Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magical millions tickets anyone had good experiences ?

Options
  • 04-11-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post so apologies if not.

With my Sky magazine yesterday came a packet which contained an Emerald Magical Millions "winning ticket" from Purely Creative. I normally throw such things away but I was bored and opened it.

It says I have won a prize, min €150 Euro max €1,500,000 along with other cash prizes cars/holidays/TVs etc. To find out which is my prize I have to ring a number (max call length 4 mins 10 secs at €2.40 per minute) fill in my prize details and post it.

I have visited their website www.purelycreative.ie and seem to be a genuine company with helpdesks in Ireland and the UK. They show photos of previous winners in Ireland along with comments and quotes.

Now I'm quite sceptical usually but having read the terms and conditions 3 times it seems that for a €10 phone call I am guaranteed the lowest price of €150 - I would be prepared to post my entry registered post to ensure they received it.

Has anyone else had experience of this company? Is it genuine do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

It's genuine , as in you will receive your 'prize' worth €150 but ....
    most likely it will be a holiday voucher, which means you have to spend €1000+ to redeem it.

Or maybe i'm just cynical, but think about it, they have to make there money somewhere, they are not a charity, so all tickets have to be 'winner's so they can make money on the phone calls

Personally, i stay away from these types of promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

yeah tis usually a voucher for a holiday or some such, which as well as only paying for part of a holiday is usually restricted to use at certain periods of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The ones you get in magazines always win and the grannies ring in to see what they have won at €2 a min. I reckon they make a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Repeat this Mantra to yourself before you go to bed each night. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

fade2black wrote:
    If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
    Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

only this week i recieved my so call holiday from purely creative. the conditions where i had to join some travel club and purchase other tickets to get my free holiday for 1. so i firmly think its a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Glad I followed the advice and ignored it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

only this week i recieved my so call holiday from purely creative. the conditions where i had to join some travel club and purchase other tickets to get my free holiday for 1. so i firmly think its a waste of money.

I won a holiday to Prague and Vienna this month, but I still haven't bothered sending in the winning ticket. Holiday for 1? I'm sure the wife would be impressed...

Ah well, I pay the phone bill myself.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

write to SKY.

tell them you want to opt out of receiving this crap in the mail or else you will cancel your subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mailsspencer

I also received a winning ticket, although the winning prizes available are as follows:
    1 x £1 million cash
    3 x £20,000 cash
    4 x £10,000 cash
    6 x £5,000 cash
    7 x £2,000 cash
    10 x £1,000 cash
    15 x £250 M&S vouches
    15 x iPod nanos
    200+ digital camera (£6.50 secure delivery charge applies)
    200 x £150 cash

No mention of any holidays.

I agree with the motto "you don't get anything for nothing", but it is tempting to spend some money on a couple stamps to find out. If they reply saying you have to come to this address to receive your prize, then I will give up (time share sales people waiting to pounce). But if they simply send a cheque, great. Anyone with any experience in winning?

:confused:

• Advertisement

No mention of any holidays.

The prize list varies each month. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Just look for the + against the prize rather than the x cos thats what yer gonna win... Holiday Vouchers or a 2 euro camera that cost you 6 euros in a telephone call.

I won a necklace this month. Just send us €7.50 for the secure transport. Eh, no thanks. Keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janetann

never phone for your claim number. Send a stamped addressed envelope (mark it somewhere so you know which draw it refers to). This way, entry only costs you 4 stamps and 4 cheap envelopes. I have a nice watch and a silver chain for coppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

janetann wrote: »
    never phone for your claim number. Send a stamped addressed envelope (mark it somewhere so you know which draw it refers to). This way, entry only costs you 4 stamps and 4 cheap envelopes. I have a nice watch and a silver chain for coppers!

i have received this win a million in my sunday times newspaper
    have 3 boats matching
    but at the very top of card in tiny print is written advertisment
    have they covered their backs with that one little word
    it has to be too good to be true
    as they ask you to ring this number yet the call costs 2.50 which means they may be taking a cut from every call, and making a nice little package from that alone
    never mind asking to sending the 55cent stamp they all add up
    and closing date is a month away
    they will get alot of calls and stamps between here and then

has any one here tried to call it
    it has a postbox address in dublein

Advertisement