Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport nights out

Options
  • 06-09-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Myself and a few girls are goin to westport for a weekend in october and was wondering is there anybody that could give and advise on where to go and not to go in westport for good nightlife, eating out etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you 2 choices in niteclubs , oscars and the castlecourt. The castlecourt has 2 floors with different music on each floor. oscars isfor all the people who cant get in to or cant be bothered waiting in a line to get into the castlecourt.

The following pubs are worth visiting, cosy joes,henghans, matt mulloys. the best thing about westport is that everything in westport is in walking distance.

The castlecourt gets very busy, the last time i was there the doors were not even open and there was a lot of people outside waiting to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I agree with Irish Geo 100%. Well for drinking, there's Dunning's, Blouser's and any pub on bridge street or Mill Street

Castlecourt is a newly built night club, however drinks are very expensive in there, be prepared to go to Super Valu off licence. Oscars is fairly reasonable with their prices and its very good...

Eating out. Well two that I immediatley recommend is J.J O'Malleys or McCormacks or mangos. All very good eating places.

Good Luck in Westport!

http://westport.mayo-ireland.ie/
    Maps of Westport available in the Tourist info office on James Street

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Try Cosy Joe's - there's a late night bar there until 2am and the music is great. If you are into live music on Saturday, Heneghan's has a great rock band.

You are spoiled for choice when it comes to eating in Westport. The pub's down on Westport Quay have great food, and Il Torino on High Street is a good Italian restaurant.

HAve a great weekend.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sarahp

thanks a million for the advice guys. really looking forward to goin down now. 9 days to go woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Good Luck... There's a tourist Info office on james Street that will supply maps if you need help....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cappamj

I see on another thread that Mayo Man is looking to meet some girls how about getting in touch when you are in Westport-- it could be the start of something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭HPMan

How did it go - the night in Westport? and did MayoMan get in touch???

Advertisement