or does that strike you as weird or something as opposed to headin out in a group?!? :rolleyes:

Also just an interesting question, best place to head on a Sat night in town in your opinion?? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not weird at all.

Though I never understood girls who walk down the street with their arms linked together :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Why would it be weird? Just means less friends to cock block. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

wut u on abt

[*shudder, txt spk*]

weird? what? are you on some form of drugs o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Also just an interesting question, best place to head on a Sat night in town in your opinion?? ;)

Which town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

depends on what you wana do ? :D

Club M ?

Comming from a dublin girl so i assume ur in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dub_girl_101

haha kk nah cuz I was talking to some peeps there earlier n heard a few heads goin on about "like only the two of you went out?....thats kinda weird!" n all this n got me thinking is it? Cuz I often go out with only one or two...

Sounds a bit ridiculous I know but just clarifying...lol
    Photi wrote: »
    Which town?

Dublin city...lol
    depends on what you wana do ? :D
    Club M ?
    Yea also for the record...both 17...but none of those usual kips lyk the lyks of wesley n all that...I'm talking town town, no kiddies discos! ;)

haha kk nah cuz I was talking to some peeps there earlier n heard a few heads goin on about "like only the two of you went out?....thats kinda weird!" n all this n got me thinking is it? Cuz I often go out with only one or two...

Sounds a bit ridiculous I know but just clarifying...lol

Just means your friends are weird. :)

no its not at all weird if you both go out togather.

But if you two come home together and ..... than may be it is :D

no its not at all weird if you both go out togather.

But if you two come home together and ..... than may be it is :D

Ha! Good God no....

Also would it be less intimidating for a lad to go up and talk to a girl if she was only with one other?!

Also would it be less intimidating for a lad to go up and talk to a girl if she was only with one other?!

Absolutely.

So... where are you going to be on Sat? :)

• Advertisement

you are calling the shots before even the situation is has evolved.

writing a script in these situations is the biggest barrier to your success.

just go out and enjoy and let time decide...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ooooooo, the weekend is upon us! It's only 3.27 PM in OC of So Cal 8 time zones west of ye, and just kicking back sipping a cup in a javahouse listening to the tunes and surfin the web. To soon to party, but that'll change!

Place to party in Dub? Well, it's been a couple of years since there, but back then you would sometimes find me at the Big Tree, especially on student nights during the week.

Two girls can pub and club without probs. My flatmate and I sometimes take on the bars here, and there's always a lad or two that will try to chat us up, especially if we dress to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Infractions seem so hot right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nothing weird about it at all, happens all the time in my pub

you are calling the shots before even the situation is has evolved.

writing a script in these situations is the biggest barrier to your success.

just go out and enjoy and let time decide...

Completely agree but the question is where to go!? Ha! I'm a chilled out, outgoing girl n just wanna have a mad night of fun! I'm sick of all the "boys" of wezz n the likes tbh and also feel I'm way beyond those days so come on hit us with suggestions! ;)

Completely agree but the question is where to go!? Ha! I'm a chilled out, outgoing girl n just wanna have a mad night of fun! I'm sick of all the "boys" of wezz n the likes tbh and also feel I'm way beyond those days so come on hit us with suggestions! ;)

i would say just go to town

you will find your own way to some nice place.
    Its very difficult to predict a place and then if you dont enjoy there there is disappointment. so the best thing is "go with the Flow" ;)

you can have a bad experience at the best place in town
    &
    you can find what you are looking for, sometime in the worst place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Well judging from the lingo used in your posts I wouldn't stray too far from the likes of bondi beach/D2, etc. etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Is this a bird thing? I go out with one or two of the lads a load. Sure you need to, going with a large group is a pain in the arse- Ive seen nights where maybe 8 of us went where we would be split between 3 or 4 nightclubs because of bouncers only letting part of the group in.

As for Dublin nightlife, its dead, its gone, it doesnt exist. Went back to Tripod for only the 2nd time since it stopped being called the Red Box, it was utter ****e. Some of the blandest house imaginable, not one classic even spinned (prick of a DJ kept mixing bits of Born Slippy in for maybe 5 mins hinting it was about to get played, never did though :( ), yid have to be off your face to have a good one there. Sad stuff, I loved the Red Box years ago. Few months ago in Buskers we ran into a few Danish lads. Sound ****ers, we were having a banter with them about how we had just beaten them 4-0 in the friendly in Denmark (oh how times have changed :( ). They were asking what the club downstairs (Boomerangs) was like. I hadnt been in years due to the over 21s rule, over the years Id maybe managed to sneak in once and beg my way in twice. 2 times were great, one was utter ****e, but id heard it was an ok spot and one of my mates had a workmate who always went that he wanted to bump into, so e decided on it.

The Danes, looking somewhat bored, left by 1:30 and i couldnt blame them. Awful ****in cheesehole, i felt sorry they had spent prsumably a good bit of money coming to Dublin. When i asked the DJ to play a few classic 90s dance tunes (i wasnt asking him to dig out a copy of an Asylum or Sides set from 1995, just some general, well known stuff, Prodigy, Underworld, whatever). DJ replied that club policy generally dictates no dance music unless its current chart stuff :confused: When im abroad and foreigners ask me is Dublin worth visiting I tell the truth. No, it isnt. Its overpriced, clubs close too early and the clubs are brutal. Maybe im just getting older and in the past i was high on the mere fact i was in a nightclub getting locked, but they seem to get worse with every passing year.

I'm a chilled out, outgoing girl n just wanna have a mad night of fun!

:)
    Yea also for the record...both 17...

:eek:

*cleans bedroom, runs to offy for vodka*

Yeah, tell the taxi man to head to Blanch village, turn right at the shopping centre and go over the bridge, Ill be waitin there ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I really don't get town... or why anyone would choose to go there over the weekend of all times.

It just strikes me as being quite moronic.

shane86 wrote: »
    Is this a bird thing? I go out with one or two of the lads a load.

Well the impression I get from talking to my girl friends is that the smaller the group you're in, the less "popular" you appear to be by others! But I agree with ya when ya say goin in huge groups is a pain in the ass....just drags ya down its lyk ugh!

• Advertisement

Is this a bird thing? I go out with one or two of the lads a load. Sure you need to, going with a large group is a pain in the arse- Ive seen nights where maybe 8 of us went where we would be split between 3 or 4 nightclubs because of bouncers only letting part of the group in.

As for Dublin nightlife, its dead, its gone, it doesnt exist. Went back to Tripod for only the 2nd time since it stopped being called the Red Box, it was utter ****e. Some of the blandest house imaginable, not one classic even spinned (prick of a DJ kept mixing bits of Born Slippy in for maybe 5 mins hinting it was about to get played, never did though :( ), yid have to be off your face to have a good one there. Sad stuff, I loved the Red Box years ago. Few months ago in Buskers we ran into a few Danish lads. Sound ****ers, we were having a banter with them about how we had just beaten them 4-0 in the friendly in Denmark (oh how times have changed :( ). They were asking what the club downstairs (Boomerangs) was like. I hadnt been in years due to the over 21s rule, over the years Id maybe managed to sneak in once and beg my way in twice. 2 times were great, one was utter ****e, but id heard it was an ok spot and one of my mates had a workmate who always went that he wanted to bump into, so e decided on it.

The Danes, looking somewhat bored, left by 1:30 and i couldnt blame them. Awful ****in cheesehole, i felt sorry they had spent prsumably a good bit of money coming to Dublin. When i asked the DJ to play a few classic 90s dance tunes (i wasnt asking him to dig out a copy of an Asylum or Sides set from 1995, just some general, well known stuff, Prodigy, Underworld, whatever). DJ replied that club policy generally dictates no dance music unless its current chart stuff :confused: When im abroad and foreigners ask me is Dublin worth visiting I tell the truth. No, it isnt. Its overpriced, clubs close too early and the clubs are brutal. Maybe im just getting older and in the past i was high on the mere fact i was in a nightclub getting locked, but they seem to get worse with every passing year.

I think I agree with you on this. The over all entertainment quality

entertainment = value for money is rubbish

Too much over priced.

that said i have never been refused entry into a pub or club :D call it a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

smaller groups are always best; more than 4 and I find you have a problem keeping everyone together.

Girls are so funny, why would 2 be a big deal?? you will get more attention with just two. Guys will stay the hell away from a group of 10-15 girls :)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    smaller groups are always best; more than 4 and I find you have a problem keeping everyone together.

Girls are so funny, why would 2 be a big deal?? you will get more attention with just two. Guys will stay the hell away from a group of 10-15 girls :)

10 girls = More variety

so its a buyers market :D

its simple demand and supply rule

more explained here economics

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Danes are cool, met quite a few of them at this stage and such fond memories. Redbox was always a kip. I like doyles, I ran into a girl with Pale Fire in her purse, enough said. Over priced drinks though but lots of cheesy music.

Dublin social scene is depressing. If we weren't such alcoholics we couldn't tolerate such rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

2 girls = potential threesome....

Avoid town like the plague, if only for the length of time it takes to get a taxi on the way home. Try Heaven out in Blanch or the Vortex in Dunshaughlin. Both absolute kips but I've not had a bad night in either somehow!

10 girls = More variety

so its a buyers market :D

its simple demand and supply rule

more explained here economics

mate that is an excellent piece.

Though on the economics thing; more supply would equal less demand and vice versa ;)
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Avoid town like the plague, if only for the length of time it takes to get a taxi on the way home. Try Heaven out in Blanch or the Vortex in Dunshaughlin. Both absolute kips but I've not had a bad night in either somehow

Why is that the biggest kip of a nightclub is usually the best craic :confused: i will never figure it out but its true.....

