Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Bottlers!

Options
  • 17-09-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Well, boys and girls.. One of the worst All-Ireland finals in recent years. The mayo lady-boys shouldn't even have bothered turning up, they were a joke. I was laughing all through the match at them. They were very lucky that they weren't beaten by more.

They really showed there true colours and I hear that O'Neills are in advanced discussions with the county board regarding the famous red and green jerseys which are going to be changed to yellow for next season to match the mentality of the players (and their hair colours).

Not to worry though coz I'm sure the thugs of fans will assault some poor Kerry supporters or players or both this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

whats your problem. So Mayo were not at their best do we really need people like you to point that out.

By the way I loved that joke about the jerseys I have only heard that every year of my life about losing all Ireland teams.

I am not from Mayo/Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Are people forgetting that Mayo are still the second best county this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Are you serious? To be fair I think a Girl's under 12 B football team from Kilkenny would have put up a better performance! No way Mayo are the second best county in Ireland this year, any other county in Ireland would have been better on the day. And remember Cork actually beat Kerry once already, so they probably have most legitimate claim to that title anyway.

I hope that the Mayo players and management are ashamed of themselves for their pathetic performance (one of the worst ever in All-Ireland history). People paid good money and travelled from far and wide and for what? To see a bunch of gutless and spineless losers make a show of themselves, their county and football generally!

To be honest I don't see the point in Mayo football. No other county has choked on so many occasions or been involved in so many uncompetitive all-ireland finals. Why even compete (and I use that word losely) when the ultimate result is a foregone conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

dats_right wrote:
    Not to worry though coz I'm sure the thugs of fans will assault some poor Kerry supporters or players or both this evening.
    Where do you get off calling Mayo fans thugs, I've never seen a mayo fan start a fight over a football match and I doubt you'll find many who have. I live in Castlebar and have followed Galway all my life and I've never got any greif over it. I've been to games in Mc Hale park where Galway have won and the fans never caused any trouble, where are you from anyways. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

dats_right wrote:
    Are you serious? To be fair I think a Girl's under 12 B football team from Kilkenny would have put up a better performance! No way Mayo are the second best county in Ireland this year, any other county in Ireland would have been better on the day. And remember Cork actually beat Kerry once already, so they probably have most legitimate claim to that title anyway.

I hope that the Mayo players and management are ashamed of themselves for their pathetic performance (one of the worst ever in All-Ireland history). People paid good money and travelled from far and wide and for what? To see a bunch of gutless and spineless losers make a show of themselves, their county and football generally!

To be honest I don't see the point in Mayo football. No other county has choked on so many occasions or been involved in so many uncompetitive all-ireland finals. Why even compete (and I use that word losely) when the ultimate result is a foregone conclusion?

Dats_right, you do realise that Mayo won their right to be in the all-ireland, no back door sh*te, they earned their right to be there. Fair enough we have choked in far too many all-ireland finals in recent years, but at least we were there.

& Mayo also bet Kerry earlier this year.

you dont have a location stated, may i suggest it is eating sour grapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

dats_right wrote:
    Yes, ONE THUG from mayo did, ONE THUG from mayo did, etc....
    I'd sasy the only reason that guy was assaoulted is because he provoked it, and if he did provoke it, then I would have been with that Mayo Fan helping him to kick the crap into him, for being such a thick idiot.

Did you not watch the Game of Mayo vs. Dublin, dubbed as the best game ever in the history of GAA in it's form. Were you watching it?

Kerry Won, they were the best team on the day. Mayo came and knew they would lose. We have a curse that we got in 1951, about 10 All-Ireland final bruises, changing Manager every year... I think we can be dubbed as the only team in the world that has ever been through so much tears and unhappiness that has ever kept itself together.

Mayo went there and they did their best, they came home and took the shame, I will forever love them for having to do thats so many times. If they didnt turn up that day, I would have boycotted them.

What really pisses me off, is that, people rang into Mid-West radio just to insult their own team and say they were brutal and they should be beaten with a whip for it... that isnt what you call being supportive of fellow Mayo-Men! Thats just being scum! We had a bad day, we put up a good fight...they squashed us. Get over it....

That changing of the colors of the jersey, might be a good idea. it will refresh the team, and I think we will be just emptying the team's bad luck that came with the old jersey.

Where are you from? You seem to have the bottle to call us thugs, I don't see you going through a horrendous regime getting up at 6am every morning to go to training and run 5-15mile a day, cos' mayo players did.... and where did your county come in there? I bet they didnt run a tremendous season either?

Advertisement