Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospect Hill Estate Apartments- Any Good?

Options
  • 18-04-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

On the look out for a new apartment for the missus and myself and her main requirement is that it must be quiet. Talking to one of the guys in work and he's just started to rent a one bedroom place in Prospect Hill Estate on the Finglas Road. They are newly built, one bedroom, decent sized living room, gas heated, broadband and TV are included in the bill, dishwasher and washing machine and there is a parking space too. The rent is €1000 per month.
    Apparantly there is a bus stop very close to the apartment complex and it is a 25min bus journey into town in the mornings. I work with two guys from Finglas who say that this area of Finglas is actually alright and I should rent here. We don't need much as all we do really is either stay in and have fun or go to the cinema so we don't have any need for pubs or clubs etc. Oh and seemingly there is a 24 hour Tesco's nearby too.

So what do you folk think? I don't know this area of town at all. Is it an OK area to rent in? Any problems I should know about, is there much/any trouble here?

After seeing so many places in the last week and the rediculous prices that are being charged, not to mention the queues of people waiting to see places too and the lack of courtesy of agents not calling you back to say you didn't get it, I'm seriously tempted to take the place in Prospect Hill Estate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hey well my boyfriend lives right across the road in Premier Square and at the moment Im looking right to Prospect Hill. Im not sure about the people but he has been renting here for the last 2 yrs and we know no-one, I think its just apartment life. As for buses right across the road is the bus stop and they are very frequent to Parnell Square. One of the biggest Tesco is no more then 5 mins walk. Then Phiboro is down the road with a couple of niteclub McGowans and Botanic House. The Porterhouse is there as well as Smthys new pub. Next door to you is a new hotel Ard More) but its not that great. For 1000 a month Id jump on it. In premier its 1000/1200 for 2 bed. Hope I helped:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Texas,

Thanks for the great info. The main thing I'm concerned about I guess is if there is any trouble around there. Have you seen any there, or is it a quiet enough place? I'd be concerned for her if she was on her own, or do I have no need to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I really dont think you have anything to worry about. My boyfriend works odd hours and I do be alone in the apartment alot of times. In an apartment complex you have all the security you need. You are also very close to the M50. Most of my friends that come to visit ring me first so I know they are outside. I have never seen any trouble, Finglas Gardai station is right up the road. So have a think and decide what you want and your partner. Every thing is so close which is a bonus:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

no trouble there. There's about 5 roads in Finglas I wouldn't live on, the rest is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

eo980 wrote:
    Hey Texas,

Thanks for the great info. The main thing I'm concerned about I guess is if there is any trouble around there. Have you seen any there, or is it a quiet enough place? I'd be concerned for her if she was on her own, or do I have no need to be?

Have a look at http://www.neighbours.ie/prospecthill/ for up to date info on whats its like to live there from residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dominlc

Hey guys,

I'm looking for apartment to buy and I found one on Prospect Hill.

Does any of you live there? Could you give me some summary about that location?

Advertisement