Well the impression I get from talking to my girl friends is that the smaller the group you're in, the less "popular" you appear to be by others!

So do they think two or three lads on their own are lookin like loners, or they only think the same when its girls? Thinking about it, the best nights have been when a huge gang of us manages to get into the same club, tbh cant recall one that wasnt a belter, ought to try it more regularly.

I can imagine the difference actually. Two or three lads- we go in, get a rake of drink in, chat up whatever attractive birds are sitting beside wherever we sit our drinks down and, if it either doesnt go well or it looks like we are in for the score on the floor, we down a few more drinks get locked and, if the music is right, try our luck on the floor.

With two birds on their own i can see your point- they probably spend the entire time on the side of the floor chatting about watever yis talk about (girls only seem to dance if there are 4 of their mates on the floor with them :confused:). Pulling is impossible due to the "Im not gettin a taxi/sittin in the club on me own!" card being played. Even if Im with only one of the lads and he pulls first, pfft, its like a footie match where your one nil down and have to get the equaliser before final whistle, its competition :D
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Try Heaven out in Blanch or the Vortex in Dunshaughlin. Both absolute kips but I've not had a bad night in either somehow!

Aye id a few fookin mad ones in Heaven back on the day, parties afterwards, fallin into the gaff at 7am as the sun comes up on a beautiful summers day :D (that last description, very obviously, refers to summer 2005 or 2006, and obviously not the rake of piss that was summer 07, there were more better days between mid September and last week than the whole of that bastard summer) Believe it or not ive never made it to the Vortex despite several planned visits. Ive been told it reeks of sweat :D Hwever theres at least 3 birds i knew through college who are regulars (or were when i knew them anyway), been meaning to fly down and see if i can run into any.
    humbert wrote: »
    Danes are cool, met quite a few of them at this stage and such fond memories. I like doyles, I ran into a girl with Pale Fire in her purse, enough said. !

Yeah they were bang on, too bad they didnt bring some blonde unattatched Nordic yokes with them :( As said, i felt sorry that they had come to such a hole and probably spent a fair few bob on flights and accomadation so they could go drinking in an overpriced city where most places are shut before 3am. Wasnt the first time with the Danes, i vaguely recall a session in the Temple Bar pub with a few maybe 3 years back where, intending to wow her with my admiration of her glorious country, bored her to death with my knowledge of Denmarks Euro 1992 victory that only came about because the Yugoslavians were being rather nasty in Bosnia and got themselves thown out/boycotted :D It was about as nerdy in a sport way as trying to impress her with a detailed knowledge of the Danish resistance during WW II.

As for running into a gitl with "Pale Fire" in her purse, I googled it as i assumed Pale Fire was a strain of weed :confused: Nobody would believe my LC credentials mentioned in my sig now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why is that the biggest kip of a nightclub is usually the best craic :confused: i will never figure it out but its true.....

I guess it's cause your expectations are so low
    Believe it or not ive never made it to the Vortex despite several planned visits. Ive been told it reeks of sweat :D Hwever theres at least 3 birds i knew through college who are regulars (or were when i knew them anyway), been meaning to fly down and see if i can run into any.

It's an experience my friend. I've been to the StickyFloortex quite a bit and it's worth the trek. It's like a whole new world out there!

Good point. In Glasgow i went to a place called the Archaos nightclub. Fair enough, it was dirty, ugly and full of very dodgy looking scobies mad out of it on what are known as "eckies" in Glasgae, but christ what a ****ing spot. It was more like a really big old building that had some lights and floor put in. It wasnt at all aesthetically/architecturally amazing, but it must be the craziest place Ive been in, birds dressed like they are going to the beach and who, as soon as they realise your Irish by the accent, act like David Beckham/Brad Pitt/whatever famous dude birds flick the bean about these days/ has just walked in. You dont even have to try there, if you have an Irish accent you are like a celebrity. Gorgeous lookin yokes and all, I used to find the Scots accent really unattractive (seeing as i used to work customer service, and every Scottish female customer was incoherent and sounded like she weighed 24 stone). A weekend there and i think its the cutest accent around, fackhin lav it :)
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's an experience my friend. I've been to the StickyFloortex quite a bit and it's worth the trek. It's like a whole new world out there!

Im re- tempted to head :D

Tell me, are a large proportion of Aussie birds Neighbours standard (i.e. the only Aussie women we see here are the crackers in Neighbours. Is it somewhat representitive?) Was considering heading over in the new year for a few weeks, get a tan in mid winter and have a laugh generally.

• Advertisement

Tell me, are a large proportion of Aussie birds Neighbours standard (i.e. the only Aussie women we see here are the crackers in Neighbours. Is it somewhat representitive?)

you mean does every aussie girl look like rebecca cartwright, yummy :p

Advertisement