Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in Clonmel

Options
  • 30-05-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good quality restaurant in Clonmel ? I've never been there and am going there this weekend and looking for a good place to eat. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Chinese Food: Jasmine House
    Indian Food: The Red Onion
    Chipper: Lyons (unless you're scuttered, in which case you'll eat "scattered bossages" from Mayfair and like it).
    Steaks - There's a place called The Butter..churn, or something, opposite the back entrance of Dannos. Meant to be pretty good.

If it's daytime, try Angelas for lunch. The woman can seriously cook.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Excellent, thanks for that. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I know I'm a bit late with the reply, but ths maybe of use to others interested in restaurants in the area.

The steak house at the back of Post House is good.

Then there's the Itailian place on corner of Gladstone St. Think its called Gallieliao (Sp??)

After that I'd say try Mr Bumbles if your looking for something more up market.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Again late but incase anyone asks again....

Visited "The Butterchurn" (La Scala) last week and was impressed by the quality of the steaks. Priced from €17 to €24 and sevred with chips, mushrooms and fried onions (not classy true buy lovely!) Cooked to perfection (medium-rare)

Niamh's Restaurant isn't open at night but a fab place for a cheap, healthy lunch. Usually full by 12:10 though.

Raheen House Hotel if you're looking for somewhere fancy and pricey.

Meal for 2 with one starter, 2 mains, 1/2 bottle of wine, a beer and coffee for €58

Advertisement