Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal gift for a Girlfriend

Options
  • 19-11-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

So whats an ideal gift for a girlfriend?

I know that it will be different for everyone, something personal, but i'd like to hear what other people are getting their gf/wife/partner for christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Logged out for this...

My girlfriend's a big Dr. Who fan so I got her this...

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/limited-edition-rc-imperial-dalek-p-1653.html

And I'm about to get her this as well...

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gorgeous-gifts/gifts-for-her/hot-polar-bear/index.html

...and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

nice spot, just orderd that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I would love a nice day of pampering, a voucher for a day at a spa. The whole works; massage, pedicure, facial etc... My boyf got me massage vouchers for my bday. But a really expensive spa break would be amazing

Other than that I'd love any pink/diamondy technology; phone, mp3 player etc.

A nice weekend away somewhere romantic might interest her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I would love a nice day of pampering, a voucher for a day at a spa. The whole works; massage, pedicure, facial etc... My boyf got me massage vouchers for my bday. But a really expensive spa break would be amazing

How much would that cost?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

How much would that cost?
    A few hundred but I was looking at 5 star Hotels in the Kildare area.

A wireless pet rabbit, though maybe I am a bit unusual, he just got me this and I love it : http://new.nabaztag.com/en/index.html

We are getting married over Chistmas this year so it will be hard for him to top that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well the wifeh and I are moving into a new house in December so how can I top that next year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

most women will be only too happy to drop hints... it's just up to you to listen for them.

My ideal gift would be a night in a suite in a very expensive hotel, room service for dinner and a "do not disturb" on the door. Failing that, something that makes me feel girlie: jewellery, pampering, new scent,..... Most people who know me know know I'm into my sports so I tend to get athletics related gifts. Lovely but not what I want.

I'd listen for the hints.....They are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone want to tell me what this was as the website is generating a 'Server Error'!!!

I am guessing it was one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

The ideal gift would have to be something she loves to death. It could be the dress she always wanted but couldn’t afford. Expensive jewellery that you always find her adoring during window shopping. A book she was planning to buy etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Anybody know where you can get that ^ in a shop?(poor student with no credit card.) It seems popular enough...

T.Sc.

I think Argos have something similar.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

im enrolling my girlfriend in piano lessons in the waltons school of music because she has mentioned she wanted to get back in to learning it so hopefully she likes it:o

150/200 euro aint to bad either i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

There about 35quid in argos. Cant find one anywhere else, the ones on ebay look real crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Could someone post a linky for the one in argos? I cant find it online, unfortunate that the polar bear from i want one of those is sold out i sent off an email but no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

those hot bear thingys are availabel in some pharmacys, i seen them in two last week in sligo, theyre about 18euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

a day or weekend in Powerscourt Springs.

Trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

most women will be only too happy to drop hints... it's just up to you to listen for them...I'd listen for the hints.....They are there.

[Rant] Hints, I'll give you hints. I've spend my whole life listening to fupping hints. My head is wrecked. Why can't women just point and say "Buy me that"? Would it be so hard? This hints racket should be outlawed under the Geneva Convention or something. Bloddy wimmin. [/Rant]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

shoutman wrote:
    Could someone post a linky for the one in argos? I cant find it online, unfortunate that the polar bear from i want one of those is sold out i sent off an email but no reply yet.

I emailed too, got this reply

Thanks for your email.

Due to supplier problems, it is unlikely that this item will be available before the new year.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Anybody know where you can get that ^ in a shop?(poor student with no credit card.) It seems popular enough...

T.Sc.

Ignoring the poor bit, you could always get yourself a 3V card to order stuff online.

T.Sc.

Even if you don't have a CC, what Myth suggested would work fine or if you have the Laser feature on your ATM card then a whole heap of stores accept Laser.

T.Sc.

Just back from the Christmas Market over in the IFSC and you can get something like them there. The polar bear looks better then the ones they had though - only simple teddys.

Could be other ones inside the hut. Wander up there anyways.

Advertisement