Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Primus/Unicron to be removed from IDW

• 30-04-2007 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

apparently furman is pushing to have Primus and Unicron not included in the idw universe. This is important because Hasbro always said Primus and Unicron are universal elements in all TF continuites, so if IDW doesn't have them, rules be changing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

If you had said any other person than Furman id have believed the story.
    Unicron is one of his crutch characters.So i cant see him giving him the elbow.
    Sill fair play to him if its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Yeah, I think we could do with a little break from Unicorn.

IDW does have some interesting changes. galvatron is supposed to be a seperate character from Megs

GWolf wrote:
    IDW does have some interesting changes. galvatron is supposed to be a seperate character from Megs
    And the world shook with the sound of a horde of angry fanboys:D .
    Tbh im not a fan of messing with canon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

This is bad.

They have been overused but that's like saying Optimus Prime is overused, let's get rid of Optimus Prime.

They are important parts of TF Mythos, if not the most important part.

Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Unicrons been done to death at this stage. Its too easy too fall back on on the whole epic "the whole planets in danger from this massive evil being" storylines. In a universe which has such potential for great storylines, its a cop-out to use him so much. So fair play to IDW if its true.
    The Galvatron & Megatron thing could be good too, if its done right. I'd love to see the battle of wits beteen them...

• Advertisement

Dominatorx wrote:

Well, it could be interesting. I'd expect it to play out with Megs and Galvatron working against each other. We could get some very interesting moments.

but I'm definetly all for a break from giant planet eater et al.

GWolf wrote:
    Well, it could be interesting. I'd expect it to play out with Megs and Galvatron working against each other. We could get some very interesting moments.

but I'm definetly all for a break from giant planet eater et al.

Furmans done that b4 during his time wars arc. It wasent a particularly good idea back then either. But i do agree that Uni could use a long long vacation

Yeah, somewhere in the sun, where the girls go around with no casing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Dominatorx wrote:

they are not messing with Cannon. They are creating IDW Cannon. IDW is it's own thing and what came before has nothing to do with it.

And Furman has said that he has no plans for unicron or Primus in any of the storyboards he has done already.
    That doesn't mean that they have been Banished to the void.

Unicron is gona have a cameo in the new Beast wars series apparently.

And I for one have no prob with Gav and megs being different charachters.
    Change is not always bad. Normall it is but not always.

MarkHall wrote:
    they are not messing with Cannon. They are creating IDW Cannon. IDW is it's own thing and what came before has nothing to do with it.

Apart from the fact That EVERY incarnation of Galvatron in Every Tf universe Has been a reformatted Megatron ......... or at the very least Megs with a tackier paint scheme.

MarkHall wrote:
    Unicron is gona have a cameo in the new Beast wars series apparently.
    Interesting. Loved the Take IDW had on Beast Wars. If its a cameo in the way he was a cameo in the actual series then that would rock

MarkHall wrote:
    And I for one have no prob with Gav and megs being different charachters.
    Change is not always bad. Normall it is but not always.
    I dont have a massive problem with it myself . But, As ive stated previously Furman has done it b4 and it was just a convuluted mess then.

Actually now that i think of it. Hes done it twice.
    Once in time wars and once in the Armada story Worlds Collide
    Worlds collide wasent too bad apart from the fact that it just didnt feel like Galvatron

• Advertisement

Dominatorx wrote:
    Apart from the fact That EVERY incarnation of Galvatron in Every Tf universe Has been a reformatted Megatron ......... or at the very least Megs with a tackier paint scheme.

You're forgetting captain pinky pants from BWII

GWolf wrote:
    You're forgetting captain pinky pants from BWII

Its really more of a lavender :p .
    I think i read somewhere he is g1 galv from another dimension.Though that could have been someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

GWolf wrote:

*cough* Marvel

Galvasean wrote:
    *cough* Marvel

Except he was still a reformatted MEgatron in that. They just did the whole time warp thing. This time, supposed to be a copmpletly different and unrelated character

GWolf wrote:
    Except he was still a reformatted MEgatron in that. They just did the whole time warp thing. This time, supposed to be a copmpletly different and unrelated character

Just saw the preview pages for Galvatron.
    Oh look a space anomoly of DOOOM that spits Galvy out

Advertisement