Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The 'OMG Britney!' thread

• 28-02-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭

I heard a guy on the radio this morning say that he has recently come out of the clinic that Britney is in. He said she attended an AA meeting there and implied that she is struggling with drugs...

...obviously delighted to be cashing in :rolleyes:

$ $
    |
    __

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Her ex apparently stated that he could barely keep up with her drug fueled binges while together. The article I read even hinted that they'd done the nasty. I'm glad he's cashing in, apparently he got nothing in the annulment. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Am I the only one that feels really sorry for her? She's had two kids in the space of two years, just broken up with her husband and she's clearly desperately unhappy. It's like seeing your big sister mess up her life and every time you think she can't get any worse, she does.

I do find Kevin Federline's turnaround quite amusing though; for the last two years he's been this horrible guy who turned Britney into trailer trash. Now he's like the good guy trying to rescue her; this magazine actually calls him Super Dad. Scary.

cover_blog_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I don't think too many people would have sympathy for her - there are many people out in the world who have it a lot tougher than Britney Spears (and with a lot less money!!)

Kevin federline as Super Daddy :eek:

What next, Osama Bin Laden to win the Nobel Prize for peace :rolleyes:

Kojak wrote:
    I don't think too many people would have sympathy for her - there are many people out in the world who have it a lot tougher than Britney Spears (and with a lot less money!!)

Well it's all relative; it's not like I'm comparing her situation to that of say, people in Darfur or anything:)

It's just for a celebrity she's going through a really rough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Fair enough, I may have taken it a bit too literally. But from my point of view, she has done most of this to herself.

The dressing like trailer trash (is that the right expression :confused: ), getting p1ssed drunk every night etc. She also checked into Rehab 3 times) and left after a the first 2 times within a day. Maybe, as the old saying goes "third time's the charm" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

stargal wrote:
    Am I the only one that feels really sorry for her?

No. I really do feel sorry for her! See this

Seven photos, one video and a lot of comments!

Looking at the beginning of the video you can see how intrusive paparazzi really are. I'd hate that treatment while I was going through a break-up! Break-ups are hard at the best of times, Britneys' break-up has children involved which makes it worse and then to make it worse she has to put up with that treatment from photographers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

stargal wrote:
    for the last two years he's been this horrible guy who turned Britney into trailer trash.

Britney was trailer park long before him, the marketing and PR people just did a better job of not letting us see it.

I'm not saying she deserves all this but we kinda saw it coming really.

Also, paparazzi are scum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah, I feel so sorry for her.

The docs at her rehab are saying it's most likely due to post-natal depression that she's going crazy. That, or she's bi-polar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I wish they'd put her down!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I feel really sorry for her, the poor girl is obviously experiencing some kind of meltdown and the media are following it with glee. Check out the photos of her here attacking a car with an umbrella after K-Fed won't answer his door. NOT the actions of someone with fabulous mental health. Poor thing.:(

http://www.redcarpetgossip.com/2007-02-22/bat-****-britney/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nala82

guys, poor Britney is 25...married and divorced from an idiot of a man, has 2 of his kids (yes,her fault, i know) and has god damn paperattzi in her face,following her every move since she split from him, I think thats enough for any 25 year old to crack a little bit.
    Everyone just need to give the girl a break!! of course all we see is the drunk bad ****ty mother britney...thats what they cash in on!! The only way she can get a decent break is in rehab,so hopefully she will do ok there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

I think the fact that she became famous at a young age.... What kind of childhood did she have? This is bound to make her a little..... ya know..... She's been in the spotlight pretty much constantly for years.....

According to this on perezhilton, Britney has said to her rehab doctors that she's been bulimic since she was 16 - very sad if it's true.

Terrible business!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evee_03

stargal wrote:
    Am I the only one that feels really sorry for her? She's had two kids in the space of two years, just broken up with her husband and she's clearly desperately unhappy.

yeah, i agree. i feel sorry for her. She's still young so hopefully she'll get her life back on track!

Yes. I hope that she does... Cos she's a talented singer.... And I think that she could really get her career back if she tried to focus her energies into something positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

I just hope all this trauma doesnt negatively effect the making of kevins new album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

descry wrote:
    I just hope all this trauma doesnt negatively effect the making of kevins new album

Class! We wouldn't want the world to be robbed of the opportunity to enjoy Kevins talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

poor girl that video said alot!!!she's not of sound mind atall!!

Ok, I know the gossip world may have been starved of Brit's antics for a few weeks, but it seems that people are going seriously overboard with rubbish stories about her since she came out of rehab. Including this one, possibly the most ridiculously over-blown thing I've ever read.

From perezhilton.com:
    Britney Rushed To The Hospital!

Sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that shortly after 5:15 P.M. Pacific on Sunday Britney Spears was rushed to the emergency room.

Update: As of 5:40 PM, Spears was still in the Century City hospital.

Update #2: Spears was taken to the ER in an Escalade SUV with her driver and a bodyguard.

Update #3: We're still unsure what caused Britney to be rushed to the hospital, but we sincerely hope it's not a serious condition.

Sources tell us that at approximate 2 PM on Sunday Spears met with her Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor at Barefoot restaurant.

Early in the day, she went to an 11 AM service at a church in Bel Air.

We hope Britney's okay!!!

Update #4: The cops are crawling outside the hospital trying to keep the growing crowd of paparazzi under control.

Update #5 Sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that Britney was at the dentist.

"She has had a toothache for a few days and her assistant got a dentist to see her on Sunday," says our source. "So technically she may be AT a hospital but she is at the dentist."

Update #6: Britney just left the Century City Hospital at 6:25 PM Pacific.

Posted by on March 25, 2007 6:40 PM |

• Advertisement

OMG she was at the dentest?????:eek:

I cannot control my excitement, I just wonder time she went to the loo at?

Yeah slightly overblown alright....

LOL according to the enquirer Dr Phil is Britney's new therapist...

HILARIOUS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

A positive step. She could reach for the bottle but she's seeking refuge instead. Good on her. I hope she stays sober.

What is #FreeBritney that is trending, is this from her parents

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is #FreeBritney that is trending, is this from her parents

She is in a conservatorship with her Father. Dating back to her 2007 breakdown.

Meaning that her father has control over her finances.

From what I understand, her fans are campaigning to have her released from this tie.

Britney Spears is afraid of her father and will not resume her career so long as he has power over it, her attorney said in court on Tuesday

https://www.buzz.ie/celebs/britney-spears-afraid-of-dad-jamie-and-wont-perform-while-hes-in-charge-lawyer-claims-399391

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

I am so confused about Britney’s conservatorship. They claim that she has dementia. Her own court-appointed solicitor claimed in 2020 that she lacks capacity and is like a comatose patient. But on the other hand, she did the Vegas gig. Thoughts?

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

She was denied to have more children or get married again, put on lithium, she needs friends and family on her side not after the cash

Advertisement