Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats going on in Loughrea?

Options
  • 24-05-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

whats with all the digging?
    I hope that the road will be at least level afterwards!
    badly needs it!
    john

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Putting in Broadband maybe?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

With a bit of luck, they're burying the entire anachronistic town. At least with the bypass you don't have to drive down "The Street That Time Forgot" anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alib

HEY!!!! No fair. At least it doesn't have the same usual bunch of shops as can be found anywhere and still has a little bit of character to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

3 Words: Not. Just. Combats.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

whats with all the digging?
    I hope that the road will be at least level afterwards!
    badly needs it!
    john

They seem to have been digging up Loughrea for the past 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

Robbo wrote:
    With a bit of luck, they're burying the entire anachronistic town. At least with the bypass you don't have to drive down "The Street That Time Forgot" anymore.
    Hee hee :D. My thoughts exactly, that street is sooo grim. Why is it so grey & dirty lookin' all the time, even on a fine sunny day that place is depressing. I think the locals should at least clean their windows once in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

new paths,roads and all that.......finished in sept but probably wont be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Mr Mojo wrote:
    I think the locals should at least clean their windows once in a while!

Because it'll be filthy again tomorrow with all the traffic that goes through that town.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

SyxPak wrote:
    Because it'll be filthy again tomorrow with all the traffic that goes through that town.
    Yeah, I suppose you're right there, even with the bypass it's fairly heavy going, but a lick of paint once in a while wouldn't go a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Robbo wrote:
    3 Words: Not. Just. Combats.
    Classic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement